Fourtitude.com - Kia sheds its cheap image as Telluride sales soar with high transaction price...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    1. 03-03-2020 05:22 PM #201
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Ahh yes, the company known for buying favorable press is favored by the car magazine known for selling it.

Scared? Of what? I don’t work for an automaker. I’m just and ordinary guy who thinks H/K are overhyped and am sick of paid shills cramming them down our throats.

ToYoCo has tons more $$ than Hyundai, so why wouldn't they have paid to make a newer vehicle look good?

And you're deluding yourself if you think Kia paid pretty much every publication and YT reviewer.

Also, it doesn't make sense that Hyundai didn't pay more than Kia (to make sure that the Palisade, and not the Telluride, finished on top of rankings/comparisons) when Hyundai has deeper pockets and is the parent/controlling company.
      Why you wouldn’t (buy an Optima SX):

Because you have your eyes on the Frigidaire Limited Edition Camry that you saw last weekend at the neighborhood Autoplex
      - LeftLaneNews

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2019 Q5, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      03-03-2020 05:52 PM #202
      Scared? Of what? I don’t work for an automaker. I’m just and ordinary guy who thinks H/K are overhyped and am sick of paid shills cramming them down our throats.
      Haha, if the legacy Japanese manufacturers weren't sucking it up in mediocre-land so much, the Korean hype train would have never got so much momentum. Seems to me that H/K deserves all of the success they are enjoying these days.

That said, while I haven't driven it yet, I have been slightly underwhelmed with the Telluride in person from a looks standpoint. It doesn't have as much presence as I expected.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-03-2020 06:31 PM #203
      Quote Originally Posted by CP1 View Post
      ToYoCo has tons more $$ than Hyundai, so why wouldn't they have paid to make a newer vehicle look good?

And you're deluding yourself if you think Kia paid pretty much every publication and YT reviewer.

Also, it doesn't make sense that Hyundai didn't pay more than Kia (to make sure that the Palisade, and not the Telluride, finished on top of rankings/comparisons) when Hyundai has deeper pockets and is the parent/controlling company.
      I have idea why H/K do what they do, but you are a living breathing (are you?) example of their paying shills to bug the hell out of the rest of us.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

03-03-2020 06:54 PM #204
      I have idea why H/K do what they do, but you are a living breathing (are you?) example of their paying shills to bug the hell out of the rest of us.
      Give it a rest. As if brand loyalists and paying for favorable reviews is some new phenomenon. I'd take a H/K fanboy over some anti-everything edgelord any day.

Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      03-03-2020 07:00 PM #205
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Give it a rest. As if brand loyalists and paying for favorable reviews is some new phenomenon. I'd take a H/K fanboy over some anti-everything edgelord any day.
      Yeah he’s more than a fanboy.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

03-03-2020 07:12 PM #206
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

8. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      03-03-2020 08:01 PM #207
      The Telluride is pretty good, and CP1 is an annoying shill. Everything doesn't have to be either or

9. Member
      Cars
      Unreliable pregnant guppy, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      03-03-2020 08:47 PM #208
      Yeah he’s more than a fanboy.
      Does that affect the merits of their product? Seems like they've got a segment winner + the best warranty in the biz. I know you and some others are down on the brands but I don't really see the case for it anymore. I've never owned a H/K product but my parents have owned 3 (twinkie 5th(!) gen cars with virtually the same spec save engine and one 2nd gen genesis). Both have been fine for their missions and never gave them any trouble. I absolutely loved my time in the VN and might own one if it had the correct # of doors.

10. 03-03-2020 08:58 PM #209
      Typical as a troll, you a have a selective memory.

Have stated plenty where think H/K/G made a misstep or simply don't like their design of a model (or at least a part of it).

For example...

Really don't like the sheetmetal for...

Palisade
      (front) Sonata
      Nexo
      Kona (best is the EV w/o that stupid plastic "armor")
      Venue

But the absolute worst is the F/L Elantra which is one of the worst F/L ever done (but the Veloster is a close 2nd).

Kia, overall, has done a better job w/ their designs of late, but even then, designs like the new Sorento do nothing for me (and really dislike the dash design).

Have stated the same w/ the designs of the G70, G80 and pre-F/L G90 - too bland, and never cared for the interior/dash designs on the G80 and G70 (the one in the G90 is decent enough).

Also stated that Genesis made a major mistake by making the WB for the G70 as short as they did, and they made a similar mistake w/ the GV80 (shortening the WB from the current G80's), which was on top of the earlier mistake H/K did in not having expanded their CUV lineup earlier and plan for sufficient production capacity (they still keep doing the latter, such as not being adequately able to meet global demand for the Kona or NA demand for the Telluride).

Heck, have stated that both H and K need to redo their badges, and while it appears that Kia is finally doing it (while it's an improvement, not the path would have taken), Hyundai seems intent on keeping their squiggly H - which frankly can't stand.

Plenty of things about them which don't like/care (and have stated them numerous times), as well as stating when they make major missteps (such as not having expanded their CUV lineup sooner than they did).

