Fourtitude.com - HIGH IAT temps after IC upgrade
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 07-23-2019 03:41 AM #1
      About 2 weeks ago I installed the IE IC.. everything was great/ IAT was around 100F in 75F ambient temps, then the hose on the driver side popped off/ EPC light came on ofcourse which I had to drive it for like 15miles with it off until it was placed back on. Ever since then my IAT Temps have been crap... I cant lower than 120-130 while driving in 75-80F ambient. Yes I have checked everything for leaks etc.

Any thoughts or anyone has dealt with this?? because it makes no sense

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2017 Alltrack 6MT
      08-03-2019 03:00 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by robm. View Post
      About 2 weeks ago I installed the IE IC.. everything was great/ IAT was around 100F in 75F ambient temps, then the hose on the driver side popped off/ EPC light came on ofcourse which I had to drive it for like 15miles with it off until it was placed back on. Ever since then my IAT Temps have been crap... I cant lower than 120-130 while driving in 75-80F ambient. Yes I have checked everything for leaks etc.

Any thoughts or anyone has dealt with this?? because it makes no sense
      I had a similar problem, but it turned out my MAP sensor was going bad. Everything seems to be better after swapping the maf. It's 60 bucks.

Do the temps drop when you floor it? I see 115 to 120f during cruise in 85 to 90 degree NYC heat.

4. 08-14-2019 05:12 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by ZuMBLe View Post
      I had a similar problem, but it turned out my MAP sensor was going bad. Everything seems to be better after swapping the maf. It's 60 bucks.

Do the temps drop when you floor it? I see 115 to 120f during cruise in 85 to 90 degree NYC heat.
      I just replaced the Map Sensor and yes the temps do drop when flooring it and same cursing temps as you as well in Chicago heat. I just feel like it should be lower than 115F-120F when cursing

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Cars
      2017 Alltrack 6MT
      08-14-2019 08:56 AM #4
      I just replaced the Map Sensor and yes the temps do drop when flooring it and same cursing temps as you as well in Chicago heat. I just feel like it should be lower than 115F-120F when cursing
      I agree, I wanted it lower at cruise, but others have said it's normal. My previous car had a very large front mount. This is my first aftermarket IC that sits between two other heat exchangers.

7. 08-14-2019 11:35 PM #5
      I agree, I wanted it lower at cruise, but others have said it's normal. My previous car had a very large front mount. This is my first aftermarket IC that sits between two other heat exchangers.
      Do you what your Temps where with the Stock IC?

8. Member
      Cars
      2017 Alltrack 6MT
      08-15-2019 12:33 AM #6
      Do you what your Temps where with the Stock IC?
      I have logs but kinda useless without knowing the actual ambient temp.

9. 08-15-2019 02:48 AM #7
      I guess Ill see myself when's its 65-70F outside. I was around 95-100F with the Stock IC

10. 08-15-2019 09:38 PM #8
      Well 75F outside and cool. Still got up too 105-110F after 30mins of driving/ cursing so idk