Fourtitude.com - Best current lease deal for $360 p/month?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Cars
      2000 BMW 740i
      07-14-2019 02:12 PM #26
      I got my mom into a 2019 VW Tiguan R-Line 4motion for $2500 drive offs at $350 per month. Decent styling, panoramic sunroof, good infotainment system etc.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Two fake rich sedans & one non-Prius hybrid
      07-14-2019 02:32 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by DubyaV View Post
      Money factor is high: .00225 equals an APR of 5.4%. What’s the residual in %?

That’s also a pretty high down payment; putting money down (cap cost reduction) is generally discouraged on a lease since that’s money you lose if you somehow wreck the car during your time with it (not reimbursed by insurance or covered by gap insurance).

It’s fine to lease with a drive off payment that includes first month and taxes, but since the cap cost reduction just artificially lowers the monthly, you might as well spread it out.

As was said above: negotiate a lease like you would any purchase. You’ll want to negotiate a selling price (getting to invoice on a TLX at the very least doesn’t strike me as out of line), and subtract incentives/dealer cash from that. If your discount equals the dealer cash right now, there’s more room to negotiate. (Do make sure any incentives apply to you and your region, as that may vary—especially with leases. There may also be separate incentives for lease and for purchase, and those can’t be combined.)

Use the Leasehackr calculator (https://leasehackr.com/calculator) and plug in all this info—what’s the score that it gives you?
      The details were from an Acura dealer posting to that website. The selling price already factors in the available dealer cash (per salesman). Residual is 55%... that seems low for a Honda family product but I'm guessing premium brands depreciate rapidly vs mainstream products?

4. Member
      Cars
      09 370Z, 18 Terrain
      07-14-2019 04:52 PM #28
      As mentioned check out the leasehackr forum to see what is currently leasing well. I was able to score my 18 Terrain SLE 1.5T for $179/mo sign and drive last year thanks to that forum and being versed on all incentives.

5. Member
      Cars
      2018 Volvo XC60
      07-14-2019 05:19 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      The details were from an Acura dealer posting to that website. The selling price already factors in the available dealer cash (per salesman). Residual is 55%... that seems low for a Honda family product but I'm guessing premium brands depreciate rapidly vs mainstream products?
      How many miles is this deal based on? 10k a year? In that case, 55% residual is pretty average for a premium brand.

I think I found the thread you got this deal from on Leasehackr: https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/aronc...j-pa-ct/152168, but the numbers look a little off. Looks like there’s a pretty solid discount off MSRP (including the dealer contribution) for the TLX; $319+tax for a base TLX with $0 down doesn’t sound like a bad deal to me.

Even if your numbers look a little different, focus on getting rid of that money down, and working it into the monthly, and see where you are at then.

BMW and MB (and Volvo as of late) tend to be pretty aggressive with leases; the Germans especially are known for dealing aggressively on dealer demos and service loaners, that may be an avenue worth exploring. (Yes, you get a car with ~5k miles on it, but the deals are there.) Here’s a thread with some really hot Volvo deals for the month of July from Leasehackr: https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/bosto...-but-ca/138036.

6. 07-14-2019 05:39 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Sweater View Post
      Suckers lease cars. Just buy a car at a reasonable interest rate and you will have plenty of equity for the next car.

I've been doing this for daily or semi daily cars for decades.

If you can't 'buy it' then it's not in your budget, you are to cheap, or to poor.
      Pff. I lease my vehicles because I can write it off with my company. Suggesting people are "suckers" and "poor" is just poor taste.
      2017 Platinum Toyota Tundra 5.7L

1968 Firebird. 383 Stroker 4spd.

Cars
      17 Golf Alltrack S, 08 Yukon XL
      07-14-2019 07:04 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by VeeDub_L_U View Post
      Pff. I lease my vehicles because I can write it off with my company. Suggesting people are "suckers" and "poor" is just poor taste.
      Actually ignorance.
      CLICK * POINT * CHUTE

Cars
      07-14-2019 09:48 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by DubyaV View Post
      How many miles is this deal based on? 10k a year? In that case, 55% residual is pretty average for a premium brand.

I think I found the thread you got this deal from on Leasehackr: https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/aronc...j-pa-ct/152168, but the numbers look a little off. Looks like there’s a pretty solid discount off MSRP (including the dealer contribution) for the TLX; $319+tax for a base TLX with $0 down doesn’t sound like a bad deal to me.

Even if your numbers look a little different, focus on getting rid of that money down, and working it into the monthly, and see where you are at then.

BMW and MB (and Volvo as of late) tend to be pretty aggressive with leases; the Germans especially are known for dealing aggressively on dealer demos and service loaners, that may be an avenue worth exploring. (Yes, you get a car with ~5k miles on it, but the deals are there.) Here’s a thread with some really hot Volvo deals for the month of July from Leasehackr: https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/bosto...-but-ca/138036.
      10K mileage. Dealers seem very adamant about putting something down and we don't have much experience with negotiating. The Volvo models posted look nice but per the spreadsheet the monthly is all in the $500 range.

The journey continues with yet another Honda dealership. This time we walk around back with intent to drive a Civic where the salesman promptly runs off cursing and telling us to stay put. Dealership genuinely seemed chaotic and the salesman wasn't sure if the Type-R had the wheels removed for service or was unintentionally missing them.

In other car news something minor but cool in a Nissan sedan, USB-C port!

Last edited by 2.0T_Convert; 07-14-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      07-14-2019 09:56 PM #33
      Never change, Jersey!

Cars
      01 MKIV Jetta 1.8t
      07-14-2019 10:05 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post

The journey continues with yet another Honda dealership. This time we walk around back with intent to drive a Civic where the salesman promptly runs off cursing and telling us to stay put. Dealership genuinely seemed chaotic and the salesman wasn't sure if the Type-R had the wheels removed for service or was unintentionally missing them.

Thieves don't usually use jack stands or wood planks under them.

Cars
      Civic Type R & RSV4 RR
      07-15-2019 12:13 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Senior Member View Post
      Thieves don't usually use jack stands or wood planks under them.
      This, they usually leave it on cement blocks or just the cement lol. Car looks to be previously owned judging by the sidemarkers & intercooler. I would also assume it is if they’re offering test drives. Definitely worth driving, and the best color too

Cars
      07-15-2019 07:27 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Spike Ti View Post
      This, they usually leave it on cement blocks or just the cement lol. Car looks to be previously owned judging by the sidemarkers & intercooler. I would also assume it is if they’re offering test drives. Definitely worth driving, and the best color too
      I'm assuming that is also not the best car for a senior aged Chinese lady who drives like a caricature from Family Guy

13. Member
      Cars
      19 Canyon Denali
      07-15-2019 08:43 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Sweater View Post
      Suckers lease cars. Just buy a car at a reasonable interest rate and you will have plenty of equity for the next car.

I've been doing this for daily or semi daily cars for decades.

If you can't 'buy it' then it's not in your budget, you are to cheap, or to poor.
      At least we who lease can spell.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. 07-15-2019 09:20 AM #38
      Civic Si, $290/month with $0 down!

Hard to think of a better car for the money imo..
      40mpg, reliable, heated seats, adjustable dampers, torque vectoring, LSD, mid size, and as someone that has back issues.. the seats are great.

Cars
      '06 C55 AMG, '11 LS460 AWD luxo-barge & not quite enough motorcycles
      07-15-2019 10:52 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese View Post
      Actually ignorance.
      And sorry ahead of time normal VW owners, but that's also VW arrogance. The kind that shouldn't even exist.
      Something witty will be in this exact spot soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12