Fourtitude.com - gt2871r turbo setup
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 09-21-2019 01:44 AM #1
      have a 1.8t and I am upgrading to at gt2871r. I am looking at what I have to do for the internals.. from my research I found I need Connecting rods, Head gasket kit, ARP head bolts, Piston rings... so its doesn't seem like it will be that bad... do I need to upgrade pistons as well and or anything else. does the head need to be ported and polished before the new hardware goes on or can the new hardware just be installed.. any help would be great thankx

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      97 jetta/91GTI
      10-02-2019 08:24 PM #2
      You don’t “need” to upgrade internals necessarily. Just a good tune + injectors + turbo + high flowing exhaust will get you what your looking for. 1.8t internals can support up to 400hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars
      Danger Ranger
      10-03-2019 09:54 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by khoyt954 View Post
      have a 1.8t and I am upgrading to at gt2871r. I am looking at what I have to do for the internals.. from my research I found I need Connecting rods, Head gasket kit, ARP head bolts, Piston rings... so its doesn't seem like it will be that bad... do I need to upgrade pistons as well and or anything else. does the head need to be ported and polished before the new hardware goes on or can the new hardware just be installed.. any help would be great thankx
      pistons are not a requirement, people make 600hp+ on OEM pistons, rods are a safe/cheap insurance policy

have you purchased a turbo and manifold yet? I have an APR cast inconel exhaust manifold along with a gt2871r from their stg 3+ kit if you are interested...also have the intake manifold, willing to sell as a package for less than you'll pay for a new gtx2871r

PM for more details