Fourtitude.com - School Me; 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    1. 09-06-2019 05:32 PM #51
      Rev hang ? Did someone say rev hang ? Folks, you haven't experienced what proper rev hang feels like until you have driven current gen WRX. You will not be disappointed. I promise.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2014 Corolla 6MT, 2017 Golf
      09-07-2019 04:42 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by BUJonathan View Post
      The "rev hang" is there to minimize emissions during engine transients. If you were to suddenly snap the throttle closed, it can cause transient rich and/or lean conditions. You can also get some unburnt fuel pulled out of the ring land area, increasing emissions. The rev hang allows you to smooth that transition out.

It isn't specific to drive-by-wire cars... it's just easier with drive-by-wire cars. Many mechanical throttle cars have idle air control systems which either actuate the throttle plate directly, or bypass air around the throttle. These could be used on mechanical throttle cars to implement the same rev hang.
      I had no rev hang issues with my cable actuated throttle on my 2000 MK4 Jetta 2.slow. Also, those who have the 2005 gen Corolla XRS with cable actuated throttle do not have that issue as well. Not doubting what you said but some Euro versions of the same manuals we get here in the US also don’t have this rev hang despite being drive by wire. Rev hang was implemented in US spec manuals to reduce fuel runoff when suddenly lifting the throttle. It was easier to implement in DBW throttles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars
      '17 Subaru Legacy Sport
      09-07-2019 11:22 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Vier View Post
      I had no rev hang issues with my cable actuated throttle on my 2000 MK4 Jetta 2.slow. Also, those who have the 2005 gen Corolla XRS with cable actuated throttle do not have that issue as well. Not doubting what you said but some Euro versions of the same manuals we get here in the US also don’t have this rev hang despite being drive by wire. Rev hang was implemented in US spec manuals to reduce fuel runoff when suddenly lifting the throttle. It was easier to implement in DBW throttles.

Thank you for repeating what I wrote....
      =

Cars
      '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      09-07-2019 11:37 AM #54
      Just posting to say that I love the Accord, especially the last few generations.

MIL has previous gen 2.4L with CVT, still love the Honda goodness - powerful, fuel efficient engine, more chassis balance & handling than you'd expect in a mid-size family sedan.

If I really was going to get one I would seriously look at retrofitting LSD from Si/CTR. And a Hondata or Burger tune.
      Current: '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      Past/Sold: '13 Evo, '08 Si, '12 Mustang GT, '03 Evo VIII, '01 Golf 1.8T

6. Member
      Cars
      2014 Corolla 6MT, 2017 Golf
      09-07-2019 01:51 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by BUJonathan View Post
      Thank you for repeating what I wrote....
      It wasn’t exactly cut and paste. I did mention cars that didn’t have it.

7. Member
      09-07-2019 04:01 PM #56
      So I went ahead and went for it. Got a great offer and deal for it and after driving it a second time for longer I loved how it drove, the room and it just felt like a fun and complete car for me. Picking it up tuesday. 2019 Sport, 6MT

2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T Manual
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro
      1999 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition

8. Member
      09-07-2019 07:49 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Mooha View Post
      So I went ahead and went for it. Got a great offer and deal for it and after driving it a second time for longer I loved how it drove, the room and it just felt like a fun and complete car for me. Picking it up tuesday. 2019 Sport, 6MT

Congrats - I'm trying to talk my wife into one of these, one of the best values around IMO.

9. Junior Member
      Cars
      2015 VW CC Sport 6spd MT
      09-07-2019 11:44 PM #58
      Welcome to the club! I've had mine 5 months and I still love it like the first day I brought it home. You can have a party in the back seat, and it crushes freeway on-ramps.

The head unit is great, but it sounds pretty crap. Only legitimate flaw I can think of. I rectified that pretty quickly and easily.

10. 09-08-2019 09:56 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      I don't know all the parameters, but basically when I accelerate in 1st gear and try to shift between 19-21 mph, the system locks me out of 2nd gear and tries to force me into 4th. It's not smooth, and I find myself fighting for a gear - usually at the point when I need the acceleration the most. Super frustrating.
      The Chevrolet cars have a plug that eliminates it

Cars
      2017 BMW i3, 2018 Clarity, 2019 Model 3 Performance
      09-09-2019 12:57 AM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Mooha View Post

Last edited by Tommietank; 09-09-2019 at 01:02 AM.
      Slow Car Fast

12. Member
      Cars
      '18 Honda Accord 2.0 manual | '19 Tundra TRD Sport | '17 X3 35i
      09-09-2019 05:50 AM #61
      Congrats OP I love mine!

I have been driving manuals for 30 years and this one is fine, contrary to the YouTube review mentioned earlier in this thread. Could the throws be shorter and tighter? No doubt and can be improved if desired: www.acuityinstruments.com

As far as the size goes, the interior is huge, second row leg room is impressive. The exterior is shorter in both length and height, along with being wider and lighter than the previous generation Accord.

Enjoy the ride!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

13. Member
      09-11-2019 10:34 AM #62
      Got it home! Few quick cell pics;

Very excited to be back in a manual car and expect to have alot of fun driving this one.
      2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T Manual
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro
      1999 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition

Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      09-11-2019 01:40 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
      The Chevrolet cars have a plug that eliminates it
      Yeah. There's one for Mopars as well. I'm going to buy one and have it installed during my next oil change.

https://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/izm993.htm
      Quote Originally Posted by Col. David Crockett
      I told the people of my district, that, if they saw fit to re-elect me, I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but, if not, they might go to Hell, and I would go to Texas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123