Fourtitude.com - Donut Media host James P. survives heart attack
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Member
      Cars
      '01 Mitsubishi Mirage DE, VVTI-swapped JZX90 Mark II, JZS149 Crown Majesta, JZS147 Aristo 3.0V
      11-08-2019 01:10 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
      This is crazy, hopefully he gets well soon.

Count me in as another husky millennial (30 here). Definitely realizing that I gotta work on **** as I get older due to stuff like this and generally not liking the beer gut. Started learning how to skate a week or so ago, been attempting to stick with a healthy meal prep for a while now with mixed results. Going to try and get back into the gym, as clueless as I am there.

I'm noticing the health issues too and I wonder if it's due to our lifestyle changes compared to older generations - more of us have desk jobs where we're sitting a lot and then when we get home we sit some more.

My lower back muscles shouldn't get sore from standing for a bit like they do and I almost certainly can blame sitting for that. Been thinking about a standing desk deal for a while now and might pull the trigger on one, at least at home.
      How is that going for you so far? I thought it was a lost cause at our age bracket so if you can still pick it up, perhaps there's hope for me too. I really want to improve my core balance for once.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Old/German/Broken
      11-08-2019 01:34 PM #27
      I'm turning 35 today, and I lost about 100lbs 6 years ago, because I lost my dad to a heart attack at 74. 74 isn't 34, but still.

So, if you guys are really looking for a place to start -

Fitnessblender.com

and go to workout videos.

If you have lower back/hip/sciatica problems -

Pso-rite.com

You're welcome, fatties!
      Graphic & Web Design, Photography, Branding, Typography - www.darkenergydesign.net

Cars
      2012 Kia Forte EX
      11-08-2019 02:11 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBPL8 View Post
      How is that going for you so far? I thought it was a lost cause at our age bracket so if you can still pick it up, perhaps there's hope for me too. I really want to improve my core balance for once.
      Honestly it's going a lot better than I thought. I've only been out a handful of times so far but I've managed to be able to stand with both feet on the board for a distance on the right concrete so it's something! I try to stay out for a hour or so a session but the last time a muscle near my spine in my lower back began to bother me probably because I was standing up and pushing - I'm hoping it'll help improve both my core balance and my core strength especially in the lower back area. I'll definitely stretch next time to see if that helps.

Depending on the weather I hope to get out there tonight and hopefully get comfortable with moving my feet slightly while the board is in motion so I can fit both feet on sideways. I've been skating at my workplace (school campus) because the pavement at the park near my house is super rough so it's hard to get speed and stability. There's patches where it's better at my job.

A great reddit sub that has people of a wide variety of ages on it is r/newskaters - it's what convinced me to finally give skating a go - I've always wanted to do it since I was a kid but never had the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      I'm turning 35 today, and I lost about 100lbs 6 years ago, because I lost my dad to a heart attack at 74. 74 isn't 34, but still.

So, if you guys are really looking for a place to start -

Fitnessblender.com

and go to workout videos.

If you have lower back/hip/sciatica problems -

Pso-rite.com

You're welcome, fatties!
      Thanks! I'll check those out for sure - the hardest part of the whole gym thing for me is figuring out what to do when I get there so I'm sure that'll help.

Cars
      Old/German/Broken
      11-08-2019 02:51 PM #29

Thanks! I'll check those out for sure - the hardest part of the whole gym thing for me is figuring out what to do when I get there so I'm sure that'll help.

I've never stepped foot in a gym. I bought a thick, oversized yoga mat, some free weights, and some cross training shoes that I use only in the apartment. I recommend starting at the bottom, just body weight stuff to get moving and activated. Then keep going. I went from barely being able to do jumping jacks for 60 seconds, to doing 90 min, 1200 calorie workouts.
      Graphic & Web Design, Photography, Branding, Typography - www.darkenergydesign.net

11-08-2019 02:51 PM #30
      That's really scary. He's a super cool host and makes that content very enjoyable to watch.

Cars
      '16 GTI
      11-08-2019 03:01 PM #31
      He’s a good dude and a long time vortexer as well. Hopefully he makes a quick recovery and is back at it soon.

https://youtu.be/FpNG2LVEuuI

11-08-2019 03:56 PM #32
      I'm noticing the health issues too and I wonder if it's due to our lifestyle changes compared to older generations - more of us have desk jobs where we're sitting a lot and then when we get home we sit some more.

My lower back muscles shouldn't get sore from standing for a bit like they do and I almost certainly can blame sitting for that. Been thinking about a standing desk deal for a while now and might pull the trigger on one, at least at home.
      My case. I have a desk job and been doing this for 4 years now. Haven't really gained much weight, but I definitely want to be fit... gotta turn it around at 30.

I think I'll get a stand up desk too. Just been sleeping on it.
      2016 GTI S 6MT 2door

11-08-2019 03:57 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBPL8 View Post
      Glorification of the "dad bod" may have something to do with it.
      And also being T H I C C
      2016 GTI S 6MT 2door

10. 11-09-2019 01:42 PM #34
      Wish him a speedy recovery, perhaps a change in name from 'Donut Media' might be appropriate at this point?

Cars
      Hopes and Dreams
      11-09-2019 02:24 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by chopWet View Post
      Wish him a speedy recovery, perhaps a change in name from 'Donut Media' might be appropriate at this point?

Cars
      ‘19 STi, '18 Silverado, ‘93 TX DPS SSP
      11-09-2019 05:33 PM #36
      Prayers for James.

Seems like a very cool dude.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12