Fourtitude.com - Gordon Ramsay has quite a car collection! "Gordon's so rich he hasn't even seen all his UK cars together before." TRACKDAY
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Cars
      Corrado Lysholm, 2014 Challenger R/T manual, 2013 Camaro SS Dusk Hurst manual & 2001 SVT Lightning
      11-07-2019 08:29 AM #1
      I quoted the headline from a post in the youtube comments. It was so fitting here.

For the first time ever, Gordon is taking all of his UK cars out to the track for a track day with his closest friends and family. From his La Ferrari to his McLaren to his Porsche. This is a day he will never forget.
      Carz: allpic My 3 C's- Challenger, Camaro & Corrado -*Dusk Edition SS-*Group-*Challenger RT
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      Yep, when I see andlf as the thread starter, it's a mandatory click now.
      G stands for GRENADE, 60 stands for what the tach says when it happens!.."Here"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

11-07-2019 09:04 AM #2
      He’s got a lot of nice cars but he’s still an arrogant bastard even if his act is 50% shtick.

11-07-2019 09:19 AM #3
      Wow I had no idea that guy was real-life wealthy and not just putting on a TV show act. A quick search says he's got a net worth of $220 million. I figured he was just "TV show rich" with single digit million dollars. Nice cars.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      11-07-2019 10:24 AM #4
      there's a line between "collector" and "rich wanker who just buys whatever is most expensive and fashionable" and I don't know which side he falls on.

Personally, I've never seen the appeal of "buy all the hypercars!" but I also don't see $220M sitting in my bank account so hard to say.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

6. Member
      Cars
      Unreliable pregnant guppy, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      11-07-2019 10:57 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      there's a line between "collector" and "rich wanker who just buys whatever is most expensive and fashionable" and I don't know which side he falls on.
      How many Veloster Ns does he have? That's how you judge his cred.

7. Member
      11-07-2019 11:28 AM #6

Personally, I've never seen the appeal of "buy all the hypercars!" but I also don't see $220M sitting in my bank account so hard to say.
      I agree. I think Gordon Ramsay is actually pretty cool as a person and away from his annoying TV persona. But the cars highlighted in the video remind me of the Sheikhs in the UAE. Just buying whatever is most exclusive rather than a collector that is more into cars which are special in their own right (e.g. Jay Leno, Jerry Seinfeld).

Some sharper eyes could probably pick out other cars in his collection which would give a better feel for what kind of enthusiast he is. At the end it doesn't really matter, and good for him for buying the cars and taking them to the track and also sharing the experience with friends. I'd love to do the same thing if I was in his position.

edit: See this link: https://www.hotcars.com/cars-chef-go...wishes-he-had/

Ramsay owns 3 ferrari california Ts so I think that tells us on which end of the spectrum he falls. Still, kudos to him for enjoying his passions.
      Last edited by 300_munkeys; 11-07-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      11-07-2019 11:31 AM #7
      IF he gets paid based on how often his commercials run, he will be buying a whole lot more cars soon. "Use the cocktail stick!"
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      11-07-2019 11:41 AM #8
      Has he not seen them together before, or is this the first time he has had them all at the track at the same time before?

If it's the latter, I can totally identify with him. I've never seen all my cars at the track at the same time before.
      Last edited by @McMike; 11-07-2019 at 11:44 AM.

10. 11-07-2019 11:46 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Has he not seen them together before, or is this the first time he has had them all at the track at the same time before?

If it's the latter, I can totally identify with him. I've never seen all my cars at the track at the same time before.
      I read it as he hasn't seen all his cars in one place, not necessarily only a track day.

11. Member
      Cars
      2000 Subaru Outback & 2017 Subaru Outback
      11-07-2019 12:27 PM #10
      IF he gets paid based on how often his commercials run, he will be buying a whole lot more cars soon. "Use the cocktail stick!"
      I have no shame in the fact that I giggle like an idiot at that commercial.

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      11-07-2019 12:38 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by bnkrpt311 View Post
      I have no shame in the fact that I giggle like an idiot at that commercial.
      I mean the first 3-4 times, sure..

Cars
      2019 VW Atlas SEL R-Line, 2000 911 Carrera, 2005 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro
      11-07-2019 12:57 PM #12
      I think we all would like to think that we'd have an eclectic collection like Jay Leno, if we had F U money, but I'd be lying if I told you I wouldn't have a couple modern hyper cars and super cars in my garage, in addition to some enthusiast specials.

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      11-07-2019 01:18 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by masa8888 View Post
      I think we all would like to think that we'd have an eclectic collection like Jay Leno, if we had F U money, but I'd be lying if I told you I wouldn't have a couple modern hyper cars and super cars in my garage, in addition to some enthusiast specials.
      I go back and forth, I can never decide if I want one modern supercar like a Ferrari 458 Spider, or a bunch of old super cars (80s-90s Ferraris and Porsches and NSXs and such) that I grew up dreaming about. You figure both would cost around the same coin ($300k or so buys your 3-4 old sports cars or a new/newish Ferrari). Getting hypercars never really enters my mind, I guess I'm just too poor to even aspire that high

Cars
      15 GSW, 19 Tiguan SE, 03 20th, 88 Cabby, 64 Yamaha
      11-07-2019 02:05 PM #14
      I go back and forth, I can never decide if I want one modern supercar like a Ferrari 458 Spider, or a bunch of old super cars (80s-90s Ferraris and Porsches and NSXs and such) that I grew up dreaming about. You figure both would cost around the same coin ($300k or so buys your 3-4 old sports cars or a new/newish Ferrari). Getting hypercars never really enters my mind, I guess I'm just too poor to even aspire that high
      I would definitely be in the older super cars camp personally, with something like a nice 911 for day to day driving.

I'd rather spend hypercar money to buy land, have a track put on it, and have a dozen or so Chevy Sparks or the like in all different colors to bring friends out and have fun trading paint.

16. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      11-07-2019 02:07 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by masa8888 View Post
      The great thing about Leno's garage is he has both. IIRC, I read an article last year that said Leno's collection is one of the top 5 most valuable personal collections in the world.

17. 11-07-2019 02:09 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by AdrockMK2 View Post
      I read it as he hasn't seen all his cars in one place, not necessarily only a track day.
      This is also how I read it. I bet some of those cars he literally has sat in one time, probably at purchase. I would assume the hottest high ticket supercar comes out, he buys and sends it to storage. I also had no idea his money was that long either.

Cars
      Fusion Hybrid
      11-07-2019 02:13 PM #17
      I've never seen all my cars together before, and I'm not rich.
      This is only temporary, unless it works. - Red Green

Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      11-07-2019 02:24 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      The great thing about Leno's garage is he has both. IIRC, I read an article last year that said Leno's collection is one of the top 5 most valuable personal collections in the world.
      But Leno doesn't go out and just buy whatever latest hypercar is new. He doesn't, for instance, play the Ferrari games. He does love McLarens and buys those.

20. 11-07-2019 02:35 PM #19
      Damn, that's impressive. The guy must have fkd so many b$tches in his kitchen.

21. Member
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      11-07-2019 02:47 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
      Damn, that's impressive. The guy must have fkd so many b$tches in his kitchen.
      that's you are wrong... he can have many expensive toys because he doesn't fxxk around.... see Jay Leno as another example....
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

22. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      11-07-2019 02:57 PM #21
      But Leno doesn't go out and just buy whatever latest hypercar is new. He doesn't, for instance, play the Ferrari games. He does love McLarens and buys those.
      True, but he does have a new Ford GT, new Lambo, new McLaren and new NSX...so it's not like he's not into new supercars. But I hear ya...and his vintage car and M/C collection is epic.

23. 11-07-2019 03:23 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      that's you are wrong... he can have many expensive toys because he doesn't fxxk around.... see Jay Leno as another example....
      I meant his cooking skills

Blog Entries
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      11-07-2019 08:45 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      It's more like Leno's garageS though, right? The whole idea of needing even 1 warehouse to store cars just seems too stressful. I like cars as much as the next car nut, but I've never wanted to be responsible for so many vehicles. I'd like to think that I'd have a certain max number of cars that I'd own, probably 5, and be rotating through those vehicles until they became keepers or wanted something else. Although I suspect Leno has a deeper philosophy to his approach than just owning a ton of cool cars.

And for people like Ramsey who doesn't strike me as real car nuts (all those modern californias seems to support that assertion), what's the joy in owning all of those cars? Just to say he owns one?

I'd have to spend all that cash on a bunch of things beyond just cars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

25. Moderator Oliver@triplezoom's Avatar
      Cars
      2017 MINI Clubman JCW, 2015 VW GTI Autobahn, 2017 MINI Cooper
      11-07-2019 08:48 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      It's more like Leno's garageS though, right? The whole idea of needing even 1 warehouse to store cars just seems too stressful. I like cars as much as the next car nut, but I've never wanted to be responsible for so many vehicles. I'd like to think that I'd have a certain max number of cars that I'd own, probably 5, and be rotating through those vehicles until they became keepers or wanted something else. Although I suspect Leno has a deeper philosophy to his approach than just owning a ton of cool cars.

And for people like Ramsey who doesn't strike me as real car nuts (all those modern californias seems to support that assertion), what's the joy in owning all of those cars? Just to say he owns one?

I'd have to spend all that cash on a bunch of things beyond just cars.

At that wealth level you hire someone to take care of your collection for you. I doubt it would be stressful aside from picking which new cars you should or shouldn't buy.

And arent the Californias objectively excellent cars? I feel like they get crapped on because Ferrari targeted a different type of buyer.

Blog Entries
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      11-07-2019 09:10 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      At that wealth level you hire someone to take care of your collection for you. I doubt it would be stressful aside from picking which new cars you should or shouldn't buy.

And arent the Californias objectively excellent cars? I feel like they get crapped on because Ferrari targeted a different type of buyer.
      I certainly don't have the mindset of someone with that kind of wealth, but I want no part of someone working full time for me to maintain my cars. Which is why I would never own enough cars to require that level of upkeep. Five cars would be enough to keep things interesting for me, but not require a full-time employee.

If the only way I could get into ferrari ownership is a modern california, that's one thing. If i really liked the styling, that's another thing. But about a half dozen of them? No way. And if you can afford that many californias, you can afford something much nicer from the brand. Personally, if I was going Ferrari, I would go F40 and one of their GT cars. Done, next!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast