Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
      Cars
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      10-22-2019 09:56 PM #1

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. held the world premiere of the all-new Honda Fit at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show.

Without compromising the spacious cabin and excellent usability that has been a hallmark of each successive generation of Honda Fit, this 4th-generation all-new Fit was developed with the intention of becoming the globally-accepted standard for compact cars suited to this new era.

As a new concept in automobile development, the development team pursued an "emotional value" which cannot be expressed numerically and embodied four dimensions of comfort that enable this vehicle to be better able to support the daily lives of customers. Moreover, the all-new Honda Fit will come in five different types so that customers can select the model that is right for them depending on their lifestyle and life stage.

The hybrid version of the all-new Fit will be the first Honda compact car equipped with the 2-motor hybrid system Honda developed to realize both excellent environmental performance and a comfortable driving experience at the same time, and will be introduced to the market as a part of Honda's e:HEV models.

Comfortable view

The all-new Honda Fit features a front pillar with a cross-sectional structure that is different from previous generations of Fit and yet realizes a structure which enables impact energy to flow to the vehicle body in the event of a collision. While ensuring collision safety performance without compromise, this newly-designed front pillar realizes overwhelmingly wide and superior frontal visibility compared to that of previous Fit models.

Moreover, the instrument panel features a flat-topped design which emphasizes horizontal and straight lines, and windshield wipers are positioned to be barely visible from inside the cabin, which also enhances a comfortable view while driving.

Seating comfort

As for the front seats, the all-new Honda Fit will be the first Honda model to feature a new-generation body stabilizing seat that Honda developed while envisioning application for its high-class sedan models. The planar support structure of the seat stabilizes the body and makes long driving less tiring and enables the user to enjoy the soft feeling of the seat.

The rear seats of the all-new Fit continue to feature seat arrangements as versatile as that of the previous generation Fit and realize seat comfort equivalent to high-class sedan models by adopting a larger and thicker seat pad which offers stress-free seating even for adult passengers.

Ride comfort

Equipped with Honda's new, more compact 2-motor hybrid system, the all-new Honda Fit will drive smoothly by an electric motor for virtually all situations of everyday driving and realize outstanding environmental performance as well as excellent ride comfort with powerful acceleration and comfortable driving.

Usability

While maintaining the spacious cabin from previous generations of Fit, the all-new Fit features enhanced usability which supports people's mobility, including a stress-free layout of storage areas that ensure comfort for all occupants during everyday driving as well as over long-distances.

Five types of the all-new Honda Fit providing unique individual characteristics

BASIC - The basic type of the all-new Fit offers both high-quality design and occupant comfort. This type will feature a simple and endearing design including a front face design with a gentle look and seamless and flowing exterior form.

HOME - This type strives to realize a relaxing and carefully-designed space with high visual and tactile quality by coordinating colors and materials, including natural-looking fabric seats made with high-quality materials, a genuine leather-wrapped steering wheel and Prime Smooth™ soft padding.

NESS - This type features exciting color coordination and adopts water-repellent materials for the seat surfaces and soft padding on the instrument panel. It is a sporty and fashionable type which will enable customers to enjoy driving just like they enjoy fitness and sports.

CROSSTAR - This type features an exterior design developed exclusively for the CROSSTAR as well as 16-inch aluminum wheels, which look good both in city and outdoor environment. As for the interior, water-repellent materials are used for seat surfaces and soft padding on the instrument panel. This type projects an enhanced image of compact and yet tough vehicle.

LUXE - Striving to create a space where people can spend elegant and comfortable time, standard genuine leather seats were designed as an exclusive feature for this type while pursuing excellence in visual and tactile quality. For the exterior, platinum-style chrome plating and 16-inch aluminum wheels were adopted to increase the high quality feel.

Further advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies

A front wide view camera which covers a wide area in front of the vehicle will be newly added to the Honda SENSING® advanced safety and driver-assistive system installed to the all-new Honda Fit. By combining the front wide view camera and eight sonar sensors mounted in the front and back of the vehicle, the all-new Fit features further enhanced existing Honda SENSING functions as well as the new short-distance collision mitigation braking system. The Honda SENSING is available as standard equipment on all types of the all-new Fit.
      https://www.netcarshow.com/honda/2020-fit/

"Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
      10-22-2019 10:00 PM #2
      First past the post!

