Fourtitude.com - Darwin seeking fresh souls in Raleigh, North Carolina... riding in the back of pickup...
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Cars
      '18 RCSB EB F150
      08-14-2019 11:14 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by hasnfefr View Post
      I have seen things blow out of a truck bed. I have never seen anything get ejected out of a truck bed just going down the freeway. How bad is everyone's highways man? I live in Ohio and they suck and I haven't seen that. Getting in an accident is a whole other issue though. So is getting struck by lighting, or someone not paying attention and pulling out in front of a motorcycle. Life a a calculated risk. Don't hurt anyone else and take your chances as you see fit.
      It's not that uncommon to have to slam on the brakes and even swerve sometimes when traffic gets crazy.
      Yes life is dangerous.
      But there is a decided line you cross when you sunbathe in the bed of moving truck on the highway.
      Lightning is dangerous and can strike anywhere, but that doesn't mean you aren't a total morAn for running around on a hill holding a Lightning Rod during a storm.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '18 Mazda CX-5
      08-14-2019 11:16 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      This is why everyone needs to take and pass a basic physics class before getting a driver's license.
      or an IQ test

4. Member
      Cars
      2019 VW Arteon SEL Prem R-line
      08-14-2019 11:45 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by hasnfefr View Post
      I have seen things blow out of a truck bed. I have never seen anything get ejected out of a truck bed just going down the freeway. How bad is everyone's highways man? I live in Ohio and they suck and I haven't seen that. Getting in an accident is a whole other issue though. So is getting struck by lighting, or someone not paying attention and pulling out in front of a motorcycle. Life a a calculated risk. Don't hurt anyone else and take your chances as you see fit.
      Come to Florida if you want to find some of the largest and most diverse road debris in the world. Things come out of the back of pickup trucks daily here, and I've encountered all kinds of stuff on Florida highways, as large as LaZBoy chairs and king matresses to small and deadly hand and power tools. Pool floats, manufactured home parts, roof tiles, truck tires, 5-foot palm fronds, 2x4s, PVC plumbing pipe, rebar, trash bags filled with things of varying hardness and randomness, broken bits of cinder blocks. Some parts of Florida's highways, especially down in the Dade county region, can be like slalom courses.

And yeah, Florida has pickup bed riders on highways too:
      https://www.wkrg.com/northwest-flori...ed-hit-by-car/

Though only a 1/2 point to Florida, since they originated from Alabama.
      _____
      Justin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12