Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    1. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      05-29-2020 03:12 PM #276
      Glad you had a blast man!
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2017 Golf R DSG, 2017 Miata RF GT, 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
      05-29-2020 04:08 PM #277
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      Fourth event went alright. I mainly wanted to work on getting faster through the slaloms and will continue to do so at the next event, and thought I improved a little bit, otherwise I was there to have some fun and see how the new tune, chassis mount, adjust the rear antiroll, etc,, went. (Apparently staying at home makes me buy things)

Sxth absolutely killed it with the ecu tune, now I just gotta have a little more finesse with the throttle on corner exit. The LSD is definitely doing it's job and I'm not really breaking traction in this run as much as I did my first run.

I once again had problems with getting data synced to the video. In my app it works just fine but gets all messed up on export.
      IATs were pretty solid. They rushed us through grid the last few runs because a storm was coming, at the beginning of this run IATs were at 140 and by the end of the first slalom they were around 100, ambient was high 80s.

Last run and best time of the day:

Had a lot of fun and finished 5th in novice. I'm going to continue to work on slaloms and trusting my brakes a little more next event. I feel like I trust them less in a parking lot than I do on track, so time to push it.
      Awesome!!! I can't wait to see more N cars from Hyundai. The Koreans are killing it lately.

Cars
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      06-05-2020 10:27 AM #278
      Added a 3" midpipe to the exhaust. Couldn't pass up a pre-order group buy deal.

Car has a much more bass-y tone to it, is definitely louder, the burbles are much more noticeable, and the pops are hilarious now. I can no longer drive through the neighborhood between 9pm and 9am with the valve open.

Gonna start saving the pennies to get a larger FMIC and downpipe next. After that, I think I'll be satisfied with the engine mods for a while.

I also picked up this suspension controller. Mando is the OEM of the dampers and electronics, hoping that I can use it to adjust compression and rebound for a more aggressive setup similar to N mode. Right now, in N mode the compression is great but the rebound is awful.

Working on a couple sponsor deals, so I might get to tie the suspension controller with some springs to get some further improvements.
      Last edited by QUIRKiT; 06-05-2020 at 10:31 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Dreadz View Post
      This place is going to hell on a Thule roof rack.

5. 06-05-2020 07:51 PM #279
      Track battle -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FojZM4ZlehA

Review of the N w/ the 8 spd DCT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7z9p0oAyeA

Here's a track review of the (base) new Avante/Elantra (so, not particularly exciting), but shows what the next i30N will be working w/ respect to its bones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqJAtSgSXMA
      Last edited by CP1; 06-05-2020 at 07:54 PM.
      Why you wouldn’t (buy an Optima SX):

Because you have your eyes on the Frigidaire Limited Edition Camry that you saw last weekend at the neighborhood Autoplex
      - LeftLaneNews

6. 06-05-2020 08:12 PM #280
      Quote Originally Posted by CP1 View Post
      Review of the N w/ the 8 spd DCT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7z9p0oAyeA
      Oh hey, its the tall Korean guy. I got his second ever video upload in my feed about a year ago, man his subscribers have blown up! Always wondered how the algorithm works.

You can tell that even with the automatic, its still VERY exciting. Kidding aside, I hope Hyundai has finally figured out how to make their DCT reliable. Peeps were having slipping clutches way prematurely on other models.

7. 06-05-2020 08:28 PM #281
      ^ Helps being a wet as opposed to a dry DCT (altho that increases maintenance costs).
      Why you wouldn’t (buy an Optima SX):

Because you have your eyes on the Frigidaire Limited Edition Camry that you saw last weekend at the neighborhood Autoplex
      - LeftLaneNews

Cars
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      06-15-2020 12:39 PM #282
      Fifth event, ended up 2nd in a big novice class. First place smoked me by 1.4s, but to be fair, he bought a nationals winning, and well prepped, STR miata. Pretty pleased with mine and Harriet's performance, definitely more time to be gained, but I'm still learning.

I feel the car could use a little more rotation, I think adding the 4pt sub-chassis brace up front has made it a little too neutral so I'm going to change the rear anti-roll to it's stiffest setting before the next event.

Had an absolute blast, managed to hit no cones, and every single run I shaved a little bit more off my time. I was trying really hard in this run to get into the 45s but wasn't successful, I think if I had had another run or two I would have been able to do it. Gonna keep working on trusting the car more next time and see if I can gain some more speed.

9. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6, 2006 CR-V
      06-15-2020 01:06 PM #283
      Nice driving.

That thing handles that with ease.

I enjoy the hell out of your videos, so by all means, keep it up.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

10. Member
      Cars
      Evo VIII, BMW e12, XTerra
      06-15-2020 01:13 PM #284
      I probably missed it in an earlier post, but what tires are you running?

Cars
      Olga-vagon & Harriet
      06-15-2020 01:28 PM #285
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Nice driving.

That thing handles that with ease.

I enjoy the hell out of your videos, so by all means, keep it up.
      Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1.8t View Post
      I probably missed it in an earlier post, but what tires are you running?
      Falken RT615s in 245/40. Almost near the end of their life now, thinking about switching to the RT660s in a 255/35 when it comes time. Next year I would like to switch to an 18x8.5 wheel since I'm no longer running in street class.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112