Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
      Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      02-25-2020 04:29 PM #376
      I really can't tell if the car is ugly or just the wheels they have on it. I have the same problem with the C8.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      02-25-2020 04:43 PM #377
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Someone needs to tell these guys that news doesn't have to be "edgy." I've seen far worse front-plate mounts, and while gloss black might not be my first choice, this doesn't look bad at all. Certainly not some 'serious flaw' with the car... lots of cars come with trim, air dams, etc. that will "scratch rather easily."

I mean, why else do Scat Pack owners leave the pool noodles on?
      Rav4 has the XSE package which adds a ton of black shiny omg it scratches plastic

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Cars
      2016 A6 2.0T Quattro
      02-25-2020 07:28 PM #378
      This is fine. I guess. But how about gloss black (like VW/Audi), or better yet, body color like Tesla.

5. Member
      Cars
      ATS, Type-R
      02-25-2020 07:57 PM #379
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      Looks good. Hope it's a true competitor to the Model Y. We'll soon see . . .
      Is this really the same size as the Model Y? This thing looks tiny in comparison, but that could be just photo trickery.

6. Member Unilateral Phase Detractor's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 Mazda CX-5  2013 Ford Focus Electric
      03-06-2020 04:35 PM #380
      Here's a US map of reservation locations and most popular colors:

7. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-06-2020 04:54 PM #381
      As expected, massive interest in the coastal metro areas and other large cities like Denver, Dallas, etc. (big surprise w/Detroit tho), and Arkansas gives zero ****s about EVs.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

03-06-2020 05:19 PM #382
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      As expected, massive interest in the coastal metro areas and other large cities like Denver, Dallas, etc. (big surprise w/Detroit tho), and Arkansas gives zero ****s about EVs.
      Looks kind of like a wealth distribution map of the USA to me.

9. Member
      Cars
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      03-06-2020 07:16 PM #383
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      And what’s up with the three dots only on the borders of North Dakota? No EV allowed inside ND?

03-06-2020 07:19 PM #384
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      Looks like a population distribution map of USA to me.

Cars
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      03-06-2020 07:35 PM #385
      Surprising number of dots in SC. Maybe I'll see one on the road!

If my Bolt-fan coworker weren't such a die-hard Chevy guy I'd have guessed one of those reservations was his...
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

12. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6, 2006 CR-V
      03-06-2020 09:20 PM #386
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      There's no infrastructure.

Okay, there's a little bit. In a few very select areas.

But the Tesla chargers they have at a very few select hotels in the 100 mile radius from my house are all out of use. The one in the town I work at has yellow tape around it, it's been that way for two years now.

Electric cars are the devil in these parts.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Cars
      2013 Charger R/T Road & Track
      03-07-2020 07:02 AM #387
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Car_Guy View Post
      And what’s up with the three dots only on the borders of North Dakota? No EV allowed inside ND?
      That’s where the cities are. Same for MT.

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      03-07-2020 08:28 AM #388
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
      That’s where the cities are. Same for MT.
      That's only two (Grand Forks and Fargo) of he four biggies in ND - Minot and Bismarck (the capital) don't want no Mach E.

I have no idea what that dot on the southern boarder is near. There's nothing down there.

15. Member
      Cars
      The NATO garage: 3 British, 2 German, 2 American.
      03-07-2020 09:16 AM #389
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      That's only two (Grand Forks and Fargo) of he four biggies in ND - Minot and Bismarck (the capital) don't want no Mach E.
      Gotcha. All trips I’ve made to ND started in Minot. And yes, they don’t want the E.

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      03-13-2020 09:33 PM #390
      Ford Tests the Mustang Mach-E In the Freezing Cold
      You don't have to do sweet, sweeping drifts in the Mach-E, but you can.
      BY JAKE LINGEMAN MAR 13, 2020

https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-...freezing-cold/

17. Member
      Cars
      19 GLI Autobahn
      03-14-2020 03:27 PM #391
      Gonna assume the Detroit and MI interest is powered by Ford executive/workers/families. There are many Ford families here that will never own anything else. Not sure if those sales numbers include executive leases as well (some cars are not eligible for executive leases like Raptors and other specialty cars, not sure if the Mach-E is on that list) that could account for a large number. Either way i hope it is a success and it's great to see the first year almost sold out.

Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3 LR Dual Motor
      03-14-2020 06:48 PM #392
      If it had been out for a year or two by now I probably would have bought this instead of a Model 3.

19. 05-12-2020 12:30 PM #393
      The capability will expand to more vehicles later

Ford’s upcoming all-electric performance crossover, the Mustang Mach-E, is an exciting product that could be a game-changer for Ford. While we were initially skeptical of the name, we’re already sold on its looks, and the details about its electric powertrain are promising. Now Ford tells us that the Mach-E will also be able to stay current via over-the-air (OTA) updates, with the first ones expected about six months after launch.

OTA technology allows the Mustang Mach-E to be updated from anywhere and, as Ford promises, almost invisibly (though owners will receive notifications), with many updates taking under two minutes to complete. Customers will be able to schedule a regular time for these updates, so they can have them occur while parked overnight and wake up to an updated vehicle in the morning. If need be, say, if the vehicle is already in use when an update is ready, the Mach-E can continue to run on current software while preparing the update in the background.

“The beauty of the Mustang Mach-E is that what our customers experience on day one is just the beginning — it will evolve to add even more features and capabilities over time,” said John Vangelov, connected services manager at Ford. OTA updates can improve systems like Ford’s Sync infotainment, or even provide performance enhancements and add new features.

Of course, OTA updates aren’t entirely new. Tesla, famously, has relied on them to provide enhancements to software, fix bugs, add features and Easter eggs and improve its cars’ performance without requiring a visit to a service center. And while OTA is new to Ford, it won’t stop with the Mustang Mach-E. Ford says it’ll begin to include the capability on most of its new or redesigned vehicles going forward.

Appropriately, Ford notes how its engineers have continued developing its OTA tech while working from home during the coronavirus pandemic. Not only can Ford customers get updates remotely, engineers have created ways to work on the technology remotely. "By quickly implementing remote access to our vehicle components," said Vangelov, "we’re ensuring our Mustang Mach-E customers can enjoy the great capabilities they’ve been looking forward to from the start, while providing the accommodations our engineers need to continue innovating from the safety of their homes."

The Ford Mustang Mach-E is scheduled to launch simultaneously in the U.S. and Europe late this year. The flagship Mach-E GT models — boasting an expected 459 horsepower and 612 pound-feet of torque (though final specs could differ) — are due in 2021. The base Select model will start at $43,895 before destination and tax incentives, with the GT starting at $60,500.
      https://www.autoblog.com/2020/05/12/...e-ota-updates/

20. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      05-13-2020 09:00 AM #394
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      That looks nice, even for a lower trim model.
      I just can't get past the flat seats and "electric car" dashboard.
      If Ford is going to give this car a sexy exterior and the Mustang name, it needs an interior that also speaks to performance and handling.
      Unfortunately, the Mach E's interior seems to be more appropriate for a Prius.

21. 05-17-2020 09:54 AM #395
      Ford announces that Mustang Mach-E electric car charges 30% faster than they thought

Ford announced today that the Mustang Mach-E electric car is charging 30% faster than they thought in new tests.

Since the release of the Mustang Mach-E specs, Ford has been somewhat vague when it comes to the electric car’s charge rate.

To be fair, all automakers are being vague to a degree when talking about charge rate since it’s not always representative of the time you’ll actually spend at the charging stations.

Most automakers will just list the top possible charge rate in kW, 250 kW for Tesla Model Y or 150 kW for the Audi e-tron for example.

However, you have to dive much deeper to understand how long it can maintain such a high charge rate and at what state-of-charge the battery needs to be in order to take such current.

In the Mustang Mach-E’s case, Ford has been claiming the car will be able to add 47 miles in 10 minutes on a 150 kW charger.

Now Ford has announced that it’s 30% faster than they previously estimated:

“The all-new Mustang Mach-E can add an estimated average of 61 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes at an Electrify America DC fast charging station with the extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive1 – an improvement of approximately 14 miles or 30 percent versus previous estimates.”

That’s for the Mustang Mach-E with extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive.

Ford also commented on the all-wheel-drive version with extended-range battery:

“The all-wheel-drive version with extended-range battery is estimated to add an average of 52 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes as well. Both all-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive configurations are estimated to achieve a 10 percent to 80 percent charge in approximately 45 minutes while charging on a DC fast charging station2.”

Mark Kaufman, Ford global director of electrification, commented

“Mustang customers love the open road and less time recharging means more time enjoying the drive. We’ve made it a priority to make it faster to recharge their Mustang Mach-E, and we’re continuing to work with providers to ensure even more charge points are available through FordPass to make it easier to recharge.”

The Ford Mustang Mach-E is starting at just $43,895 before incentive in the US.

Ford previously said that production is going to begin in late 2020, and the first deliveries are expected in Europe and the US in October, but they are planning to issue an update on availability after they restart all their North American production post-pandemic.

Electrek’s Take

It’s good news that there are improvements, but it’s still hard to understand the actual capacity.

“61 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes” sounds good, but do I need to be at 1% state of charge to get those 61 miles in just 10 minutes? Because most people don’t start charging on the road at 1%.

The best metric they shared is “a 10 percent to 80 percent charge in approximately 45 minutes” while charging on a DC fast charging station. With the 98 KWh extended-range battery pack, it would mean an average charge rate of ~90 kW throughout the charging session.

That’s not bad at all, but we will know more once we are able to see a full charging cycle on the Mustang Mach-E.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

05-17-2020 11:02 AM #396
      The all-new Mustang Mach-E can add an estimated average of 61 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes at an Electrify America DC fast charging station with the extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive
      The scenario so many people bring up is "What if I'm driving all around town running errands and suddenly realize I'm low on charge while far from home?" Well there's your answer. 10 minutes at a DCFC station and you've got enough range to make it home even if you're clear on the other side of your metro area from home. I still oppose this car being called a Mustang Mach-anything but the vehicle itself seems like great competition to the Model Y for example, just from a legacy automaker. Hopefully the production model will have door handles.

Cars
      87 BMW God's Chariot, 16 VW Sorority Special
      05-17-2020 05:05 PM #397
      Still very excited for these.

Wondering how they will lease... or if the GT really delivers (thus justifying an outright purchase), how long the $7,500 federal tax credit will last.

24. 05-25-2020 03:47 PM #398
      The Mach-E may be behind schedule in many locations, but Ford has only officially announced the delays in some markets.

According to official reports out of The Netherlands, France, and the United Kingdom – via Ford's emails to reservation holders – the automaker's all-electric Mustang Mach-E won't begin deliveries until early 2021. In these countries, Ford had previously promised the first deliveries to arrive in 2020. If the automaker can pull off early 2021, this is really not bad considering the circumstances related to the global COVID-19 pandemic.

At this time, there have been no official reports from Ford or from U.S. reservation-holders that the Mach-E will be delayed on our shores. Ford has continued to assert that the virus hasn't impacted U.S. production or deliveries of the upcoming electric performance SUV. In fact, Ford has reportedly responded to inquiries from various forums. It said there are currently no U.S. delays, and the Mach-E will still arrive in 2020.

We've included a few links below, though there are multiple threads about the situation on a few Ford Mustang Mach-E forums. If you follow the links, you'll see some official emails from Ford to customers in various countries, as well as more specific details related to the situation. This is a developing story, as enthusiasts and reservation-holders are working to get more information about which other countries may be impacted.

In the emails, Ford explained that it is getting its facilities back online and prioritizing the safety of its workers. In the meantime, it continues to test the Mach-E and make improvements. In addition, there should be no negative impact on the quality of the final product.
      https://insideevs.com/news/424811/fo...-delayed-2021/

25. 06-10-2020 01:08 PM #399
      It's also joined by Dark Matter Gray

Though the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E was revealed last fall, Ford wasn't quite done making little tweaks. The company is now announcing two new colors for the crossover: Dark Matter Gray and Cyber Orange, the latter of which is shown above.

The orange seems like a metallic version of the famous Grabber Orange featured on various generations of Mustang sports cars. We're happy to see it, since the Mach-E color lineup was pretty much a spectrum of grays save for Rapid Red Metallic and Grabber Blue Metallic. Dark Matter Gray doesn't help keep the Mustang Mach-E colorful, but hey, we're trying to look on the bright side of things right now.

Unfortunately, Cyber Orange, as well as Dark Matter Gray, isn't available to all Mustang Mach-Es. It's exclusive to the GT trim, which is the high-output model making 459 horsepower and 612 pound-feet of torque. It also gets wider tires and a unique front fascia with an aggressive faux grille for a sporty look. If you're interested, you can submit an order with Ford, and your Mach-E GT should arrive next summer.
      https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/10/...ange-revealed/

06-10-2020 03:15 PM #400
      It's really growing on me, and the GT looks way better with the full black "grill" up front.

Can someone explain to me the (lack of) door handles?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast