Fourtitude.com - Anyone install a remote start
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      Audi A3 3.2 quattro sLine 2008, Lava Gray
      11-01-2019 09:09 AM #1
      Looking at remote start options for my VR6.
      __________________________________________________ _______________
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.
      Robert Farago, The Truth About Cars

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 11-01-2019 10:59 AM #2
      I’m interested in this.

Seems like it would be a good add-on for my 2010 A3 (8P).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      11-01-2019 02:23 PM #3
      I have not, but others have discussed it here in the past. From what I recall, the Immobilizer is the crux - you either have to disable it or leave a key in the car near enough to the lock cylinder that it can pick up the Immobilizer signal from the key fob.

Cars
      11-01-2019 06:45 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
      I have not, but others have discussed it here in the past. From what I recall, the Immobilizer is the crux - you either have to disable it or leave a key in the car near enough to the lock cylinder that it can pick up the Immobilizer signal from the key fob.
      I'm looking at this. Haven't found an 8P with it installed but an 8V guy said he had it installed without sacrificing a key. I'm going to see if I can find out if an MK6 or MK7 golf was able to install.

https://www.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/764

The data sheet says no key required for installation, just for programming.
      Last edited by ceese; 11-01-2019 at 06:48 PM.
      Anyone who looks at the Audi A3 3.2 DSG and sees an overpriced economy car should not be allowed to play with Rottweiler puppies.

6. Member
      Cars
      2008.5 A3 2.0T FWD (RIP), 2013 A3 2.0T quattro
      11-03-2019 11:34 AM #5
      Remote starters are pretty 90s but yeah iDataLink has developed their bypass module called KLON which doesn't require any keys to be used.

Even on the older-type bypasses that require a key you don't exactly leave the key near to the ignition cylinder, you leave it in a hidden away box which has a wire that loops around the ignition switch, serving as a "transmission" medium to get the signal to the cylinder.

I think the CMVWXA0 already includes the no-key bypass functionality but I'm not sure--all their models of product are pretty confusing as they have a lot of overlap in what different things do.

7. 11-04-2019 09:16 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by ceese View Post
      I'm looking at this. Haven't found an 8P with it installed but an 8V guy said he had it installed without sacrificing a key. I'm going to see if I can find out if an MK6 or MK7 golf was able to install.

https://www.idatalink.com/product/product/product_id/764

The data sheet says no key required for installation, just for programming.
      I have this on my car. What do you need to know?

8. Member
      Cars
      2011 Audi A3 Quattro S-Line CCTA DSG
      11-04-2019 11:15 PM #7
      I have Viper remote start and have module to use my phone to start the car because I don't want another remote attached to our anchor. I have been very disappointed with Viper on this car. Had Viper on my Nissan a few years back and it was great. They've updated their hardware and software and I think it sucks now.
      HPA K04/Intake Manifold/tune, HPA DSG tune, PTP turbo blanket, APR Downpipe, Carbonio Intake, Red Top coils, BKR8EIX plugs, 034 Swaybar and rear subframe mounts, RS3 Grille, Aspherical mirrors, 2008 R32 front brake calipers, StopTech slotted rotors and steal brake lines, US Mill Works license plate bracket, Clearmounts phone holder.

Cars
      11-05-2019 09:43 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Audi'sRevenge View Post
      Remote starters are pretty 90s.
      Not if you live in a city with a winter climate like Chicago.

Cars
      11-05-2019 09:44 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay24V View Post
      I have this on my car. What do you need to know?
      You happy with it? Do the install yourself? How long did it take?

Cars
      ...stopped keeping track
      11-06-2019 06:06 PM #10
      Curious about iDataStart stuff for my 07 myself
      Quote Originally Posted by skin1488760
      i am a ****ing racist!

SCAMMER skin1488760 Christopher Heiser Escondido Ca951-756-5977 .https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...4-looks-SO-CALhttps://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...e-intake-socal

12. 11-07-2019 07:29 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by ceese View Post
      You happy with it? Do the install yourself? How long did it take?
      I'm happy with it. Espesially the cell phone upgrade. I originally had it on my MK6 GTI and it worked great there and then it was moved to the A3. Just started using it in that car. I didn't do the install myself in the A3 but I did remove it from the GTI so I saw what was involved. The T harness makes installation pretty quick. Should take about 2 hours. On the A3 I added the internal temp sensor which is really cheap and it a nice feature for very little. Lots of remote options. The basic 2 way is really nice with the start confirmation.

I'd reccomend getting some kind of remote though. The A3's factory remotes don't work when the car is running and the phone app is a bit laggy so the other remote is nice to have to unlock the doors quickly when the car is running. On the A3 I also have the GPS location antenna so I can see the cars location at all times in the app.

Cars
      03 Golf TDI, 2010 A3 TDI, E30 M3
      11-17-2019 10:59 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay24V View Post
      I'm happy with it. Espesially the cell phone upgrade. I originally had it on my MK6 GTI and it worked great there and then it was moved to the A3. Just started using it in that car. I didn't do the install myself in the A3 but I did remove it from the GTI so I saw what was involved. The T harness makes installation pretty quick. Should take about 2 hours. On the A3 I added the internal temp sensor which is really cheap and it a nice feature for very little. Lots of remote options. The basic 2 way is really nice with the start confirmation.

I'd reccomend getting some kind of remote though. The A3's factory remotes don't work when the car is running and the phone app is a bit laggy so the other remote is nice to have to unlock the doors quickly when the car is running. On the A3 I also have the GPS location antenna so I can see the cars location at all times in the app.
      I'm guessing it's best to buy/get it installed by an authorized dealer? How much did it run all in?

14. 11-18-2019 06:32 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by R32Jetta View Post
      I'm guessing it's best to buy/get it installed by an authorized dealer? How much did it run all in?
      $550 Canadian. I'm pretty comfortable doing this kind of thing myself and I still had it done.