Fourtitude.com - 2017 Audi Q3..what ATF?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 08-10-2019 09:37 AM #1
      I’m planning to start some periodic transmission drain and fills on my wife’s 2017 Audi Q3. It just rolled over 50,000 miles. I’m hoping to run it for at least 200,000 trouble free miles… I’m 2+ hours from the nearest VW/Audi dealer and will be performing this myself.

I’m having a hard time deciding what ATF to use. From what I understand the car has the same drivetrain as the VW Tiguan.

Does anyone know definitively what is the factory fill ATF on these vehicles?

I’m thinking about using Pentosin brand but not sure which one ATF1 or ATF1 LV ?

What ATF would you use? Any advice would be appreciated..Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Gen VI VW
      08-10-2019 12:33 PM #2
      This should be the DSG transmission which would call for Pentosin FFL-2 VW part G052182A2 BUT verify the transmission code found on the build label, probably in the trunk area around the spare tire.

4. 08-10-2019 04:06 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod0525 View Post
      This should be the DSG transmission which would call for Pentosin FFL-2 VW part G052182A2 BUT verify the transmission code found on the build label, probably in the trunk area around the spare tire.
      Thanks for the response.

The transmission label on the build label states QNU. I've searched, but I have not been able determine exactly which transmission this refers too..

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Gen VI VW
      08-12-2019 01:09 PM #4
      A little poking around is finding that this is a AISIN WARNER 6 speed same as the VW 09G but I haven't verified. The Audi part # is listed as VAG G055025A2 BUT When researching my 09g I found the listings were all over the place and there is a second generation 09g that uses a slightly different fluid G 055 540 A2 which might not be updated in all the listings. I called around to various dealers and with a vin lookup was able to determine the correct part # for the fluid I needed. You may want to do that to be sure. From there you can cross reference the correct fluid to Pentosin. VAG seems to make even the simplest maintenance a research project but with some perseverance you can find the answers. Start with the correct Audi part number from the dealer parts department and go from there.