Fourtitude.com - Burning Oil - Solutions?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Junior Member
      07-25-2019 08:31 AM #1
      Hey guys,

I have a 2012 CC Sport.
      95.000KM driven.
      Driving it for a year now, but ever since I bought it, it is burning oil like a crazy.

In the beginning it was 1L every 1200Km but now it got to the point that I have to fill 1L every 500Km, which for me is every 2 weeks.
      Volkswagen dealership told me it was "normal" at first but now, after changing all the seals and different engine parts, they are telling me that they probably have to do replace the turbo, since they don't do turbo rebuilds.

I couldn't find the specific turbo model for my EA888 engine, but I saw that a K03 replacement is ****** $1800. I would rather sell the car OR buy a K04 which is only $100 more.

So my questions for you guys is:
      -What can be another reason that my car is burning 1L every 520 Km?
      -If the turbo is the problem, maybe a seal or something. Is there another way I can get it fixed? Buy replacement parts online or something?
      -If buying a new turbo is the only solution. Would it be smart to just buy a K04?
      -If I buy a K04. What would be the requirements that I need installed in my car
      ?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      07-25-2019 06:00 PM #2
      I never trust the dealer for any diagnostic or work. Car dealers don't make money on selling cars. They make money from financing and the service department. I only bring the car back for free warranty work, and even then I double check their work whenever possible.

I recommend you take it to a mechanic that specializes on Audi/VW cars with a good reputation. Yelp/Google is a good place to look for starters. If you're burning that much oil, your catalytic converter will probably get clogged and need cleaning/replacement very soon. So get that checked out asap.

4. Junior Member
      07-26-2019 06:50 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by findalex View Post
      I never trust the dealer for any diagnostic or work. Car dealers don't make money on selling cars. They make money from financing and the service department. I only bring the car back for free warranty work, and even then I double check their work whenever possible.

I recommend you take it to a mechanic that specializes on Audi/VW cars with a good reputation. Yelp/Google is a good place to look for starters. If you're burning that much oil, your catalytic converter will probably get clogged and need cleaning/replacement very soon. So get that checked out asap.
      Yea I know they make money in the service department, true true.

I got in contact with a guy that tunes and repairs GTI engines, so I will let him check the car out and see what's up..

Thanks for the comment !

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Cars
      2017 Audi SQ5, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 7MT, 2010 Audi S4 6MT. 2015 Audi Q3 Quattro
      07-27-2019 03:59 PM #4
      Welcome to the mysterious EA888 Gen-1 2.0T oil consumption club....read the below threads (this is NOT the same oil burning problems that the EA888 Gen-2 engine has)

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...mption-2012-CC

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ng-issue/page2

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-side)-failure

FYI : A stock OEM turbo is about $1200.
      Last edited by CC'ed; 07-27-2019 at 04:06 PM.