Fourtitude.com - Stunning: Acura Type S Concept debuts...can it save Acura???
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
      Cars
      Audi S3, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      08-15-2019 12:22 PM #101
      Looks like Type S Concept was the next gen TLX after all:

We’re sure you all remember that stunning Acura Type S Concept from yesterday. Acura said it’s meant to influence the next-gen TLX’s design, and lo and behold, here is the next-gen TLX. Of course, Acura has no intentions of letting us see the production car anytime soon, so we’re treated to a heavily cladded prototype in the photos here.

Looking at it in profile, the camouflaged car looks a whole lot like the Type S Concept we saw yesterday. The short rear overhang is similar, but the front of the production car looks like it hangs out over the front wheels a little further – it still shares the concept's overall long-hood/short-deck proportions, though. The roof tapers down into the decklid at a shallow angle, similar to the concept car. We’re sad to see the same quad exhaust isn’t protruding from the rear bumper of this tester. Instead, it gets a dual exhaust with wide, rectangular outlets on both sides. We think the car we’re looking at here is likely a regular TLX, and not the spicy Type S variant most likely seen last year.

There’s one interior photo our shooter was able to snag, showing a similar infotainment screen as that used in the new RDX, something we fully expect for the production car. That touchpad system is far superior to Acura infotainment systems of the past, but it still isn’t perfect. An analog tachometer is visible off to the left, indicating that the regular TLX trims probably won't introduce a fully digital instrument cluster. Not that we'd expect that; even the new RDX maintains analog gauges in its top spec.

However the TLX story plays out, it won’t hurt if the production car looks just like the well-received Type S Concept. It’s unclear how long we’ll have to wait to see the car in full, but we'll keep you posted.
      https://www.autoblog.com/2019/08/14/...#slide-2160961
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      08-15-2019 12:30 PM #102
      Hope it is smaller than the camo indicates. Mine is just a hair bigger than I'd like. My G37 was shorter, RWD and roomier inside so hopefully they can package this more efficiently and maintain its good looks.

Cars
      '18 RCSB EB F150
      08-15-2019 12:35 PM #103
      It says much about the current state of Acura when a concept that looks like a sedan version of a decade old affordable Chevy coupe is seen as a big improvement.
      Last edited by BRealistic; 08-15-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      08-15-2019 01:22 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Hope it is smaller than the camo indicates. Mine is just a hair bigger than I'd like. My G37 was shorter, RWD and roomier inside so hopefully they can package this more efficiently and maintain its good looks.
      Was driving the wife's CRV this weekend instead of my TLX and the difference in turning radius was very noticable. But the TLX wins out on the highway for sure

6. 08-15-2019 02:00 PM #105
      We already know pretty much what the production version should look like. Acura themselves mistakenly put the images out there in a gps update or something . . .

7. Member
      Cars
      Fancy Accord, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      08-15-2019 02:45 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      In what way did the G37 have more room? you talking about shoulder room up front or something? IIRC it's no contest that the TLX has more room in back right? I know our TL is ridiculously roomy pretty much all around, but it is a big car.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Was driving the wife's CRV this weekend instead of my TLX and the difference in turning radius was very noticable. But the TLX wins out on the highway for sure
      Yeah, big transverse V6 (or the need to support one) + wheelbase will do that to ya. for whatever reason I haven't been caught out in mine though, I seem to be able to make whatever turns I need to in the thing.

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      08-15-2019 05:29 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      Yeah, big transverse V6 (or the need to support one) + wheelbase will do that to ya. for whatever reason I haven't been caught out in mine though, I seem to be able to make whatever turns I need to in the thing.
      I'd be curious how the 4ws handles. Not worth sacrificing the SH-AWD or the v6 power though.

Cars
      2014 Cappuccino shawty, 2016 White Panda
      08-15-2019 05:56 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      In what way did the G37 have more room? you talking about shoulder room up front or something? IIRC it's no contest that the TLX has more room in back right? I know our TL is ridiculously roomy pretty much all around, but it is a big car.

Most noticeable in tight u turns and backing out of tight spaces in garages. I think itd be worse if i had a rwd car before
      Quote Originally Posted by konigwheels View Post
      Wow, it amazes me that we have children in here that can't read a couple paragraphs. No wonder America's doing so well in education! Can't take the time to read, but sure can find the time to post. Self indulgence at it's finest.

TL;DR should be banned and changed to ID;CR or I'm dumb, can't read.

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      08-15-2019 10:36 PM #109
      @stevenewing: More views. Type S! https://twitter.com/stevenewing/stat...754048/photo/1

Acura should definitely be proud of this thing. I know it’s just a concept, but 2 door?

11. 08-16-2019 11:37 AM #110
      So no one has posted the leaked next gen Acura TLX that this car is supposed to represent?

Cars
      08-16-2019 11:45 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by tejlab View Post
      So no one has posted the leaked next gen Acura TLX that this car is supposed to represent?

[img]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazine.com-vbulletin/1300x488/tgy_ids_personal_ceb6fe392ec833cbfd9590bdd3790af8f c476e21.png[/]
      [img]https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazine.com-vbulletin/1300x488/tgy_ids_comfort_839f8a69a424bfdcdcd6fe78f34eee3e4b 859752.png[/]
      [img]https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazine.com-vbulletin/1300x488/tgy_ids_normal_f9c7dd7cfd7ae76cbd9c75599e7a0299b81 ca4c4.png[/]
      I think someone posted these when they came out but its probably on page 10 by now of the forum lol

the main design appears intact, like the TLX concept we lost the 30" wheels and no gap plus the razer thin mirrors. And if they are consistent that awesome blue will be nowhere to be seen.

On ToV people keep hoping for longitudinal V6 but it looks to be the usual transverse config from the pics. I would need at least a modification of the 8DCT to even consider this at least for the TypeS. The V6T will im betting be around the infinitis, though in the past acura has always been just slightly below Hopefully they prove me wrong and give us over 400hp lol
      Wow, it amazes me that we have children in here that can't read a couple paragraphs. No wonder America's doing so well in education! Can't take the time to read, but sure can find the time to post. Self indulgence at it's finest.

08-16-2019 02:39 PM #112
      @stevenewing: More views. Type S! https://twitter.com/stevenewing/stat...754048/photo/1

Acura should definitely be proud of this thing. I know it’s just a concept, but 2 door?
      Nice, I like these 2 shots:

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      08-16-2019 03:07 PM #113
      The Acura Type S is a sporty concept car that previews the next-generation TLX sedan. Expected to arrive next year as a 2021 model, the new TLX will offer a Type S performance model with a turbocharged V-6.
      https://www.caranddriver.com/news/am...ype-s-concept/

15. 08-16-2019 05:06 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Guy Legend View Post

I like it. That front end is as out there as Lexus is but it looks better than the Predator face.

Cars
      2015 Chevy SS
      08-16-2019 09:22 PM #115

Very nice! Really like the color too.

17. 08-16-2019 11:11 PM #116
      Tailights look like the ILX refresh Just cant get excited for this thing. Give me an accord sport it looks just as "expensive" as this

Cars
      08-17-2019 12:13 AM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Tailights look like the ILX refresh Just cant get excited for this thing. Give me an accord sport it looks just as "expensive" as this
      Lol sadly this is true...i was behind a new ilx tonight. Very similar

19. Member
      Cars
      small car that does it all, incredibly reliable too
      08-17-2019 11:59 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Dang it! Should've made a poll. It's a ROZAP.
      Doesn't bother me, especially since this is new to me. Otherwise it almost looks like a 4 door Camaro. Problem is it's a concept so you can be sure it will look pretty plain if it ever hits the showrooms.

20. Member
      Cars
      08-17-2019 12:36 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      If you just want to look rich get the newest E or S Class you can afford

An Accord Sport ain't gonna have SH-AWD or a turbo 6... if you enjoy performance that's enough justification to jump

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Cars
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      08-17-2019 01:39 PM #120

Looks like the side has enough lines to be a 4 door to me.

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      08-17-2019 02:21 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Looks like the side has enough lines to be a 4 door to me.
      Yes, definitely from the side perspective it’s a 4 door with no handles

23. Member
      Cars
      small car that does it all, incredibly reliable too
      08-17-2019 04:09 PM #122
      Yes, definitely from the side perspective it’s a 4 door with no handles
      No surprise there, designers don't like the whole idea of adding door handles and exterior mirrors. Most of the time mirrors are quite small on concepts.

Cars
      2018 Tesla Model 3, 1988 BMW M5
      08-17-2019 07:07 PM #123

Remember when Mercedes talked about removing lines/creases/bends/folds/points to get to a better design? I spent 5 minutes in Photoshop removing some unnecessary crap. Does the car suffer for it? Car stylists should start looking at less instead of adding more and more to cover up their lack of originality.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Mercedes typically makes awful manual transmissions and fantastic auto transmissions. Choosing the stick would be like saying, "Y'know, that Natalie Portman is pretty hot, but if she grew some hair on her legs and had a dong, she'd be just right."
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Was it parked on the curb on garbage day?

25. 08-17-2019 07:10 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by rlfletch View Post

Remember when Mercedes talked about removing lines/creases/bends/folds/points to get to a better design? I spent 5 minutes in Photoshop removing some unnecessary crap. Does the car suffer for it? Car stylists should start looking at less instead of adding more and more to cover up their lack of originality.
      Yeah but Mercedes does make some ugly cars and seem to love the "vent" face too

26. Member
      Cars
      08-17-2019 08:20 PM #125
      Am I missing something, or did you change nothing but 2 creases on the bumper?

Reminds me of when P. Diddy took production credits for adding a random bicycle bell to a song. Rap cred points to anyone who can name it

But yea the car looks fine. Def curious to see what is lost in translation to production form.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast