Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
      Cars
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      09-13-2019 09:51 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      OK, regarding how Elon is handling the Taycan launch... I think he is going about it all wrong. I have some thoughts but I wonder what you guys think?
      Oh you think so? I find it super entertaining. I don't think they can beat the Taycan on the 'Ring but it sure is exciting to hear they are trying to stick it Porsche. David and Goliath type fight here.
      Slow Car Fast

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      09-13-2019 10:29 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      Oh you think so? I find it super entertaining. I don't think they can beat the Taycan on the 'Ring but it sure is exciting to hear they are trying to stick it, Porsche. David and Goliath type fight here.
      I think they should be focusing on the things Tesla does better at this point, like efficiency, cost, range, and the SC system.

I guess the bravado play is fine but they just seem totally unprepared for it. It seems like going after Porsche from a "sports perfomance" angle is a losing bet. The risk is they never can get a good Ring time and they look foolish for all the effort and smack talk in the trying.

But that's Musk for you.

4. 09-13-2019 11:04 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      I think they should be focusing on the things Tesla does better at this point, like efficiency, cost, range, and the SC system.

I guess the bravado play is fine but they just seem totally unprepared for it. It seems like going after Porsche from a "sports perfomance" angle is a losing bet. The risk is they never can get a good Ring time and they look foolish for all the effort and smack talk in the trying.

But that's Musk for you.
      Improving customer service (sales, delivery and service center sides) should be job #1. There are numerous complaints online about existing customers being unable to contact service centers due to phone lines being shut down and even unable to schedule appoints using the Tesla app. Imagine a dealership shutting off their phone lines and making customers only schedule online!

Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      09-13-2019 11:15 AM #29
      Oh you think so? I find it super entertaining. I don't think they can beat the Taycan on the 'Ring but it sure is exciting to hear they are trying to stick it Porsche. David and Goliath type fight here.
      It's entertaining, but they could accomplish the same thing with "cheeky marketing" rather than Elon flying off the cuff on Twitter. You know Frankfurt is coming. You know Porsche's showing the Taycan. Have the damn lap completed a few weeks prior and keep it in the can. Then have the marketing ready to go with your record-breaking lap time or whatever.

The "Oh yeah!? Look what we can do!" WWE **** comes off as amateurish in comparison.

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      09-22-2019 01:50 PM #30
      There was a Model 3 at the (very low stakes) car show yesterday.

My biggest takeaway was it’s the plainest car ever, inside and out. The EV tech is great but what a blah design for the money.

I did appreciate that the trunk and trunk opening were way bigger in person than in photos.

7. 09-22-2019 02:28 PM #31
      Today is the last day of National Drive Electric Week.

Cars
      09-22-2019 08:36 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Today is the last day of National Drive Electric Week.
      Which one are you spockcat?
      Slow Car Fast

9. 09-23-2019 12:54 PM #33
      Driving is hard. Walking is harder.

10. 09-23-2019 04:55 PM #34
      Which one are you spockcat?
      Neither. I'm just wondering whether these two in the middle are brother and sister or it is true what they say that you start to look like your spouse over time.

On a Tesla related note, I won't post the article since it is only tangentially car related but it is a significant issue to Tesla and Musk:
      Tesla and Musk hid facts about SolarCity deal and SpaceX involvement, shareholders claim in unsealed court docs

Cars
      09-23-2019 08:00 PM #35
      Remember when people were saying Tesla sales were too small, not enough demand, and all that even after outselling the 3-series and all the competition? I looked up how many states are selling Teslas. It's waaay less than the competition.

Slow Car Fast

12. 09-25-2019 05:58 PM #36
      Tesla owners start seeing a data usage counter with a 50GB cap

At least Tesla doesn't charge for Apple Carplay.

It's not clear if Tesla will charge more for heavy internet use.

Tesla last year started splitting data into standard and premium tiers, but it's now hinting that it might watch how much data you're using, too. Some owners have noticed a data use counter showing up on their cars with a seeming 50GB cap. It's not yet clear what this cap is for or what happens if you chew up more than 50GB of data. However, Tesla is displaying this to people with the Premium Connectivity package, not just Standard.

We've asked Tesla for comment. It may have more to say about data usage once there's a wider rollout for its cars' version 10 firmware. Having said that, it wouldn't be surprising if Tesla charged extra for heavy data use. Netflix and YouTube streaming are on the way, and those can easily consume gigabytes of data in a single session. Caps could discourage drivers from going on Stranger Things marathons in their cars and help Tesla stay on the good side of carrier partners anxious about their network loads.