Now that that's out of the way, I like how the design is getting more and more cute as we go. The first gen actually looked cool.

I love that they still sell these, though.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

4. Member
      Cars
      small car that does it all, incredibly reliable too
      10-22-2019 10:05 PM #3
      Looks like they axed a lot of the cheap plastic found in 1st generation Fit dashboards that belongs in a Chevette.

Adding more comfortable seats is needed. They were real torture thrones.

Hopefully Honda still offers a manual transmission.

5. Goes in two directions RAVatar's Avatar
      Cars
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      10-22-2019 10:21 PM #4
      That just...no.

That's bad.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

Cars
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      10-22-2019 10:24 PM #5
      As a new concept in automobile development, the development team pursued an "emotional value" which cannot be expressed numerically and embodied four dimensions of comfort that enable this vehicle to be better able to support the daily lives of customers.
      Allow me to express how ugly this is.

Cars
      2014 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2011 Toyota Camry LE, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 (work)
      10-22-2019 10:26 PM #6
      Looks like it has fantastic visibility. I like the 2 tone seats as well. The rest is . . . ok.
      Past: 1998 Accord V6 LX
      2007 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 2-24-11)
      2009 Mazdaspeed 3 (KIA 9-19-11)
      2003 Jetta GLS 2.slow (good riddance)
      2010 VW GTI

Cars
      BRZ
      10-22-2019 10:30 PM #7
      Between the front and rear door is the B pillar. Behind that, the C pillar is at the back of the rear door and behind that, the D pillar is at the rear of the car.

At the front of the front door, in black on this vehicle, is the A pillar.

So then what do you call the body-colored pillar at the windshield? The α ("alpha") pillar?

Or, is the windshield always where the A pillar is, meaning this car is a hatchback with an E pillar?

Also...a tacked on touch screen with a blockoff plate? Ouch

Cars
      14 focus st
      10-22-2019 10:32 PM #8
      What the christ?

10. Goes in two directions RAVatar's Avatar
      Cars
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      10-22-2019 10:45 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
      Between the front and rear door is the B pillar. Behind that, the C pillar is at the back of the rear door and behind that, the D pillar is at the rear of the car.

So then what do you call the body-colored pillar at the windshield? The α ("alpha") pillar?

Or, is the windshield always where the A pillar is, meaning this car is a hatchback with an E pillar?

Wow, I didn't even catch that the first time. So it's got some Fiat 500L going on with the double split A pillar. I would assume they just call that whole thing the A pillar, regardless of 75% of it being glass.

I reiterate...woof.
      Off Topikstan CSB Thread, First Responder (c) 2013
      IG - the_cama_lens
      OG:SAV912
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist
      The forks I grew up eating with only had 3 prongs. This is probably why I'm so miserable and angry all the time.

Cars
      Hot hatchback coupé heaven
      10-22-2019 10:46 PM #10
      Meh. Ugly.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a Citroën.™

Cars
      2013 Infiniti G37x Coupe
      10-22-2019 10:49 PM #11
      It looks over-inflated and the dashboard appears to be misaligned with the center console.
      Nirvana.

13. 10-22-2019 10:52 PM #12
      ...So then what do you call the body-colored pillar at the windshield? The α ("alpha") pillar?

Not a clue, but I'm going with this.

Not feeling it. They'll sell a sh¡tload of them, because Honda, but even if I was in the market for a small econobox-type cargo/people carrier... No.

The seats look great, though...

14. 10-22-2019 10:59 PM #13
      Was hoping one of the 5 trims was Si

15. Member
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      10-22-2019 11:33 PM #14
      New Honda design...

New Mazda Yaris > New Fit

while euro/asia get this Yaris
      Last edited by Avus; 10-22-2019 at 11:47 PM.
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      10-22-2019 11:58 PM #15
      Yeah, I like the new Yaris better than this, though this is definitely immediately recongizable as a Honda. The new Yaris even has a double wishbone rear end on the hybrid (and you know the eventual GR trim).

