Fourtitude.com - Kia sheds its cheap image as Telluride sales soar with high transaction price...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    1. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      09-26-2019 04:38 PM #176
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonk2Hossa View Post
      Damn, that's pretty cool. There has to be some really neat architecture in your building.
      Originial yellow Chicago brick

Untitled by smooremin, on Flickr

And really ****ty insulation
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-26-2019 04:40 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      My building was built in 1864

Which, if you know your Chicago history, predates the fire.
      can you still smell the burnt flesh of the homeless that burned in the fire? JAS might want to come up for a snack.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

4. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      09-26-2019 04:42 PM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      can you still smell the burnt flesh of the homeless that burned in the fire?
      Only when the wind comes out of the south, southwest.
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.

5. Member
      Cars
      2018 Outback 3.6R
      09-26-2019 04:48 PM #179

Love it! And yes I have to imagine the insulation with pure brick is not going to be great. I will be in Chicago in a couple weeks to hang out with my good friend so that will be a fun time. Pretty quick drive too!

6. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      09-26-2019 04:49 PM #180
      Love it! And yes I have to imagine the insulation with pure brick is not going to be great. I will be in Chicago in a couple weeks to hang out with my good friend so that will be a fun time. Pretty quick drive too!
      If you enjoy whiskey, PM me, we can share some and you can look at my bricks

7. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      09-26-2019 04:52 PM #181
      is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Bonk... be careful.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"

8. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      09-26-2019 04:52 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Bonk... be careful.
      Youre just jealous that I had to ship them to you, rather than you getting to be able to share them with me.

And look at my bricks.

9. Senior Member
      In a minivan by the river with a squirrel and rat
      Cars
      grey ghost wagon
      09-26-2019 06:01 PM #183
      Please don't bully or be a predator here. Thanks.
      MOEW: ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ Zomg Zombies ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(×̯×)۶ ¯\(°_o)/¯

Cars
      Miata RF, JKU, Cabriolet
      09-26-2019 06:57 PM #184

[img]bad baseball[/img]

I used to have an exposed brick apartment when I lived in Bucktown. Moved in the month of July, thought it was so cool.

Then winter hit, and paid through the @$$ to keep the damn place at 60F.

11. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      09-26-2019 07:00 PM #185
      Youre just jealous that I had to ship them to you, rather than you getting to be able to share them with me.

And look at my bricks.
      lol.

but honestly, because it's the internet:

are your bricks real?

12. 09-26-2019 07:57 PM #186
      Which, if you know your Chicago history, predates the fire.
      Damn that cow!!!
      Dempsey Bowling
      Sales Consultant at Doug Smith Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/used
      My fleet: 91 Miata (5.0L swap project), 98 Wrangler Sport, 01 Suburban 2500 8.1L, 80 Grand Prix LJ 454, 86 GLHS #75, 13 Leaf SV

13. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6, 2006 CR-V
      09-26-2019 08:12 PM #187
      This thread is missing crubs and fents.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

14. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      09-27-2019 01:15 PM #188
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      This is our last house. It’s an old house, built in the late 1970’s.

With Yukon and 4Runner parked in the garage we had plenty of space in front of and behind both vehicles. This isn’t a large garage, I’d say it’s quite average.

There was definitely enough room to fit a Suburban in there if we wanted.
      Larger than average compared to newer construction. Our 1977-built house could house a 1966 long-bed pickup in it with ~4' in front. My garage now? 19' 6" deep, 19' 3" wide. At least it's 10' 3" tall inside.

Everyone is saying "my old house built in 1970" and here I am with a house built in 1910.
      My house is almost 100 years newer; 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      This thread is missing crubs and fents.
      Seriously? Have you missed your optometrist appointment? Look carefully...
      So where are you when your garage is heated and cooled with the outside world?
      Untitled by smooremin, on Flickr

15. 03-02-2020 11:52 PM #189
      https://www.motortrend.com/cars/kia/...uv-comparison/

Meanwhile the new Explorer doesn't seem to hold up to the aging Pilot (which got beat by the Ascent).

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/hond...er-comparison/

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2020...uv-comparison/
      Why you wouldn’t (buy an Optima SX):

Because you have your eyes on the Frigidaire Limited Edition Camry that you saw last weekend at the neighborhood Autoplex
      - LeftLaneNews

03-03-2020 12:04 AM #190
      The only ground the Telluride leaves for the Highlander is in official EPA fuel economy estimates. The Highlander is rated at 20/27/23 mpg city/highway/combined, whereas the Telluride nets 19/24/21 mpg. But as the saying goes, "Your mileage may vary." On our 135-mile evaluation loop, the Kia returned 19.7 mpg; the Toyota scored 18.1 mpg. You can credit the difference to the Kia's superior engine and transmission tuning.
      The winds they are a changing. I know TCL still clings to the adage that the Koreans are a cheap car made cheaply, but that was really only the case twenty some years ago. The winds have shifted. I'd consider a Kia/Hyundai over a japanese marque for reliability, content, and price these days.
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-03-2020 12:33 AM #191
      Ahh yes, the company known for buying favorable press is favored by the car magazine known for selling it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

18. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      03-03-2020 07:33 AM #192
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Ahh yes, the company known for buying favorable press is favored by the car magazine known for selling it.
      If you're scared, say you're scared

FWIW- which IMO is a lot- the Telluride is CR's highest rated midsize SUV by a wide margin. This is not a fluke.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-03-2020 08:58 AM #193
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      If you're scared, say you're scared

FWIW- which IMO is a lot- the Telluride is CR's highest rated midsize SUV by a wide margin. This is not a fluke.
      Scared? Of what? I don’t work for an automaker. I’m just and ordinary guy who thinks H/K are overhyped and am sick of paid shills cramming them down our throats.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

20. Member
      Cars
      2018 Outback 3.6R
      03-03-2020 09:16 AM #194
      I think its a very nice looking car from the outside, I have seen a few on the road. I have to say I think the "boxy style" SUV is making a comeback and people aren't interested in the more "van" design of like the Highlander, Ascent, Pilot, etc. (these still sell though obviously)

I don't think its a surprise either since "overlanding" seems to be the big thing, and I think the more boxy design style fits what people want to see.

A bit off topic but I do have to say...did Nissan make a big mistake getting rid of the Xterra? Seems like the market is back for those type of vehicles.

21. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      03-03-2020 09:18 AM #195
      I think its a very nice looking car from the outside, I have seen a few on the road. I have to say I think the "boxy style" SUV is making a comeback and people aren't interested in the more "van" design of like the Highlander, Ascent, Pilot, etc. (these still still sell though obviously)

I don't think its a surprise either since "overlanding" seems to be the big thing, and I think the more boxy design style fits what people want to see.

A bit off topic but I do have to say...did Nissan make a big mistake getting rid of the Xterra? Seems like the market is back for those type of vehicles.
      Nobody is buying a Telluride to go overlanding. This has about as much in common with an Xterra as the Pathfinder. It's a minivan with hinged rear doors, which is fine as that's what families want.

22. Member
      Cars
      2018 Outback 3.6R
      03-03-2020 09:26 AM #196
      Nobody is buying a Telluride to go overlanding. This has about as much in common with an Xterra as the Pathfinder. It's a minivan with hinged rear doors, which is fine as that's what families want.
      Ehhh I think your statement is way too absolute. Never deal in absolutes. People go overlanding in Vans, CUVs, etc. It's not off-roading or rock crawling. It's basically road tripping and car camping. And even if you don't go overlanding, people like the concept of it, and I think that's also why the boxy style is catching on again whether the vehicle is off-road capable, or not.

That's why I said the Xterra comment is way off topic.

23. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      03-03-2020 09:40 AM #197
      Ehhh I think your statement is way too absolute. Never deal in absolutes. People go overlanding in Vans, CUVs, etc. It's not off-roading or rock crawling. It's basically road tripping and car camping. And even if you don't go overlanding, people like the concept of it, and I think that's also why the boxy style is catching on again whether the vehicle is off-road capable, or not.

That's why I said the Xterra comment is way off topic.

24. 03-03-2020 10:03 AM #198
      I've had the chance to drive and spend a decent amount of time with the Telluride and the Palisade. I'm in this market right at the moment.

The Palisade in SEL trim with every option would be my first choice. It's the only way to get a second row bench seat which I prefer over the captains chairs, which come on the limiteds, for child seats. I'd sign on one of those tomorrow but damn if they don't lease well. I know they are new and have 0 incentives going but the lease prices are about $160 dollars high a month right now. IMO

Palisade SEL AWD $43,xxx MSRP with all fees.

36 month term, 12k miles a year only first, plates and taxes out of pocket ..............$686 a month.

2020 Highlander Limited, optioned out with the 12.3" touchscreen and second row bench

$48,xxx MSRP same terms as above is around $550 a month I'm still working on finding one how I want it and I think I have a little bit of room in that payment. I'd like to get the Highlander closer to $520 a month.

I know Kia/Hyundai doesn't care right now because they are moving these things, but the residual values are still an issue for these two brands when it comes to leasing.

25. Member
      Cars
      2018 Outback 3.6R
      03-03-2020 10:41 AM #199
      Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post
      I've had the chance to drive and spend a decent amount of time with the Telluride and the Palisade. I'm in this market right at the moment.

The Palisade in SEL trim with every option would be my first choice. It's the only way to get a second row bench seat which I prefer over the captains chairs, which come on the limiteds, for child seats. I'd sign on one of those tomorrow but damn if they don't lease well. I know they are new and have 0 incentives going but the lease prices are about $160 dollars high a month right now. IMO

36 month term, 12k miles a year only first, plates and taxes out of pocket ..............$686 a month.

2020 Highlander Limited, optioned out with the 12.3" touchscreen and second row bench

$48,xxx MSRP same terms as above is around $550 a month I'm still working on finding one how I want it and I think I have a little bit of room in that payment. I'd like to get the Highlander closer to $520 a month.

I know Kia/Hyundai doesn't care right now because they are moving these things, but the residual values are still an issue for these two brands when it comes to leasing.
      Just out of curiousity do you remember what the residual was on the vehicles? I know my Outback was 62% for my lease.

26. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      03-03-2020 10:50 AM #200
      Nobody is buying a Telluride to go overlanding.
      It's taken a long time to gain traction in the "adventure" world, considering that's what the Telluride was marketed as. Spending last year in Glacier NP, Yellowstone, Big Horns, and Jackson, WY, I'll tell you that we saw 2 Tellurides.

Quote Originally Posted by lostmypassword View Post

Market still sees K/H as cheap vehicles. Which is why I have a problem with the current MSRP of both. But K/H are keeping production low to keep demand high.

I'd still like to get a Telluride, but I must say I prefer the Palisade's interior.

One thing I have noticed is that the Telluride's body makes it look like it's squatting in the back.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast