I recently aquired my first AR! It is a 2003 in Kobalt Blue Metallic (LOVE this color) and I have been working on getting it to 100%.
Issues it had when I got it:
1) AC does not blow cold
2) coolant temp gauge on dash not workings (Fixed - bad coolant temp sensor)
3) Long cranking when warm (I know it is fuel related as if you turn it over, stop then do it again it starts right up. Fuel filter in the mail, going to inspect pump also)
4) Passenger side windows slow going up and choose to go down a bit (fixing this weekend, going to regrease the guides)
5) Right front wheel thudding (tire has flat spot, going to get some all terrain 235 50 17s for it)
I am getting some codes in braking in VAGCOM but cant really comprehend them. Im going to do a full brake/suspension inspection this weekend.
Also when the AR is in level 1 or 2 and the car is off, air slowly leaks out of the drivers front airbag. in Levels 3 and 4 it does not, and when the car is running no issues...
OK so AC is what I am working on right now and I need some assistance. Here is what I know:
1) AC manifolds hooked up with car running low pressure side = 50 psi. High pressure side = 50 psi.
2) All fans turn on when AC is on (eco mode off)
3) AC diag codes i cant really understand (dont match what searching says they should be) from left to right displays show 0 51
4) AC compressor green power feed line (from ac relay) has 13.7v when AC is on, and 200mv when off. Jumping power when car is off to clutch (uplugging green power and giving it direct 12V no clicking or engaging)
I am leaning towards the clutch being stuck or bad, but wouldnt that throw a code?
Thanks for the help