In terms of lineups (design, interiors, driving dynamics, power, etc.) among mainstream brands, Hyundai wouldn't be in my top 3.
      Last edited by CP1; 03-03-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Because you have your eyes on the Frigidaire Limited Edition Camry that you saw last weekend at the neighborhood Autoplex
      - LeftLaneNews

11. 03-03-2020 10:46 PM #210
      Quote Originally Posted by CP1 View Post
      Typical as a troll, you a have a selective memory.

Have stated plenty where think H/K/G made a misstep or simply don't like their design of a model (or at least a part of it).

This doesn't mean you're not a paid shill, or even just a shill.

You absolutely are. You are the internet's biggest H/K shill and nothing you say has any credibility.

12. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      03-04-2020 07:43 AM #211
      CP1's complaints about H/K ring like critiques that got corporate approval beforehand

"I have to look critical to establish credibility"
      "Fair enough, but run your criticisms by us before you post. You have to stay somewhat on brand"

13. 03-06-2020 11:28 AM #212
      Had an interesting chat with a Kia dealer about this car last night.

First off all the SX trim Tellurides they have coming in until June are sold. I had him run numbers for me anyway on the off chance I could find out and possibly trade for it. Which he said no dealer is going to do right now anyway, but I was curious on the numbers anyway.

$47,xxx MSRP 36 term, 12k a year $500 down + first, plates and fees..................$714 a month

I politely told him trying to get a lease on either the Palisade or the Telluride right now is a pretty stupid move.

The thing is the residuals aren't bad at 60%, the money factor isn't great at .00180 but I think the dealers are padding these monthlys quite heavily to say the least. With those numbers this car should be around $640 a month.

More power to them life is good over at Kia right now.
      Last edited by lostmypassword; 03-06-2020 at 11:30 AM.

14. 03-07-2020 02:45 AM #213
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      CP1's complaints about H/K ring like critiques that got corporate approval beforehand

"I have to look critical to establish credibility"
      "Fair enough, but run your criticisms by us before you post. You have to stay somewhat on brand"

Couldn't have been more clear on the Veloster-N thread about my dislike for the Veloster-N.

Granted, it was the sheetmetal and (chinzy) interior that I disliked, but do you want me to also complain about the things that don't need fixing (like the handling/performance)?

(Note, I also stated that the Veloster-N could also lose some weight, but that won't happen until it gets the next gen platform.)

My criticisms mostly are aesthetic (design) or the interior (whether it be quality of materials or design) b/c that's largely are the missteps that Hyundai has been making these days (aside from a few instances of not properly sizing a vehicle within its segment).

Previously had criticized Hyundai extensively for its over-boosted steering, including that silly Flex-steer system (which really didn't do anything to improve the steering), but these days, their steering, for the most part is fine (like for all manufacturers, some models better than others), albeit not to the level of say, Mazda.

Car & Driver is more enthusiast focused than Motor Trend (putting more weight on handling in their overall assessment/rating than Motor Trend), and yet they had 14 H/K/G models (counting the Rio hatch and sedan as 1 and not separately as C/D does) included in their 2019 Editors' Choice list.

Toyota/Lexus had 2 (Camry and RAV-4); not counting the Yaris sedan as credit for that goes to Mazda.

And as brands go, Hyundai (and Kia) had a higher road test score (Consumer Reports) than Lexus, much less Toyota.

So while in the past, Hyundai had issues w/ their over-boosted steering and suspension tuning, these days, they aren't really a problem for the most part (so can't really criticize things that are no longer problem areas).

And hating on the brand's emblem/badge - that's a pretty major thing.

Being a long-time BMW fan, my criticisms about BMW is pretty much the same its been for the past decade or so (progressively worse sheetmetal, cheap looking new dash design and effing up their steering feel).

But their powertrains are still the sweetest in the luxury market.
      Last edited by CP1; 03-07-2020 at 02:50 AM.

- LeftLaneNews

15. 03-07-2020 02:57 AM #214
      Quote Originally Posted by tejlab View Post
      This doesn't mean you're not a paid shill, or even just a shill.

You absolutely are. You are the internet's biggest H/K shill and nothing you say has any credibility.

Then must be a bigger GM/Cadillac shill as know more about the goings on at Cadillac than pretty much anyone here.

And please, I have been hard on Hyundai for their missteps - such as being way too slow in expanding their CUV lineup, further exacerbated by not having enough capacity for the CUVs they did have.

In addition to not really caring for the designs of any Genesis (until the new G80), stated that they made the same major mistake Cadillac had made w/ the ATS by making the rear compartment more cramped compared to the competition.

The lack of rear space is the reason why the Stinger continues to outsell the G70.

I have stated plenty good and bad, unlike you who just trolls H/K.

- LeftLaneNews

Cars
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      03-07-2020 09:24 AM #215
      I'm glad that the Telluride is going well... it's such a cohesive design inside and out. However, the Palisade -- that damn thing is HIDEOUS. I can't see any redeeming qualities for it (except maybe the interior). The ghastly front, the grille, the headlights, the rear of it -- everything. It looks so damn ungainly, like a bloated cow.

"Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789