Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
      Cars
      North American German crap and German German crap
      12-06-2019 01:33 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Egz View Post
      I was looking at plugshare, but I'm guessing it most likely will be a J-1772 plug. But can a car other than a Tesla use a Tesla charger? I was assuming its unique only to Tesla.
      Didn't mean they would be compatible - just in general, if the market is turning toward putting them in Wawa gas stations, I'm sure other places will be popping up with universal stations (if they haven't already).

I'm pretty sure the rest areas on the turnpike sections in MD and DE have charging stations.
      SS registry owner-emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      12-06-2019 01:39 PM #102
      I was looking at plugshare, but I'm guessing it most likely will be a J-1772 plug. But can a car other than a Tesla use a Tesla charger? I was assuming its unique only to Tesla.
      Fisker likely won't use a Tesla Supercharger plug. You can filter Plugshare and see what CCS/SAE plugs are out there on the route.

I-95's covered well from Miami to Boston. Biggest gap shown is 130mi in Virginia, but it looks like EA just added chargers at a Walmart in Richmond to close that gap. Next up are planned chargers at Seabrook NH and Portland ME,

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger

4. Member
      Cars
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      12-06-2019 02:04 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Fisker likely won't use a Tesla Supercharger plug. You can filter Plugshare and see what CCS/SAE plugs are out there on the route.

I-95's covered well from Miami to Boston. Biggest gap shown is 130mi in Virginia, but it looks like EA just added chargers at a Walmart in Richmond to close that gap. Next up are planned chargers at Seabrook NH and Portland ME,

More like a VW-compatible plug, or an industry standard, but not Tesla. Henrik and Elon have too much history for Fisker to rely on anything Tesla ;-)

5. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      12-06-2019 02:11 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      More like a VW-compatible plug, or an industry standard, but not Tesla. Henrik and Elon have too much history for Fisker to rely on anything Tesla ;-)
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

Cars
      Rabbit TDI, MK4 2.0, 04 GTO
      12-06-2019 03:50 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat!!!! View Post
      Didn't mean they would be compatible - just in general, if the market is turning toward putting them in Wawa gas stations, I'm sure other places will be popping up with universal stations (if they haven't already).

I'm pretty sure the rest areas on the turnpike sections in MD and DE have charging stations.
      Rest area in DE on 95 has a slew of Tesla chargers, the Wawa at the DE/PA state line (next to Total Wine) threw a dozen or so in within the past year.
      IG: @geeofff
      MK1 TDI Swap

Cars
      2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
      12-06-2019 04:20 PM #106
      That's why I guessed a J1772, since that is what they used on the Karma. I guess I'll find out more next month.

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      12-07-2019 12:43 AM #107

They better get on that soon. Need to be able to make the drive from Mass to Bissell Bros in Portland and back.

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Cars
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 19 Bolt, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      12-12-2019 06:59 PM #108

Fisker Ocean will charge seamlessly with Electrify America

Fisker Ocean will charge seamlessly with Electrify America

And in a new teaser, we get our best look yet at the side profile.

The Fisker Ocean is less than a month away from its debut at CES, but like a drizzly rain, the electric car startup has dribbled a little more information.

Fisker on Thursday said the Ocean electric SUV will charge seamlessly with Electrify America. For future owners, Electrify America stations will automatically recognize the Fisker for automatic charging release and payments. If you're not familiar with the EV charging world, that's a big deal, as payment, membership and more can get overwhelming between various companies. Unlike gas pumps, credit cards aren't the norm at charging stations.

With the announcement, Fisker also revealed yet another image that I'm not sure even counts as a teaser anymore. With this photo, we've basically seen the entire SUV. The side profile once again highlights the high-mounted side indicator lights. When charging, they double as a charging status light. A green bar means the Ocean is completely charged, as shown in the photo.

Speaking of charging, all the juice will flow into an 80 kilowatt-hour battery that will provide an estimated 300 miles of range. When plugged into a 350-kilowatt charger, drivers can expect to see 200 miles of range added in 30 minutes.

In addition, the startup also said we'll finally learn more about its open-air experience dubbed "California Mode." This feature, which will be standard on all Ocean SUVs save for the base model, will supposedly let passengers "experience the sun, fresh air and an open feeling without being in a convertible," according to Fisker.

Fisker previously dished out some other important details about the Ocean ahead of its CES debut next month. We know this electric SUV will primarily be available via flexible lease program. No long-term contracts here, and each agreement will come with 30,000 miles. The starting payment will be $379 per month after a $2,999 down payment. Order books opened at the end of November to reserve an Ocean.

We'll get the full scoop on the Fisker Ocean when it's shown in the metal next month. The car will be a fully production-intent prototype on a real platform, the startup underscored. There, we'll finally see its super sustainable interior, too.

10. Member
      Cars
      12-13-2019 12:35 AM #109
      I’m going to have to try the Electrify America charging station near me to see how simple they make it. It seems I have had to try multiple apps lately, and I want something more standardized! Chargepoint was always easy to use, and now I have Greenlots as well, but what I don’t want is to have to have 4-5 different apps on my phone just so I can have multiple charging options when in the road away from home.

11. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      16v I4, Twin Turbo Charged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      12-13-2019 12:56 AM #110
      what I don’t want is to have to have 4-5 different apps on my phone just so I can have multiple charging options when in the road away from home.
      This would definitely annoy the piss out of me. Ideally, I would want to have one app, from the manufacture, which allowed for many different options for charging and car settings within the same app.

I know its possible, someone just needs to do it.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      12-13-2019 11:05 AM #111
      I’m going to have to try the Electrify America charging station near me to see how simple they make it. It seems I have had to try multiple apps lately, and I want something more standardized! Chargepoint was always easy to use, and now I have Greenlots as well, but what I don’t want is to have to have 4-5 different apps on my phone just so I can have multiple charging options when in the road away from home.
      The few times I've charged away from home it's been at a Blink station and I have one of their RFid cards to make it a little easier. They just need to have a regular credit card reader (I think some in CO do this) like a gas pump. If you go to that companies charger a lot then maybe get their app/card to make it easier and possibly cheaper.

I still need to try out the EA chargers. I think this summer I'm going to try a mini road trip in my 85 mile eGolf to Hood River where there is an EA charger there. 65 miles on nearly all freeway should make for an interesting drive with 85 miles of range.

Cars
      12-19-2019 04:20 PM #112
      California Mode (aka, all 8 windows open):

Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      12-19-2019 05:29 PM #113
      California Mode (aka, all 8 windows open):
      Umm, wow!

Not enough cars do this (rear glass, the useful part), and I can't think of any that do the quarter/"opera" windows.

15. Member
      Cars
      12-20-2019 02:29 AM #114
      Umm, wow!

Not enough cars do this (rear glass, the useful part), and I can't think of any that do the quarter/"opera" windows.
      Agree! So many fat pillars and blind spots these days. I like the idea of opening up everything they possibly can on this one!

Cars
      90 VW Corrado, 02 Audi allroad, 03 VW GTI 20TH, 96 BMW 318ti, 17 JKU, 16 eGolf
      12-20-2019 11:09 AM #115
      Umm, wow!

Also agree! It's refreshing to be able to see all around you since so many modern cars have very poor outward visibility. Looks great!

Cars
      12-20-2019 12:24 PM #116
      Better picture than my screenshot on a cell phone.

https://www.motor1.com/news/389023/f...ode-explained/

Cars
      06 4Runner
      12-20-2019 12:42 PM #117
      Umm, wow!

Agreed. I think it's a big selling point for Toyota SUVs. Strange that other manufacturers are not taking advantage of such a popular feature.

Cars
      2016 A6 2.0T Quattro
      12-20-2019 01:42 PM #118
      These renders are VigZX quality.

Cars
      Rabbit TDI, MK4 2.0, 04 GTO
      12-20-2019 02:05 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post
      These renders are VigZX quality.
      I wouldn't go that far. I just think they should change their reflections map out to something a little more realistic
      IG: @geeofff
      MK1 TDI Swap

21. Member
      Cars
      12-20-2019 05:45 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by IdontOwnAVW View Post
      I wouldn't go that far. I just think they should change their reflections map out to something a little more realistic
      Don’t worry, the real car will be unveiled at CES in just a couple weeks, so you’ll get all the realistic photos you need! I’ll snap a few myself and share them here.

22. 12-21-2019 12:26 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Interesting. That fits my needs almost ideally. Has me thinking hard...

Also, vegan this vegan that
      Guessing the leather seat option is gonna come out later?

Already have rodents eating the soy based insulation off of wiring harness'.

(soy seat materials have been out for long time now with no reported problems.)

Should do well if everyone else doesnt get there first. Its an fast evolving market.

23. Member
      Cars
      12-21-2019 01:19 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by SoTxBill View Post

Should do well if everyone else doesnt get there first. Its an fast evolving market.
      While I understand your statement, I guess I’d ask get “where” first? Sure, there are lots of EVs coming. But Nobody else seems to be talking about this type of subscription business model: an easy and flexible lease with high mileage, all costs included, and the ability to give the car back at varying lengths of time. That makes it very low risk for the consumer and allows people to take the leap with a new company. None of the established players will go there because they have legacy costs and infrastructure that has to be used and paid for (Volvo is now offering a “subscription” style like this, with maintenance and insurance, but not on an EV and at prices starting at $750 a month)
      Last edited by Dave_Car_Guy; 12-21-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Cars
      12-21-2019 01:17 PM #123
      Don’t worry, the real car will be unveiled at CES in just a couple weeks, so you’ll get all the realistic photos you need! I’ll snap a few myself and share them here.
      Thanks, look forward to them.

Regarding the vegan interior, how many vegans does it take to cover the entire interior?

Cars
      01-03-2020 01:14 PM #124
      Looks like they are going to do a me-too with large screens in the middle, based on this "mockup"

26. Member
      Cars
      01-03-2020 01:40 PM #125
      Looks like they are going to do a me-too with large screens in the middle, based on this "mockup"
      Not sure I'd call that "me-too". It's not like every EV manufacturer isn't going to larger screens.

And Fisker has always liked cool screens...the Fisker Karma came out the year before the first Tesla Model S. I took delivery of mine in December 2011 and it already had a pretty meaningful center screen. That was 8 years ago, so I think all EV guys like screens!

Also, look at VW's ID.3 version as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast