VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

EPC light and limp mode in drive, but idles fine and runs well >2500 rpm

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  federal8valve 
#1 ·
Hello,

A couple days ago the EPC light came on and the check engine light started flashing shortly after I started driving my 2012 Eos. The car started shaking, particularly when I tried to accelerate, but I was an hour from home so I had some time to do some troubleshooting. I learned the following:
- The car idles fine in neutral. no shakes, no weird noises, you would never know there is a problem
- The car runs well >2500 rpm in sport mode or in the semi-automatic mode. If the car had a manual transmission, I think it would be totally fine.
- Driving in semi-automatic mode, it has trouble getting going from stopped, and shifting into second gear is a bit rough. Shifting to higher gears at 2500-3000 rpm is no problem and the car runs smoothly on the highway as long as you don't put it in drive.
- It also runs fine in reverse.
- It never stalled

Later my ODB2 scanner gave the following codes as "pending." The codes are about mis-firing which would make sense because it is fine at high rpm, but then I would have thought it would idle rough.
P0300
P0301
P0303
P0002

My forum searches have lead me all over the place, since the EPC light can mean a number of things, but most others seem to have rough idling or trouble at high rpms, which is the opposite of my case. I think there is just a sensor that is confused but I am not sure how to diagnose which sensor. Has anyone experienced a situation like this?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.