VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

BMW 4 Series Concept revealed

25K views 257 replies 92 participants last post by  Maximum_Download 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
1 20
#41 ·
The car is striking and its bringing some boldness back to BMW. That I appreciate. However, the execution of the grille in particular is ridiculous. I'm sure we'll all get used to it in due time but I can't help but think BMW should've gone with this if they just had to do the chipmunk thing:

#106 ·
As noted above, it's not so much the size as the execution. If it were less angular, less fussy (simple vertical ribs as has been the tradition), and if the kidneys were separated by a painted area, I think it would be much less jarring. The sharp curves, grill ornamentation, and connection make it look less BMW. It's possible to be bold and advance brand identity--I don't think their latest efforts do that.

And don't get me started on the kink...

#55 ·
Once you get past the grill it looks good. But still the grill alone is all the more reason to walk away from it.

#57 ·
TheCool said:
Lexus gets a lot of **** for their front ends,
I kind of like the Lexus grill, especially compared to this. The Lexus grill was all brand new. So it wasn't like taking something that once looked good and destroying it, unlike what BMW did to their twin kidney grill which has looked better in the past than this.

#65 ·
I don't like the grill on my m340i but this... this is the automotive equivalent of projectile vomit. Did Edsel Ford rise from the dead and possess the design team? Did the focus group consist of methed up chimps?

If a baleen whale ever needs dentures, it can contact BMW's parts department for a fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.