I bet it will have a different fascia on the US model - but hopefully no fake vents like the Civic.
      Last edited by adrew; 10-23-2019 at 12:00 AM.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Cars
      Five two-seat roadsters, a hatchback, and a big ass pickup truck
      10-23-2019 12:05 AM #16

Welcome back, different-color roof sail panels. We've missed you.

Parsimonious Racing - autocrossing Miatas in the Washington DC area and beyond

10-23-2019 12:17 AM #17
      There's always been different bumpers for the USA editions which give it a more finished look in my opinion. With the Fit getting the Honda family smashed nose look below the hood, I suspect this will look a bit better with US-spec bumpers. I also doubt the two-tone look will make it to the US and guarantee the blank-plate infotainment is not coming to the US. The US market basically only gets the middle trim levels and up compared to Japan and other parts of the world which get the Fit with smaller engines and less equipment in their base models.

Overall - meh. I'll reserve final judgement for when we get the US specs.

Cars
      2007 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring, 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT
      10-23-2019 12:49 AM #18
      In Japan, the Fit/Jazz is more of a mini-MPV than a regular subcompact hatchback. It's just that the distinction between those classes is hard to see, especially in the US where mini-MPVs don't exist.
      You think you hate it now, but wait 'til you drive it.

Cars
      15 Rav4
      10-23-2019 02:29 AM #19
      The proportions on the JDM models make them look cute.
      Add another 4 inches of ungainliness to the front end, and you'll get the oddball US model.

American Honda is still showing the 2019 on their website - is the US getting the next-gen Fit for 2020?
      Epstein is alive.

21. Member
      Cars
      Boring silver appliance w/rear disc brakes & TuRD Japan shift knob
      10-23-2019 02:39 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      The proportions on the JDM models make them look cute.
      Because kawaii and Hello Kitty? Even then I think this demographic in Japan probably doesn't even want to drive.

22. Member
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      10-23-2019 02:46 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Yo Teach View Post
      In Japan, the Fit/Jazz is more of a mini-MPV than a regular subcompact hatchback. It's just that the distinction between those classes is hard to see, especially in the US where mini-MPVs don't exist.
      Not really. Freed is the Honda mini-MPV in Japan
      https://www.honda.co.jp/FREED/

It compete with Toyota Sienta
      https://toyota.jp/sienta/
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Cars
      2018 911 T
      10-23-2019 07:18 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by antilock View Post

Adding more comfortable seats is needed. They were real torture thrones.

Hopefully Honda still offers a manual transmission.
      YES!!!! The seats of the current Fit & Civic are why I had to pass on them as a new car to teach my kids stick. I have a year before I need to buy, so if they offer this with a manual it’ll definitely be at the top of my list for consideration!

Cars
      2 Manuel Turbo Wagons... One is incredibly slow.
      10-23-2019 07:34 AM #23
      At my age, I'd feel odd driving one, but:

- Stick?
      - Lower Highway RPMS than older models?
      - N/A last forever engine?

...all I care about.
      I keep up with traffic with only 90 hp. What's your superpower?
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI, 200k - 2007 Fuji Heavy Industries WRB WRX Wagon, 115k
      Past: 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6 - 1985 Golf 1.8L - No Trim Level Edition

Grammatical and spelling errors may be intentional

25. 10-23-2019 07:34 AM #24

Oh lawd, dem eyes, they follow me every which way I turn. It ain't natural I tell ya.

Cars
      '16 Golf TSI SE; un Altima llamado Manuel
      10-23-2019 07:54 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      At my age, I'd feel odd driving one, but:

- Stick?
      - Lower Highway RPMS than older models?
      - N/A last forever engine?

...all I care about.
      didn't see any mention of gearbox, but it looked like a japanese press release, down to the strange trim levels which i doubt they'll confuse us with, but who knows. maybe we'll get the (loch)ness model with the manuel, or the home model. hopefully not just the basic model... hopefully they keep the manual, since the 2015 fit EX manuel i test drove was fun to drive, and i wouldn't want the CVT with that little engine. the manual i drove (6 speed) also didn't seem to be stuck at super high revs in 6th gear, but i didn't take it on a real highway (drove maybe 60 mph tops). felt like the engine was bigger than a 1.5 litre n/a engine, even with 3 people in the car. car also felt much bigger than it was on the inside.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast