Fourtitude.com - engine support for new beetle 2.0 Liter motor mount replacement
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 09-12-2019 03:01 PM #1
      What is the best way to support the engine for a motor mount replacement in a 2004 2.0 liter new beetle? Unless I missed something I don't think an engine support bar/bridge will work for a new beetle, no where to place the bridge feet. thanks

Update: I purchased an engine support bar from harbor freight ($79.00 + tax). The problem I ran into was the foot pads being square to the support bar where the beetle is v-shaped. With a dremel grinder I modified the clevis brackets that allow the bar to tilt so that the feet now turn in slightly and follow the contour of the engine bay. HTH someone. Cheers
      Last edited by fractalized; 09-13-2019 at 02:53 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      01 Jetta Wagon 2.0, 02 jetta wagon 2.0(RIP), 03 jetta 1.8T, 01' GLS VR6, 03' GLI VR6
      09-21-2019 09:48 PM #2
      Good info! I think I probably have the same support bar, but have only used it on Jettas. I would have probably taken my chances with a 2x4 on my jack under the edge of the oil pan, but only because I'm funny about grinding on any of my 'new' tools! Haha...