Fourtitude.com - Ford Applies for ‘Mustang Mach-E’ Trademark
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 431
    1. Member Unilateral Phase Detractor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2005
      Location
      Columbus, Ohio
      Posts
      13,796
      Cars
      2016 Mazda CX-5  2013 Ford Focus Electric
      11-14-2019 10:51 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Are we okay with this name???

      Will the Mustang faithful lose their sh!t?
      Sure, it's a performance car that should be quite fast.

      Probably.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Senior Member Mazda 3s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2003
      Location
      Garner, NC
      Posts
      23,422
      Cars
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      11-14-2019 10:51 AM #52




      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

      Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

    4. Member Yuppie Scum's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2014
      Location
      Metro Boston
      Posts
      3,217
      Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3 LR Dual Motor
      11-14-2019 10:54 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Are we okay with this name???

      Will the Mustang faithful lose their sh!t?
      Every day people are "losing their ****" on the internet about various meaningless things yet life continues to go on unabated.

      The moment that "OK Boomer" is having is probably convincing a lot of marketing departments that previously untouchable boomer brands are now up for reassessment.

    5. Senior Member Mike!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2002
      Location
      Ontario & Ohio
      Posts
      20,445
      Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      11-14-2019 10:56 AM #54
      "Until it's crashed leaving a car show, it's not a real Mustang"



    6. Member ice4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Mile High City
      Posts
      6,391
      Cars
      E350 Wagon, Arteon
      11-14-2019 10:59 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      "Until it's crashed leaving a car show, it's not a real Mustang"


      yeah it needs instant torque crash cred first

    7. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 25th, 2004
      Location
      Los Gatos, CA
      Posts
      21,425
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      11-14-2019 11:01 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Are we okay with this name???

      Will the Mustang faithful lose their sh!t?
      I hope so, will be fun to watch a bunch of old farts grumbling about kids and their fancy tech SUVs. In an age where practically every sacred sports car manufacturer has come up with an SUV I don't see why Ford can't apply their own sports car branding (Mustang itself is a brand) to an SUV.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      13,026
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      11-14-2019 11:04 AM #57


      It looks like a Tesla product... pre-facelift Tesla

      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

    9. Senior Member bzcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2001
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      24,585
      11-14-2019 01:28 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Are we okay with this name???

      Will the Mustang faithful lose their sh!t?
      Honestly I wasn't expecting them to call it Mustang MACH-E but I don't think it will matter that much other than to the mouth breathers that are still complaining about Charger name on a 4 door sedan.

      Calling it Mustang sets the expectation really high, however, for performance benchmark. This thing better scoots like hell and give Tesla a run for its money.

    10. Member Yuppie Scum's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2014
      Location
      Metro Boston
      Posts
      3,217
      Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3 LR Dual Motor
      11-14-2019 01:34 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Honestly I wasn't expecting them to call it Mustang MACH-E but I don't think it will matter that much other than to the mouth breathers that are still complaining about Charger name on a 4 door sedan.

      Calling it Mustang sets the expectation really high, however, for performance benchmark. This thing better scoots like hell and give Tesla a run for its money.
      Remember how the Probe almost became the Mustang?

    11. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      43,209
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      11-14-2019 01:35 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      Are we okay with this name???

      Will the Mustang faithful lose their sh!t?

      *Women yelling something at a white cat with broccoli who fires back*
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    12. Senior Member Lwize's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2000
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      28,085
      Cars
      15 Rav4
      11-14-2019 01:43 PM #61
      I have no problem with using the Mustang name on this EV crossover, and long as they don't call it a Turbo.

      I do have a problem with the non-grill on the fascia. Either use a black faux grill, or use nothing.
      Don't use a body-colored "plug" where the traditional grill would have been.
      It looks stupid.
      YouTube is not a medical device.

    13. Member Unilateral Phase Detractor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2005
      Location
      Columbus, Ohio
      Posts
      13,796
      Cars
      2016 Mazda CX-5  2013 Ford Focus Electric
      11-14-2019 02:18 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      *Women yelling something at a white cat with broccoli who fires back*

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      13,026
      Cars
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      11-14-2019 02:20 PM #63
      I don't mind Mustang EV, even in SUV form

      I DO mind it doesn't look "Mustang" enough. It just look like a pre-facelift Tesla SUV with Mustang rear lights. Without those rear lights it can be anything made by any brand.

      Just look at it, it doesn't even look like a regular Ford...




      Bentayga look like a Bentley
      Cullinan look like a Rolls Royce
      Stelvio look like a Alfa Romeo
      Last edited by Avus; 11-14-2019 at 02:24 PM.
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

    15. Member Yuppie Scum's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2014
      Location
      Metro Boston
      Posts
      3,217
      Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3 LR Dual Motor
      11-14-2019 02:23 PM #64
      Guys, that picture is just a rendering, not a leak.

    16. Senior Member Mazda 3s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2003
      Location
      Garner, NC
      Posts
      23,422
      Cars
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      11-14-2019 02:26 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Guys, that picture is just a rendering, not a leak.
      But it pretty much is about 99% the real deal.



      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

      Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2012
      Location
      MI
      Posts
      5,408
      Cars
      2005 Acura TSX
      11-14-2019 03:00 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      I don't mind Mustang EV, even in SUV form

      I DO mind it doesn't look "Mustang" enough. It just look like a pre-facelift Tesla SUV with Mustang rear lights. Without those rear lights it can be anything made by any brand.

      Just look at it, it doesn't even look like a regular Ford...
      I would guess the design team decided early that it should not look like a regular Ford.

      whatever 'regular Ford' is....

    18. 11-14-2019 03:01 PM #67
      I think attaching the Mustang name is pretty dumb for a CUV/EV/4 door vehicle, but I don't care that much there. More curious about how good of a vehicle it is and how it competes.

    19. Member vwpiloto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2006
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      12,051
      Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      11-14-2019 03:16 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      I don't mind Mustang EV, even in SUV form

      I DO mind it doesn't look "Mustang" enough.

      We don't know what the next gen Mustang will look like. For all we know it will look more like the Mach E in its surfacing and general design.

      Overall, I think it looks good, and I like the fact that we're getting a pure EV CUV that's from a mainstream brand.

    20. Member 2000JettaGLXVR6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2002
      Posts
      11,670
      Cars
      2016 A6 2.0T Quattro
      11-14-2019 03:28 PM #69
      It looks like what a 2019 Windstar would look like. Who exactly is the target for this? Mustang bros will hate it for diluting the brand. The rest of the population will hate it because it reminds them of Mustang bros. This is a vehicle nobody asked for.


    21. Member vwpiloto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2006
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      12,051
      Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      11-14-2019 03:38 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post
      It looks like what a 2019 Windstar would look like. Who exactly is the target for this? Mustang bros will hate it for diluting the brand. The rest of the population will hate it because it reminds them of Mustang bros. This is a vehicle nobody asked for.
      How many small or midsize BEV CUVs are out there presently?

      The Model Y can't come soon enough, and just here on TCL we're complaining that Chevy doesn't offer the Menlo (CUV version of the Bolt) here. Plus there are BEV CUVs coming from Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, and we already have the Audi eTron available. I think a lot of people are asking for this type of vehicle, and I think Ford made a smart move by capitalizing their Mustang brand, and giving their BEV CUV offering something "special" from the get go.

    22. Member TangoRed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2005
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      12,243
      11-14-2019 04:10 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      How many small or midsize BEV CUVs are out there presently?

      The Model Y can't come soon enough, and just here on TCL we're complaining that Chevy doesn't offer the Menlo (CUV version of the Bolt) here. Plus there are BEV CUVs coming from Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, and we already have the Audi eTron available. I think a lot of people are asking for this type of vehicle, and I think Ford made a smart move by capitalizing their Mustang brand, and giving their BEV CUV offering something "special" from the get go.
      Exactly.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

    23. 11-14-2019 04:36 PM #72
      EVO is reporting a rumored WLTP range of 373 miles, which is a lot.

    24. Senior Member AZGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2000
      Location
      Phoenix area
      Posts
      34,515
      11-14-2019 04:55 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      EVO is reporting a rumored WLTP range of 373 miles, which is a lot.
      It would be, yes, but with the Mustang easily covering the price range of $40-70k or more if you include the GT500, the Mach-E might not be any better of a value than the long range Model Y. For so long we've been talking about how EVs would finally take off in the 2020s and so far I would say the 2020s are not going to disappoint for EV fans.

    25. 11-14-2019 05:20 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      EVO is reporting a rumored WLTP range of 373 miles, which is a lot.
      That would be right around 320-330 EPA... which is right in the sweet spot IMO and probably means at least a 90kWh pack, but more likely a 100-105.

    26. Geriatric Member @McMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2002
      Location
      Northern part of the Virginia
      Posts
      37,207
      Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      11-14-2019 08:22 PM #75
      Chonk-E


    Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •