Fourtitude.com - Ignitron and DSG
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 10-12-2019 07:17 PM #1
      Is anyone using Ignitron to control DSG here?

From what I understand it has been ‘under development’ but thought maybe it has been released, and someone here is using it?

http://www.ignitronecu.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '77 Rabbit 16v DSG, '01 BMW 325i, '98 Audi A4 2.8
      10-12-2019 09:17 PM #2
      I have not heard of that company, but there are a few ECU's out there that offer DSG support at a very reasonable price tag.

EMU Black will do DSG and drive by wire with their ECU and its just a tad over $1000. The DSG needs a couple external inputs aside from CAN, so as long as you accomodate those as well, any ECU with CAN can be made to work with the DSG.

4. 10-12-2019 11:17 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by VWRally View Post
      I have not heard of that company, but there are a few ECU's out there that offer DSG support at a very reasonable price tag.

EMU Black will do DSG and drive by wire with their ECU and its just a tad over $1000. The DSG needs a couple external inputs aside from CAN, so as long as you accomodate those as well, any ECU with CAN can be made to work with the DSG.
      Where could I find information on which CAN messages/signals it needs?

I’m kicking around the idea of replacing the 02m in my 337 with a DSG FWIW.

Thanks for the reply!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 10-13-2019 08:41 PM #4
      So at the same time I created this post, someone about an hour and a half down the road from me posts all the answers here. Odd...

https://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdis...9353965?page=1

Worth a read!

Cars
      '77 Rabbit 16v DSG, '01 BMW 325i, '98 Audi A4 2.8
      11-03-2019 12:33 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by brunjc2 View Post
      Where could I find information on which CAN messages/signals it needs?

I’m kicking around the idea of replacing the 02m in my 337 with a DSG FWIW.

Thanks for the reply!
      You will likely not find a super detailed answer on this, as the CAN decoding and programming is where all the work is involved to make the setup work. Its things like rpm, throttle position, engine load etc.

The ECU manufacturers that support the DSG will not share this info, but if you use their ECU will aid in getting everything setup to work. It may be wise to look into a different ECU instead of try and make one that does not work talk to the TCU. Unless you know CAN sniffing and programming very well, its quite the task!