Fourtitude.com - Stunning: Acura Type S Concept debuts...can it save Acura???
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
      Blog Entries
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      08-14-2019 01:05 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      Your response is so daft I question if it's sarcasm.

I'm only stating that the only options for a manual lux sedan are as follows: A $37k 6.6s 0-60 Genesis G70 or a $70k+ M3.

That's it.

It's not unreasonable to assume this will be in the $45k - 55k range and likely have around 300-400hp. A manual (which Honda does quite well) would place it smack dab in between the only two other options for...a manual lux sedan.

God forbid I express a little optimism about a car and company that I've never owned.
      There's no reason for optimism (or strong pecemissm). We see a concept vehicle and have no details on the production version. I'll eat my shoe if honda allows a manual transmission in the type s. This will offer the identical value proposition as every other acura sedan in the past. That it could be nice looking won't do much one way or another.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Manual Avant
      08-14-2019 01:06 PM #77
      Acura is just fine because the MDX and RDX carry the brand quite easily. the TLX and ILX appeal to some, and the NSX is for well.... no one now that the C8 corvette is coming out.

Cars
      Manual Avant
      08-14-2019 01:09 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      There's no reason for optimism (or strong pecemissm). We see a concept vehicle and have no details on the production version. I'll eat my shoe if honda allows a manual transmission in the type s. This will offer the identical value proposition as every other acura sedan in the past. That it could be nice looking won't do much one way or another.

I would personally love a manual, but there is ZERO reason Acura should make one. the market has moved on, and in typical honda/acura fashion, they are taking there sweet old time reacting.

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      08-14-2019 01:12 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Yea that was a silly post; not sure how driving a 12 year old Acura = fake rich, almost seems like the opposite.
      I didn't mention anything about fake rich, I said it's weird that some dude has his nose up in the air about driving a "low end fake rich Mercedes" (what he said) when he drives a twelve year old wanna-be luxury brand. Pointy elbows, and all that.

6. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      08-14-2019 01:31 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I didn't mention anything about fake rich, I said it's weird that some dude has his nose up in the air about driving a "low end fake rich Mercedes" (what he said) when he drives a twelve year old wanna-be luxury brand. Pointy elbows, and all that.
      We don't know what the circumstances of him getting that Acura were, but odds are it was not to project an air of wealth.

We do know the CLA has cemented its reputation as a cheap and somewhat desperate way to get behind the wheel of something with a (glow in the dark) 3 pointed star on the grille. I don't think one has to drive an internet approved car to make such an observation.

Cars
      2014 Cappuccino shawty, 2016 White Panda
      08-14-2019 01:34 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettavr666 View Post
      Acura is just fine because the MDX and RDX carry the brand quite easily. the TLX and ILX appeal to some, and the NSX is for well.... no one now that the C8 corvette is coming out.
      Id even argue the revenue brought in is in that order. The nsx imo didnt do anything...they really shouldve worked on a normal sports car in the 50-70k range (supra range lol).
      Quote Originally Posted by konigwheels View Post
      Wow, it amazes me that we have children in here that can't read a couple paragraphs. No wonder America's doing so well in education! Can't take the time to read, but sure can find the time to post. Self indulgence at it's finest.

TL;DR should be banned and changed to ID;CR or I'm dumb, can't read.

Cars
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      08-14-2019 01:36 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post
      Looks like a japanese camaro sedan... but in like the best way possible.

come on honda. 3.0T + 6MT = 1 sale.
      My sister is in and twice on sunday. She is babying her TSX to keep it going until the new line drops.

This is gorgeous.
      たくさんとうふ、よ Where did all these damn Toyotas come from?
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!
      nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, kuhlBRZ

9. Member
      08-14-2019 01:51 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Living in SoCal, I see plenty of CLA around here with “nose up in the air” like you said. And I just not a fan if the cla even the amg version, so i don’t want to buy it even though I definitely can( not bragging btw). I certainly dont consider a 12 yr old Acura a luxury brand. I bought it because I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 TL-S
      2000 NSX

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      08-14-2019 01:53 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      We don't know what the circumstances of him getting that Acura were, but odds are it was not to project an air of wealth.

We do know the CLA has cemented its reputation as a cheap and somewhat desperate way to get behind the wheel of something with a (glow in the dark) 3 pointed star on the grille. I don't think one has to drive an internet approved car to make such an observation.
      Quote Originally Posted by RicN View Post
      Living in SoCal, I see plenty of CLA around here with “nose up in the air” like you said. And I just not a fan if the cla even the amg version, so i don’t want to buy it even though I definitely can( not bragging btw). I certainly dont consider a 12 yr old Acura a luxury brand. I bought it because I liked it.

I'm not lumping the AMG version in with the fake rich version, maybe that's the disconnect. I would imagine the A/CLA45 will be equal in cost or perhaps even more expensive than a mid level C class, which nobody would call fake rich.

Cars
      2017 STI
      08-14-2019 02:05 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      It sure does. I mean, look at their current offering:

And look at ILX:

I think this new sedan (albeit just a sedan) looks really good compared to current Acura sedans.
      To be honest, I think Acura has fixed the ugly front end problem with their recent cars. TSX, ILX, RDX all look good now. This new "Type S" concept looks pretty similar to these, just add the side lower kink of the RDX and throw a BMW M sport front bumper on it. But anyways. No, it doesn't look revolutionary or breathtaking or stunning, it looks sharp and modern, but that could be said of their existing cars anyway. Its derivative of their existing styling.

I'm more interested to hear about the powertrain and interior updates. If the V6 turbo is a thing or not. If they give it the touch pad thing. Etc. By all accounts the RDX is a great vehicle, would be nice to see Acura really step up the game and make an awesome driver's car and bring back some of the zing that has been missing for so long in their lineup.
      I like bikes.
      Gone: 2010 VW GTI

Cars
      Audi S3, BMW 3er GT, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      08-14-2019 02:16 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by johnny_p View Post
      To be honest, I think Acura has fixed the ugly front end problem with their recent cars. TSX, ILX, RDX all look good now. This new "Type S" concept looks pretty similar to these, just add the side lower kink of the RDX and throw a BMW M sport front bumper on it. But anyways. No, it doesn't look revolutionary or breathtaking or stunning, it looks sharp and modern, but that could be said of their existing cars anyway. Its derivative of their existing styling.
      I think ILX and TSX (I'm sure you meant TLX) looks okay. It's an LCI, and they did the best that they could've for an LCI.

This new design is very handsome and aggressive than both ILX and TLX, while staying cohesive within Acura design language imho.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

13. Member
      Cars
      Fancy Accord, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      08-14-2019 02:26 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by johnny_p View Post
      Look past the front end. the fender and side surfacing looks amazing to me. I'm encouraged by the fact that the infotainment leaks that appear to show the new production models are close to these. Feels like a more muscular evolution of the 10th generation accord styling queues. It's really well resolved all over, from the overall shape and proportions to the detailing (the exposed CF as a chrome replacement is pretty inspired IMO).

Even the greenhouse suggests more than a FWD or FWD-based-AWD proportion, only let down by the prestige gap. the more I look at this car the more I like it. the only real issue I have with is the way the lines/shapes on the edge of the hood resolve with the front fenders, but some of that might just be lighting. Also plz keep the pillarless side glass on the production version (hint, they won't).

14. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      08-14-2019 02:26 PM #88
      Would be funny if Acura became all the things Mazda was and wants to be (premium brand with cars that are fun to drive)

But Honda has always had excellent engineering and bones... they have just been inconsistent in design and putting all the pieces together.

Big question mark for me is you can only put so much torque through a transverse transmission with a lot of gears. Though I guess Ford has figured something out. In any case I think it would be really cool if they leaned more on the hybrid tech. Keep SH-AWD, but add torque-vectoring regen to the front wheels and an electric motor to add to the engine torque to the vectored rear wheels. Keep it all under like 3800lb and it could be something interesting and efficient.

Cars
      e92, LS1 S30, mk2 GTi vr6
      08-14-2019 03:27 PM #89
      nice accord

16. Member
      Cars
      2015 Mazda 6... for now
      08-14-2019 03:55 PM #90
      Very nice. Would love to see what this ends up looking like in production form. A TLX Type S would be relevant to my interests.

Cars
      Various POSes in good mechanical condition
      08-14-2019 04:01 PM #91
      Too bad there's no DWB suspension.. CLA A3 and 1-series are gonna eat this thing's lunch.
      "No manual, no care."

Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      It wasn't just about the top of the dash. Or stroking it. It was just the overall feel inside the cabin. Everything was fine until you looked at the dashboard.

Cars
      2015 Chevy SS
      08-14-2019 04:08 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post

So, as you said, there are no real details on the production version, however you are pecemisstic (sic) about its value proposition?

I’ll take things a badge snob would say for 50 Alex.

Cars
      Manual Avant
      08-14-2019 04:08 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by gti5dr06 View Post
      Id even argue the revenue brought in is in that order. The nsx imo didnt do anything...they really shouldve worked on a normal sports car in the 50-70k range (supra range lol).
      thats very fair, but I dont think that ANYONE expected the C8 to ACTUALLY come in at 60k or under.

When GM built the C8 with a close to 500hp v8, mid engine, 8 spd dual clutch design STOCK. the effectively undercut every other car in the market cost wise by 1/2 to 2/3. The engineering on the C8 alone is phenomenal, and despite it being more chassis tech, it kills the NSX. with its advanced engine and hybrid system.

Long story short the C8 dropped the ball on every other "supercar" this side of million dollar boutique models. and you know what? &%* YEAH go GM!!!!!!!!!!!

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      08-14-2019 04:14 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by NoXenons View Post
      Too bad there's no DWB suspension.. CLA A3 and 1-series are gonna eat this thing's lunch.
      TLX is much bigger than any of those mentioned. ILX would be the competition for those in theory

21. 08-14-2019 07:28 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by GTijoejoe View Post
      There is a handful of super ignorant posts in this thread so far and its only page 2.

We know very few things about the FMC TLX, and only what is posted in this concept reveal for Type S... but already its obviously based off the Accord, it has nothing special over the base model for features/performance, and it will have mild bump in power, or will be the RDX powertrain

Literally the definition of hating.
      You and your gig employment millennial friends have absolutely no idea what "hate" means, yet you throw it around like tennis balls at Wimbledon at anything you personally don't like.
      Quote Originally Posted by seanmcd72
      You are like the new Nightshift1983 of this forum dude. Just keep your fingers off the keyboard unless you have something valuable to say

Cars
      2012 A6 3.0T, 2013 BMW 128i
      08-14-2019 08:15 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
      You and your gig employment millennial friends have absolutely no idea what "hate" means, yet you throw it around like tennis balls at Wimbledon at anything you personally don't like.
      Wow man hating on stereotypes of millenials is soooo cool.

23. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      08-14-2019 08:18 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by Shmi View Post
      Wow man hating on stereotypes of millenials is soooo cool.
      Not to mention his username makes it seem like he was born in 1991...
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Cars
      2012 A6 3.0T, 2013 BMW 128i
      08-14-2019 08:18 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      Not to mention his username makes it seem like he was born in 1991...
      exactly what I was thinking

Cars
      2015 Chevy SS
      08-14-2019 08:41 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
      Is it safe to say that you hate it when people do that?

Cars
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      08-14-2019 09:55 PM #100
      Best looking Acura sedan since the TL from 04-08. I have no doubt they'll offer this in a manual. I only hope they don't dilute it too much.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast