Fourtitude.com - Lemon law/Buyback purchase questions
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Member
      09-08-2019 03:29 PM #1
      Hello,

I am looking at a 2018 car with a branded title listed on Carfax. The car was lemon lawed and bought back by the manufacturer. Zero accidents and low mileage too. The car has been fixed by the manufacturer and recently went to auction and is now for sale. Is this something you guys would stay away from? Any info would be great.

RICK

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 09-09-2019 11:41 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Ricks8vGTi View Post
      Hello,

I am looking at a 2018 car with a branded title listed on Carfax. The car was lemon lawed and bought back by the manufacturer. Zero accidents and low mileage too. The car has been fixed by the manufacturer and recently went to auction and is now for sale. Is this something you guys would stay away from? Any info would be great.

RICK
      How much cheaper is it than a non-lemon comp?

Cars
      MK3's
      09-09-2019 12:15 PM #3
      I would stay away from a lemon car. I used this guide when I was looking: Buying a Used Car Lemon law can mean a couple of things, manufacturing defects, mechanical, electrical etc.. issues. It's a toss-up when buying a lemon certified car.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      09-09-2019 06:25 PM #4
      $4700 cheaper

7. Member
      Cars
      997 GTS | BMW M2
      12-22-2019 06:31 AM #5
      so late to this that it likely doesn't matter for OP.. but for anyone else looking;

I bought a 2012 Audi TTRS with a lemon title. There was a debacle about the first generation TTRS and its brake caliper squealing. Lots of the first gen TTRS had brake squealing when they were first released, and some buyers didn't want to deal with it as Audi didn't have a solution for the first several months. So the original owner of the TTRS I bought had the car bought back by Audi from brake squealing. No functional issue. By the time I'd purchased the car the issue was fixed by Audi and the car was completely mint.

I saved about $5k on the price from other comparable TTRS for sale at the time. I had the car 4 years, and never an issue of any kind with the car. When I sold it.. I sold it for $4-5k less than other comparable TTRS. So in the end I lost nothing, I just paid less for the car. I was able to sell the car in 2 weeks, with zero hassle to get it sold. There was no downside here at all.