VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Brakes "Slipping" For a Second

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nobbyv 
#1 · (Edited)
Have a 2011 Suzuki Equator (Nissan Frontier) 4WD w/ ~72k miles. A few weeks ago, there was a big-ass Tom turkey in the middle of a 45MPH zone as I came over the crest of a hill, so I got hard on the brakes to miss him. Felt like ABS engaged. Since then, I get a weird feeling under moderate to hard braking through the brake pedal. It feels like the brakes are grabbing and then "slipping". The "slipping" only lasts for maybe half a second, though sometimes it will happen 2-3x during the course of braking from 75MPH to 25MPH for a highway off-ramp, for example. I had replaced all four rotors/pads and did a fluid bleed just before this happened, so those are all virtually new. I pulled the front wheels off today, thinking possibly a rotor hat broke off the disc or something, but visually the rotors and pads both look fine.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for things to check? Possible I damaged an ABS sensor?

#3 ·
Don't recall the name; got them from Rock Auto. They worked fine for several weeks right up until the "hard braking" incident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.