Cars
      '17 BMW i3 BEV, '16 BMW i3 BEV, '13 FiST
      09-26-2019 03:23 AM #37
      "Ordered my model 3 on 9/21. Today a front fender randomly showed up at my house."

https://twitter.com/FancyPantless/st...67920124817413

flick
      r
      | Listen to No Agenda!

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdog View Post
      The internet has gotten significantly better since Russians started buying video cameras.

14. 09-26-2019 09:29 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Dee-Lux View Post
      "Ordered my model 3 on 9/21. Today a front fender randomly showed up at my house."

https://twitter.com/FancyPantless/st...67920124817413
      This is Musk's way of dealing with complaints that spare parts are never available. Ship them to customers even before they need them.

Cars
      09-27-2019 09:39 AM #39
      Tesla V10 Software incoming. This really makes these Model 3s special. Spotify finally landed along with tons of other improvements and "wow" factors.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/introduci...-0?redirect=no

Slow Car Fast

Cars
      2011 SAAB 9-5, 2013 Ford Fusion
      09-27-2019 09:58 AM #40
      New Dreamcase bedding so you can sleep in your Tesla (which would be good for me, because I would probably have to sell my house to own a top spec Model-S)

Learn what the bible really says about the End Times:

http://www.bibleprophecytruth.com

Cars
      1998 New Beetle. 2019 GSW
      09-27-2019 10:43 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by MontoyaF1 View Post
      New Dreamcase bedding so you can sleep in your Tesla (which would be good for me, because I would probably have to sell my house to own a top spec Model-S)
      Maybe an X might make a better home.

https://youtu.be/wSLhLViYCx4

18. Member
      Cars
      Unreliable pregnant guppy, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      09-27-2019 10:45 AM #42
      Tesla V10 Software incoming. This really makes these Model 3s special. Spotify finally landed along with tons of other improvements and "wow" factors.
      Cool, you can play cuphead while you watch your car dissolve around you in real time

I do like how much they update their software, any word on if basic things like the situational awareness display issues have been ironed out (wigging out cars around the vehicle, etc.)? that was the most wonky thing I experienced in my test drive.

19. 09-27-2019 10:49 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by dr_spock View Post
      Maybe an X might make a better home.

https://youtu.be/wSLhLViYCx4

The window is always open when you have a Model X.

Cars
      10-28-2019 02:30 PM #44
      Demerit if this is a repost.

Slow Car Fast

21. 11-11-2019 10:00 PM #45
      Apparently Tesla still hasn't figured out concrete barriers. I guess their ultrasonic sensors aren't up to the task of "seeing" a barrier when at speed.

22. Member
      Cars
      '20 RX350F, '17 Volt, '99 GMC Suburban
      11-11-2019 10:13 PM #46
      Interesting video - curious thought though, wonder why there was no temporary striping or better/earlier signage about the upcoming merge (unless earlier signage was just not shown in the moments leading up to the video). It is odd though nonetheless how the old striping is clearly still there and just itself terminates into the barrier instead of being re-striped to identify the new/temporary lane merge.

23. Member
      11-11-2019 10:43 PM #47
      It’s an adjustable barrier for peak traffic. They have one one the Roosevelt bridge into DC. I think if you were just watching the lines you’d crash into it too
      -------------------------
      02 S6 Avant
      73 914 2.0 - 2.7 conversion in progress
      64 356 SC / 65 Ducati Falcon 80
      99.5 A4 2.8 Q Tip - RIP taken out by a tree 19.5 after buying

24. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Below the glide path to KAUS, Outside COTA
      Cars
      Dodge, Hyundai, Toyota, VW
      11-11-2019 11:56 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by kickapoo View Post
      Interesting video - curious thought though, wonder why there was no temporary striping or better/earlier signage about the upcoming merge (unless earlier signage was just not shown in the moments leading up to the video). It is odd though nonetheless how the old striping is clearly still there and just itself terminates into the barrier instead of being re-striped to identify the new/temporary lane merge.
      All that and the driver just re-engages autopilot immediately.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

25. Member
      Cars
      Unreliable pregnant guppy, 'Reliable' Family Truckster, Plug-in Bulldog
      11-12-2019 12:37 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      All that and the driver just re-engages autopilot immediately.
      Might as well, car's already beat up.

26. 11-12-2019 07:26 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by kickapoo View Post
      It's all well and good but regardless of signage, it is the prime directive of anyone operating a motor vehicle to not hit things, regardless of signage. It reveals that Tesla has still not fully realised and implemented this.

Plenty of construction zones have pavement lines that don't necessarily correspond to the intended path of traffic through the construction zone.

I don't think Tesla has the ability to read and interpret signs yet, anyhow.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast