VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Wastegate Actuator Help (EQT turbo project) - P0045 and P00AF codes

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Itiscoco 
#1 ·
Hey GTI siblings,

2015 Audi A3 owner here. Been working on an EQT Vortex big turbo build and cannot for the life of me figure out why my wastegate actuator is stuck and keeps giving me an EPC code (P0045 and P00AF).

Quick background - I was Mabotech tuned on my stock is20 and in one spirited run experimenting with a higher ethanol blend, car went into limp mode and threw the EPC/P0045 code. Wastegate actuator couldnt be set to more than 2.0v, so I did what any reasonable person would do, and I bought a bigger turbo and of course a new actuator from CTS turbo.

Turbo and hardware all went in great (you guys have been super helpful on this forum, many thanks), BUT, Im now getting a P00AF (wastegate actuator stuck) code. We currently have it set to 3.56v and I understand bentley manual stipulates 3.55, so should be close enough. Right?

Ill try to attach screenshots of the fault codes.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Hey man I know this post is from a few years ago but I was wondering if you figured out what the issue was. I’m in the same boat right now, 2015 VW GTI I had an IS20 with a stage 1 tune, did a pull one day and the EPC light came on with the same codes plus a couple replaced the turbo with a factory IHI IS38. It was fine at first, was building boost l. Then a couple days later I did a pull and the epc light came back on with p0045 and p00af code. If you figured out the issues please let me know! Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.