Fourtitude.com - Help please car wont shift
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 08-14-2019 11:00 PM #1
      Car wont shift normal
      Hi so we purchased a 2004 vw jetta with the 2.0 for $500. car runs flawlessly but dorsnt shift right as to why they got rid of it. They asked for 1000 i gave them 500 and they took it. So heres my issue when in drive car is stuck in 2nd gear. I csn shift manually first to second and shifts fine. But when i shift it into 3rd it does nothing. Now if i shift it for 1st to 2nd and then drive snd get the car up to about 4k rpm it will shift into 3rd but that is it no 4th at all. I cant seem to figure it out. I havent replaced anything yet. It does show codes P0722, P0102, P0420, P0732, P0722, P0715 in in that order. Also previous owner said eps light is on when i got it it did not come on until about 10 miles down the road. Pleasd any help will be awesome as this will be my wifes car for taking kids to school and back. Thank you and God bless

Update replace the input sensor and throttle body still with nothing. Also i noticed even if i take negative off of battery for some time. When i hook it back up it still has chdck engine light like it wont go away please help

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 08-21-2019 02:06 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Gregge15 View Post
      Car wont shift normal
      Hi so we purchased a 2004 vw jetta with the 2.0 for $500. car runs flawlessly but dorsnt shift right as to why they got rid of it. They asked for 1000 i gave them 500 and they took it. So heres my issue when in drive car is stuck in 2nd gear. I csn shift manually first to second and shifts fine. But when i shift it into 3rd it does nothing. Now if i shift it for 1st to 2nd and then drive snd get the car up to about 4k rpm it will shift into 3rd but that is it no 4th at all. I cant seem to figure it out. I havent replaced anything yet. It does show codes P0722, P0102, P0420, P0732, P0722, P0715 in in that order. Also previous owner said eps light is on when i got it it did not come on until about 10 miles down the road. Pleasd any help will be awesome as this will be my wifes car for taking kids to school and back. Thank you and God bless

Update replace the input sensor and throttle body still with nothing. Also i noticed even if i take negative off of battery for some time. When i hook it back up it still has chdck engine light like it wont go away please help
      The first I would do is replace the transmission speed sensor. The would lead to the incorrect gear 2 ratio hence the p0732 code, and your p0722 code.
      p0715 - transmission speed sensor

P0102 - Replace the mass airflow sensor
      p0420 - You got to check your oxygen sensors if they are within specs, if not replace them. If they are then the cat needs to be replaced.