Fourtitude.com - Fisker's affordable all-electric SUV is called 'Ocean'
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
      Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Twin TurboCharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      01-09-2020 02:36 PM #176
      Dave, I love that jacket.

That is all
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 01-09-2020 03:42 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      Car looks fantastic. Feels great inside. It’s going to surprise a lot of people.

4. Member
      Cars
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      01-09-2020 05:29 PM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Dave, I love that jacket.
      That is all
      I like it, too! My wife dresses me. Which is why it's Ralph Lauren, not Ralph Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by texghost View Post
      State of the art VaporWare package comes as standard
      The company has been saying that every component and nut and bolt has been sourced and is production ready, this is a production-ready car. According to the Company, suppliers have been established and will be disclosed over the next couple of months. Financing is probably a bigger question than product, in my opinion. The lease program is also well established and partners for that will eventually be disclosed.

BTW, the Fisker Ocean received a few awards at CES this year (out of 4500 company exhibitors!)

Time Magazine’s ‘BEST OF CES 2020’
      Mashable’s Top Picks of CES
      Sunset Publication’s Smarter award.
      Last edited by Dave_Car_Guy; 01-09-2020 at 08:31 PM.

5. Member
      Cars
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      01-14-2020 02:15 PM #179
      Forbes did a nice little article on the Ocean after the CES show:

The Optimist: Designer Henrik Fisker is Back with a Stylish Electric SUV

"A decade ago, before Tesla released its game-changing Model S sedan that helped make Elon Musk a billionaire, famed car designer Henrik Fisker was poised to grab an early lead in the nascent electric vehicle market.

He had deep industry ties, VC funding, a $528 million low-cost federal loan and a stunning plug-in hybrid concept. But it wasn’t to be. A string of setbacks, including faulty battery packs, technical glitches and a hurricane that trashed a shipment of Fisker Automotive’s $103,000 Karma luxury cars, sent the company into a tailspin and bankruptcy in 2013.

Fast-forward and Fisker is dead set on a comeback in the 2020s. His new Los Angeles-based Fisker Inc. has a stylish, surprisingly affordable battery-powered crossover that is set to go into production late next year and aggressive sales plans that rely heavily on a lease-based business model. "

6. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      01-14-2020 02:24 PM #180
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      Forbes did a nice little article on the Ocean after the CES show:

The Optimist: Designer Henrik Fisker is Back with a Stylish Electric SUV

"A decade ago, before Tesla released its game-changing Model S sedan that helped make Elon Musk a billionaire, famed car designer Henrik Fisker was poised to grab an early lead in the nascent electric vehicle market.

He had deep industry ties, VC funding, a $528 million low-cost federal loan and a stunning plug-in hybrid concept. But it wasn’t to be. A string of setbacks, including faulty battery packs, technical glitches and a hurricane that trashed a shipment of Fisker Automotive’s $103,000 Karma luxury cars, sent the company into a tailspin and bankruptcy in 2013.

Fast-forward and Fisker is dead set on a comeback in the 2020s. His new Los Angeles-based Fisker Inc. has a stylish, surprisingly affordable battery-powered crossover that is set to go into production late next year and aggressive sales plans that rely heavily on a lease-based business model. "
      I'm looking forward to March.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
      Go to hell, Cabin Richguy.

7. Member Unilateral Phase Detractor's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 Mazda CX-5  2013 Ford Focus Electric
      01-14-2020 04:32 PM #181
      “Having done it once before, the big lesson learned is that it is extremely difficult to try to do everything yourself. The car industry has evolved over 100 years and you can't underestimate what it takes to not only make a car but also get it into production, distribute it and then keep the cash flow going and earning enough money to make the next models. All that is part of our business plan,” he says.

“There is only one way, in my view, you can get this to work: You must have some really, really big partners. And we do have that, and not just on the investment side.”
      It's good they are clear headed about the challenges of doing this. I felt like Musk's cavalier attitude to mass production and wishful thinking that the alien dreadnought would somehow make everything easy was a huge contributor to the Model 3's painful launch.

Cars
      2006 Ford Fusion 2.3 Turbo, 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
      01-18-2020 05:36 PM #182
      New data

https://www.prnewswire.com/in/news-r...882913353.html

• Dramatic Dimensions: At 4,640 millimeters (182.7 inches) in length, 1,930 millimeters (76 inches) in width and 1,615 millimeters (63.6 inches) in height, the all-electric luxury SUV offers a spacious environment for both front and rear passengers. With thoughtful design touches, new spaces are created for five adults to sit comfortably – even during the longest of rides.
      • Functional Utility: With 566 liters (20 cubic feet) of trunk space, the vehicle presents practicality and utility. The space increases to 708 liters (25 cubic feet) with the parcel shelf removed, expanding to 1,274 liters (45 cubic feet) with the rear seats folded. The Fisker Ocean will come with roof rails and towing hook options. Towing capacity will be released in 2021.
      • Stunning Wheels: The base model will feature stylishly designed 20-inch wheels, with 22-inch wheel options for an even larger presence on and off the road.
      • All-Terrain Driving and Power: The Fisker Ocean will be offered in a four-wheel drive configuration on all trims except for the base model – reflecting the vehicle's off-road capabilities. The standard four-wheel drive configuration will deliver an output of more than 225 kilowatts (more than 300 horsepower), with an ultra-high performance version targeting zero-to-60 mph in less than three seconds (total power output to be announced in 2021).
      • Charging and Range: The Fisker Ocean features a CCS Type 2 Combo plug – enabling the vehicle to be charged through any stations that leverage technology in line with the latest in international standards.
        • In North America, Fisker Ocean vehicles will be automatically recognized by Electrify America's charging stations – allowing for simple charging, automatic release and automatic payments.
          • Fisker will offer a free miles package with each vehicle, allowing for a certain amount of complimentary charging. Additional details on charging packages will be shared later in 2020.
        • The vehicle is equipped with a fully sourced, validated and tested state-of-the-art battery – with +80 kWh capacity and a range of up to 300 miles (depending on driving conditions).
        • More than 200 miles of range can be delivered from 30 minutes of charging for the Fisker Ocean (15% capacity to 80% capacity). Electrify America's 150 kW chargers can charge capable vehicles up to 20 miles per minute.

Cars
      2016 A6 2.0T Quattro
      Yesterday 11:08 AM #183
      “The standard four-wheel drive configuration will deliver an output of more than 225 kilowatts (more than 300 horsepower), with an ultra-high performance version targeting zero-to-60 mph in less than three seconds (total power output to be announced in 2021).”

That’s definitely not ID.3 power lol.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678