Fourtitude.com - Cluster issue(?)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 07-29-2019 05:22 PM #1
      The LCD panel doesn't work, and today, the temp gauge kept heading towards 'H'. It was in the high 80's,and I was running the AC with the *top down*.
      When I turned off the AC, the temp gauge returned to a normal level. It did this several times, but not before today.
      The P.O. told me that 'the thermostat needs to be replaced', and so I did just that when the timing belt job was done.
      I expected the fans to be running when I shut the car off, but they were not......
      I'm really loving this car, but I have a sinking feeling that it may become a $$$ pit.
      Any ideas?
      Anyone out there have a copy of the Bentley manual?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2001 TT 225 QC LSM/2003 TT 225R BLK
      07-30-2019 09:43 AM #2
      Both should be running. If not either one or both fans are out, or the fan control module is out.
      QCOUPETT/QRDSTTR
      Dallas, TX

4. 07-31-2019 08:25 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by QCOUPETT View Post
      Both should be running. If not either one or both fans are out, or the fan control module is out.
      Thanks for the advice!
      I can hear some sort of pump running inside the engine, but the radiator fans were off

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 07-31-2019 08:28 PM #4
      I'm going to take a shot at fixing the cluster. I ordered the (cheap) screen from E Bay.
      I have a professional grade Hakko de-soldering gun, so I think I can handle the removal-reinstall.

7. 08-02-2019 06:44 PM #5
      I'm seeing problems similar to this pop up a lot lately. Check the control module first but what some people are finding is that the wiring harnesses are damaged and causing tons of headache. Inspect the whole harness.

8. 08-02-2019 09:10 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by M-Power M3 View Post
      I'm seeing problems similar to this pop up a lot lately. Check the control module first but what some people are finding is that the wiring harnesses are damaged and causing tons of headache. Inspect the whole harness.
      Thanks for the advice!

10-04-2019 12:18 AM #7
      I had the exact same problem after my timing belt service. The fans would go on only after I shut the car off, and the car ran hot...I put a water pump with a metal impellar, and as it turns out they dont flow as well as the plastic ones. After having the pump changed for OEM there was no more problems...it was explained that the fan went on after the car was shut off because the aux coolant pump flows in the reverse direction to allow the head of the motor to cool after the car is shut off...hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk