Fourtitude.com - Kia sheds its cheap image as Telluride sales soar with high transaction price...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Results 151 to 175 of 215
    1. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      8,597
      Cars
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      09-26-2019 02:35 PM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      My problem is, I live in a house built in 1958, and has a garage that is decidedly *not* large. My Jeep and wife's RDX fit in at the same time only when I park the Jeep right up against the garage wall and have to back out to let anyone in on the pax side.
      Maybe its time to move out of the burbs

      Or at least a newer suburb, you know, like Elk Grove village
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      3,242
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      09-26-2019 02:37 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Maybe its time to move out of the burbs

      Or at least a newer suburb, you know, like Elk Grove village
      I'm moving to the city when my girls go to college. 15 years.

      I'd never slum it in Elk Grove
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    4. Millennial Pizza Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      23,012
      Cars
      North American German crap and German German crap
      09-26-2019 02:37 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      My problem is, I live in a house built in 1958, and has a garage that is decidedly *not* large. My Jeep and wife's RDX fit in at the same time only when I park the Jeep right up against the garage wall and have to back out to let anyone in on the pax side.
      The only thing I do miss about my recently-sold house was how deep the garage was (built 1967).

      In my new house (built 1986), I only have about 2 feet between the bumper and the rear wall in my redneck rental. The atlas is a few inches longer than that..

      In my area at least, more of the larger homes (some OT mouthbreathers would call them McMansions) built in the 80s all have tiny garages for some reason. Need to make that square footage an even 3000 instead of bumping that rear wall of the garage back another foot or two
      SS registry owner-emeritus

      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    5. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      8,597
      Cars
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      09-26-2019 02:40 PM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      I'm moving to the city when my girls go to college. 15 years.

      I'd never slum it in Elk Grove
      only 5475 days until we party
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    6. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      3,242
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      09-26-2019 02:45 PM #155
      This is all I'm working with


      Garage by Chris Stack, on Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    7. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      16,035
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6, 2006 CR-V
      09-26-2019 02:45 PM #156
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat!!!! View Post
      The only thing I do miss about my recently-sold house was how deep the garage was (built 1967).

      In my new house (built 1986), I only have about 2 feet between the bumper and the rear wall in my redneck rental. The atlas is a few inches longer than that..

      In my area at least, more of the larger homes (some OT mouthbreathers would call them McMansions) built in the 80s all have tiny garages for some reason. Need to make that square footage an even 3000 instead of bumping that rear wall of the garage back another foot or two
      If you’re really on top your garage is heated and cooled with the rest of the house. Then it’s included with total sq footage.
      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

    8. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      8,597
      Cars
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      09-26-2019 02:50 PM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      If you’re really on top your garage is heated and cooled with the rest of the house. Then it’s included with total sq footage.
      So where are you when your garage is heated and cooled with the outside world?
      Untitled by smooremin, on Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    9. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      3,242
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      09-26-2019 02:51 PM #158
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      So where are you when your garage is heated and cooled with the outside world?
      You are Hawc.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    10. Member adrew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2003
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      18,791
      Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      09-26-2019 02:52 PM #159
      We rented this little (1200 sq. ft.) old (1948) house downtown close to our jobs and it has a small 2-car garage that juuust fits our little cars


      The garage door is awesomely dangerous


      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      So where are you when your garage is heated and cooled with the outside world?
      The washer and dryer are out there so in the winter I disconnect the dryer exhaust (electric) to warm it up a little.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

    11. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      8,597
      Cars
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      09-26-2019 02:53 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      You are Hawc.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    12. Member Volkl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Olympia,WA
      Posts
      1,009
      Cars
      Miata RF, JKU, Cabriolet
      09-26-2019 02:57 PM #161
      So I decided to check a local Kia dealer that I know LOVES to add markups. They also have a Mitsubishi dealer and I've seen "market adjustment" pricing on Mirages. I have no idea who buys a car from them.

      Last time I was at this dealer was for a recall on my Evo, and I looked at the Stinger. it was new at the time, and they were marking them up $10K.

      Looks like they are doing the same with the Telluride:

      https://www.sunsetkiaofauburn.com/ne...4eaf3b153a.htm

      Dealer Priced: $43744

      MSRP per truecar is $38795

      https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for...kia-telluride/


      https://www.sunsetkiaofauburn.com/ne...4eae92d5f5.htm

      Dealer Priced: $45729

      MSRP per truecar is $40780

      https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for...kia-telluride/



      WHO the heck is paying markup on a family crossover?

    13. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital, USA
      Posts
      15,653
      Cars
      Audi e-Tron, BMW X3, and a Toyota appiiance
      09-26-2019 02:59 PM #162
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    14. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      14,200
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-26-2019 03:01 PM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      So where are you when your garage is heated and cooled with the outside world?
      Untitled by smooremin, on Flickr
      when the R goes on BAT, gotta come up with something creative for "not garage stored."

      oh wait... leases.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    15. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      14,200
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-26-2019 03:03 PM #164
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      So I decided to check a local Kia dealer that I know LOVES to add markups. They also have a Mitsubishi dealer and I've seen "market adjustment" pricing on Mirages. I have no idea who buys a car from them.

      Last time I was at this dealer was for a recall on my Evo, and I looked at the Stinger. it was new at the time, and they were marking them up $10K.

      Looks like they are doing the same with the Telluride:

      https://www.sunsetkiaofauburn.com/ne...4eaf3b153a.htm

      Dealer Priced: $43744

      MSRP per truecar is $38795

      https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for...kia-telluride/


      https://www.sunsetkiaofauburn.com/ne...4eae92d5f5.htm

      Dealer Priced: $45729

      MSRP per truecar is $40780

      https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for...kia-telluride/



      WHO the heck is paying markup on a family crossover?

      people who get 84-month loans.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    16. Millennial Pizza Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      23,012
      Cars
      North American German crap and German German crap
      09-26-2019 03:09 PM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      people who get 10.9% 84-month loans.
      FTFY
      SS registry owner-emeritus

      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    17. Member Uber Wagon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 8th, 2003
      Location
      Pickup Truck Capital, USA
      Posts
      15,653
      Cars
      Audi e-Tron, BMW X3, and a Toyota appiiance
      09-26-2019 03:16 PM #166
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      people who get 84-month loans.
      At 14.99% APR, no less.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

    18. Member Volkl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2003
      Location
      Olympia,WA
      Posts
      1,009
      Cars
      Miata RF, JKU, Cabriolet
      09-26-2019 03:18 PM #167
      Actually, it looks like they are still marking up Stingers $10K

      https://www.sunsetkiaofauburn.com/ne...4844d4bf68.htm

      Dealer Price: $57620
      MSRP: $47620

      https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for...9-kia-stinger/

    19. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      16,035
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6, 2006 CR-V
      09-26-2019 03:20 PM #168
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      You are Hawc.
      Ban Hawc.
      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

    20. Member Nealric's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2013
      Posts
      7,902
      Cars
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      09-26-2019 03:25 PM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Suburban is 224.4" in length, no different than a truck.

      A Tacoma (a small truck, mind you) ranges from 212.3" to 225.5" depending on configuration. Atlas is 198.3", - Which, when put into context, means the Suburban is only 26.1" longer. If you have a garage that can accommodate an Atlas with space leftover, a Suburban should not be a problem.

      Average garage is 20' deep, that leaves 15.6" in front of or behind a Suburban. I'm not saying it would be an easy fit, but it would fit. Most new construction, in my area at least, includes garages 30' in depth for this very reason. New vehicles are huge.
      Not an easy fit = PITA. You have to park JUST right or the garage door won't close, and there is no room to get to the far side of the car if the garage is closed. Sure, if you have the garagemahal everyone in here dreams of, you can park just about anything. I don't have a garagemahal An Ascent or Highlander sized vehicle still gives you 3 feet to spare in an average 20 foot deep garage instead of just over a foot.

      Most people I know with Suburbans just park them outside. It's also not just the length but width with mirrors.
      Last edited by Nealric; 09-26-2019 at 03:27 PM.

    21. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      16,035
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6, 2006 CR-V
      09-26-2019 03:28 PM #170
      This is our last house. It’s an old house, built in the late 1970’s.

      With Yukon and 4Runner parked in the garage we had plenty of space in front of and behind both vehicles. This isn’t a large garage, I’d say it’s quite average.

      There was definitely enough room to fit a Suburban in there if we wanted.

      Instagram - efrie004

      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

    22. Member adrew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2003
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      18,791
      Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      09-26-2019 03:31 PM #171
      My Yaris is 153" long - I could fit a Tacoma access cab (5 feet longer, lol) in there if I move the lawnmower and a few other things out from in front of my car.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2009
      Location
      Lansing
      Posts
      634
      Cars
      2018 Outback 3.6R
      09-26-2019 04:16 PM #172
      Everyone is saying "my old house built in 1970" and here I am with a house built in 1910.

    24. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      8,597
      Cars
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      09-26-2019 04:22 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonk2Hossa View Post
      Everyone is saying "my old house built in 1970" and here I am with a house built in 1910.
      My building was built in 1864

      Which, if you know your Chicago history, predates the fire.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2009
      Location
      Lansing
      Posts
      634
      Cars
      2018 Outback 3.6R
      09-26-2019 04:32 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      My building was built in 1864

      Which, if you know your Chicago history, predates the fire.
      Damn, that's pretty cool. There has to be some really neat architecture in your building.

      To keep it on topic...much like the great architecture and design of the all new Kia TELLURIDE! Which can be yours for only 10% over MSRP.

    26. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 24th, 2002
      Location
      COVID-19 Ground 0 - USA
      Posts
      14,200
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      09-26-2019 04:36 PM #175
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat!!!! View Post
      FTFY
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      At 14.99% APR, no less.

      Sh*t. Really? I guess I got bent over on my 18.49% 84/mo for the Earth F**ker. Zero down, tho. So I got that goin' for me.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

    Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •