Fourtitude.com - Let the manual transmission die
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 390
    1. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      41,267
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      08-13-2019 04:34 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post


      K, no but really, what level of high school are you in?
      C'mon. GolfStrom graduated (or dropped out) years ago!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      6,648
      Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      08-13-2019 04:36 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      However with a few exceptions you walk in to the typical US $tealership and they will do anything NOT to special order a vehicle for you.
      They discourage this at all times at most US stores, although it isn't as unusual at high end brands stores.
      This statement proves you have no idea what you're talking about, as stated by everyone in the thread. Its obvious you are trolling.

      My VERY first statement to someone who wanted a stick when we sold them was to order it as I do not keep them in stock. Half the time they convince themselves they dont want to wait and buy an automatic. Guess what happened with the other half???


      Last year I ordered 3 manual A5s. They sat for 7 months each until other dealers, all over the country finally took them off my hands. I want nothing to do with something most people do not want to buy. My goal is to move them out as fast as possible. Not hold my breath for the one guy in the are to buy this specific car.


      And when he does come in, do you think Im going to actually make money on a car, that he knows has been sitting for 7 months???


      Move on, you do not know what you are talking about.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    4. 08-13-2019 04:55 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post


      Move on, you do not know what you are talking about.
      Your reading comprehension is poor, reread what my post mentioned, then come back and acknowledge you do not know what you are talking about.

    5. Member Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      6,648
      Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      08-13-2019 04:57 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      Your reading comprehension is poor, reread what my post mentioned, then come back and acknowledge you do not know what you are talking about.
      I have read everything you have posted and have completely disagreed with everything you said, because you are wrong.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    6. Chili Bigot Seabird's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Posts
      19,161
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      08-13-2019 04:58 PM #105
      My Dodge was a special order that took about 6 weeks to arrive because I wanted... wait for it... a manual. The salesman that I worked with had no problem with it. There was no additional markup or dealer fee. There was no high pressure tactic to get me to take one already on the lot. As I recall, the biggest issue was that the shipment was delayed because of hail storms and flooding that came through the state.

      Now to be fair, there was enough buyer interest in my particular model that inventory wasn't stacking up. All that meant to me was that there weren't any discounts or incentives from the dealer to take anything out of existing stock. If there were several other cars on the lot in a color that I didn't like (black) or with an automatic, and the dealer was about to eat up the holdback money and offered me a couple of thousand off to take it off his hands, I might have done that.

      But I didn't *have* to. What so-called buyers like golfy, er... AC1DD fail to understand is that the discounts a dealer might give a buyer to clear out existing stock, won't apply to special orders.
      Quote Originally Posted by Col. David Crockett
      I told the people of my district, that, if they saw fit to re-elect me, I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but, if not, they might go to Hell, and I would go to Texas.

    7. 08-13-2019 05:15 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      However with a few exceptions you walk in to the typical US $tealership and they will do anything NOT to special order a vehicle for you.
      They discourage this at all times at most US stores, although it isn't as unusual at high end brands stores.
      Smooremin said:
      I have read everything you have posted and have completely disagreed with everything you said, because you are wrong.
      You must be a $stealership management genius, you never learn and never change.


      This is why the $tealership business model must be allowed to die as soon as possible.

    8. Member Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      6,648
      Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      08-13-2019 05:25 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      You must be a $stealership management genius, you never learn and never change.
      This is why the $tealership business model must be allowed to die as soon as possible.
      Thats right. Lets let someone, like you, who knows everything about everything come in and reinvent the wheel.


      My desk is open, come on over and take it.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    9. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2013
      Location
      Below the glide path to KAUS
      Posts
      11,766
      Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      08-13-2019 05:37 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      Your reading comprehension is poor, reread what my post mentioned, then come back and acknowledge you do not know what you are talking about.
      You have been wrong in almost every post you have made on this forum.
      Just give up troll. You are not fooling anyone.
      It is just pathetic now.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

    10. 08-13-2019 05:40 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Thats right. Lets let someone, like you, who knows everything about everything come in and reinvent the wheel.


      My desk is open, come on over and take it.

      I don't claim to be that smart. Elon already has the ball rolling along with some others, the faster the $tealership model dies the better.

    11. 08-13-2019 05:41 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      You have been wrong in almost every post you have made on this forum.
      Just give up troll. You are not fooling anyone.
      It is just pathetic now.
      Ah but you are the "Borg" of TCL so you must be wrong.

    12. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      41,267
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      08-13-2019 05:43 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      You have been wrong in almost every post you have made on this forum.
      Just give up troll. You are not fooling anyone.
      It is just pathetic now.
      I'm tellin' ya, that's GolfStrom. There is no learning from mistakes nor acceptance of being proven wrong. Ever.

      With the new website overlords I don't know if he'll get banned again or not, so it's best to ignore him.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    13. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2013
      Location
      Below the glide path to KAUS
      Posts
      11,766
      Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      08-13-2019 05:45 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      Ah but you are the "Borg" of TCL so you must be wrong.
      Why am I the borg?
      Just because you are wrong does not mean there is some conspiracy against you.
      Grow up and stop being willfully ignorant.
      It is extremely unbecoming and most people are fed up with your childish antics and understanding of simple topics.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

    14. Member The_Real_Stack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2016
      Location
      Arlington Heights, the center of the universe
      Posts
      1,593
      Cars
      AP1 and JLU
      08-13-2019 05:50 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      However with a few exceptions you walk in to the typical US $tealership and they will do anything NOT to special order a vehicle for you.
      They discourage this at all times at most US stores, although it isn't as unusual at high end brands stores.
      Either my Jeep is way more prestigious than I thought, or my Jeep dealer didn't get the memo, because he was happy to order me a vehicle, and even talked me out of settling for something more expensive on the lot.



      Orrrrr you don't know what you're talking about.
      Quote Originally Posted by Volkl View Post
      My wife wanted a SUV with a manual transmission. I suggested a Wrangler, she said no way, too masculine

    15. 08-13-2019 05:54 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Either my Jeep is way more prestigious than I thought, or my Jeep dealer didn't get the memo, because he was happy to order me a vehicle, and even talked me out of settling for something more expensive on the lot.



      Orrrrr you don't know what you're talking about.
      Most stores I've been in do NOT want to order, and have either flat out refused (even when offered a deposit!), or tried to get me to take whatever they had on the lot.
      I'm not alone many people I know have had the exact same experience in this regard.

    16. Moderator aar0n.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2004
      Location
      PNW
      Posts
      12,608
      Cars
      MK4 R32, 987.1 Cayman S
      08-13-2019 05:59 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      Most stores I've been in do NOT want to order, and have either flat out refused (even when offered a deposit!), or tried to get me to take whatever they had on the lot.
      I'm not alone many people I know have had the exact same experience in this regard.
      Maybe you rubbed all the people at the dealerships the wrong way, doesn't seem that unreasonable to think given how this thread has progressed
      The Car Lounge summed up

      Quote Originally Posted by Fined View Post
      lots of people who post on this forum are not car OR driving enthusiasts. they just come here and post tirades/smarmy comebacks


      Flickr™
      DubCult.

    17. 08-13-2019 06:06 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by aar0n. View Post
      Maybe you rubbed all the people at the dealerships the wrong way, doesn't seem that unreasonable to think given how this thread has progressed

      Nice to meet you since you are a moderator. As you can see I didn't respond in kind until I was dive bombed by a few here. I've noticed that if you have a different viewpoint than the majority there seems to be a rather obnoxious attitude that arises.

      I'll say that I've never been rude, curt, obnoxious in my dealings with any dealership store that would provoke that kind of response.
      I always treat people the same way I would like to be treated. These store sales and mgnt weren't obnoxious, rude, but they were firm in not wanting to order.

    18. Member Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      6,648
      Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      08-13-2019 06:31 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Stack View Post
      Either my Jeep is way more prestigious than I thought, or my Jeep dealer didn't get the memo, because he was happy to order me a vehicle, and even talked me out of settling for something more expensive on the lot.



      Orrrrr you don't know what you're talking about.
      You be quiet. You dont know what you are talking about because you are a human man who drives a car at night sometimes on a Tuesday.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    19. Member The A1 and A2 German's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 17th, 2002
      Location
      Tempe, AZ 85281
      Posts
      14,666
      Cars
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      08-13-2019 06:56 PM #118
      I the "But autos are faster argument." because it's a joke.

      Let's be brutally honest, 99% of the entire population is not sinking $10,000.....$25,000....$40,000+ into their vehicles to even begin with so the argument is mute while my manual will be faster then 99% of all the autos to begin with end of story period. Just like most people aren't dropping $2,000 of upgrades into their computers yet I am, so your base metrics mean squat with your "off the shelf" model.

      And for the fractional percentage who are dropping coin into an auto and best my manual....I'll state that if I was that hard up for straight speed then I'll ignore everything and jump straight to a 5sec ProMod for $80k: 2014 TMRC Pro/Mod Camaro for Sale in MOSCOW MILLS, MO | RacingJunk Classifieds
      https://www.racingjunk.com/Pro-Modif...od-Camaro.html

      No thanks, I'm willing to allow .5% of my same auto variant to be faster in exchange for the pleasure of being connected to the car and engagement.
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

    20. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2013
      Location
      Below the glide path to KAUS
      Posts
      11,766
      Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      08-13-2019 07:09 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      Nice to meet you since you are a moderator. As you can see I didn't respond in kind until I was dive bombed by a few here. I've noticed that if you have a different viewpoint than the majority there seems to be a rather obnoxious attitude that arises.

      I'll say that I've never been rude, curt, obnoxious in my dealings with any dealership store that would provoke that kind of response.
      I always treat people the same way I would like to be treated. These store sales and mgnt weren't obnoxious, rude, but they were firm in not wanting to order.
      That is because you are a known, banned multiple times, troll.
      You deserve no respect.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

    21. Member worth_fixing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Montreal, Qc
      Posts
      6,498
      Cars
      2014 Mazda3 Sport GS - 1982 Honda CB750K
      08-13-2019 08:32 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by YukonCornelius View Post
      I didn't read the article - but yes, let them die. Modern day automatics are so advanced, and there is such a finite period to truly enjoy a manual, that its silly. Unless its a track car or you live in an area with no traffic.

      I wonder all the people that say awww yeah save the manuals, woo woo, actually drive a manual, and have owned it for multiple years, and aren't tired of it.
      yes, i daily drive one and it's much better than the automatic alternative.
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/286588.png
      Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.

    22. Chili Bigot Seabird's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2002
      Location
      Secret underground lair with machine gun turrets
      Posts
      19,161
      Cars
      392+485=LOL
      08-13-2019 08:48 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      I'll say that I've never been rude, curt, obnoxious in my dealings with any dealership store that would provoke that kind of response.
      I always treat people the same way I would like to be treated. These store sales and mgnt weren't obnoxious, rude, but they were firm in not wanting to order.
      You're not well regarded here for a number of reasons, but chief among them for me is your lack of candor and seeming dishonesty. You are not transparent re your identity despite the fact that we sniff you out every single time. And your claims re your dealership experiences simply don’t align with the experiences of others. I have special-ordered 3 different vehicles from 3 different dealers and 3 different manufacturers:

      1) 2002 VW GTI 337 from Momentum VW Houston

      2) 2006 Mazda Miata Sport w LSD from Jeff Haas Mazda Houston

      3) 2015 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack from Texan Dodge Humble

      See? I can be very specific and transparent with my experiences. Never have I ever been told no. Every single time I paid a deposit and waited for the vehicle to arrive. This fictional narrative you’re trying to create about “$tealerships” refusing your attempts to give them money are simply absurd. That you’re trying to spin these tails as some proof of organizational control over our lives has worn threadbare.

      Just knock it off.

      *waits to be accused of secretly working for a $tealership*
      Quote Originally Posted by Col. David Crockett
      I told the people of my district, that, if they saw fit to re-elect me, I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but, if not, they might go to Hell, and I would go to Texas.

    23. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      10,812
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      08-13-2019 08:56 PM #122
      This thread makes me sad.
      Instagram - efrie004

      Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

    24. Member KevinC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Hereford, AZ
      Posts
      10,882
      Cars
      '16 Golf R, '08 Z4M Coupé
      08-13-2019 09:08 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      This. Also, ban OP and Hawc.
      OP already banned at GolfMk7.com for being a penis wrinkle.

      '16 Golf R 6MT
      '08 Z4 M Coupé

    25. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      10,812
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      08-13-2019 09:21 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      You be quiet. You dont know what you are talking about because you are a human man who drives a car at night sometimes on a Tuesday.
      Yeah, well you knew I wanted a white on red S4 and you wouldn't sell it to me.

      I'm tellin' you guys, this guy straight up does not listen to his customers!
      Instagram - efrie004

      Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

    26. Member child_in_time's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      1,367
      Cars
      Falschwagen
      08-13-2019 09:59 PM #125
      I say let them die already, number of cars on the road and everyday traffic makes driving a manual pain the ass...the other day I was stuck on a long on-ramp traffic jam and everybody in their automatics is creeping slowly and riding the brake, my somewhat tall 1st gear in my GTI made it impossible to move that slow at constant speed. So day after day, it gets ****ing old quickly for everyday driving...my problem is I still enjoy it when I get some open roads, so it’s like love-hate situation...should have just gotten the damn DSG.

    Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •