Fourtitude.com - New a3 owner with a few questions
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 07-12-2019 11:19 AM #1
      Hi, I picked up a decent shape 09 S line Quattro. I'm very confused as to all the different options between.

My seats are manual, and have literally no support, I thought the sLine had slightly better bolstered seats. Mine also has none of the silver door trim and the area beside the shifter. I have no compass and no auto lights but do have bi xenon HID. Audio seems to be the low end model aswell.

Would I have auto level lights in this package? Head lights seem super low but I haven't got underneathe to look for the level sensors.

I'll have many more questions but I'll start with some general stuff.

Thanks and hopefully I can add to the community as I love doing diy how too's ect.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2007 Audi A3 2.0T
      07-12-2019 12:45 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
      Hi, I picked up a decent shape 09 S line Quattro. I'm very confused as to all the different options between.

My seats are manual, and have literally no support, I thought the sLine had slightly better bolstered seats. Mine also has none of the silver door trim and the area beside the shifter. I have no compass and no auto lights but do have bi xenon HID. Audio seems to be the low end model aswell.

Would I have auto level lights in this package? Head lights seem super low but I haven't got underneathe to look for the level sensors.

I'll have many more questions but I'll start with some general stuff.

Thanks and hopefully I can add to the community as I love doing diy how too's ect.
      Starting in 2009 I believe the S-Line package was mostly just cosmetic/badging. You would need the "Sport" package to get the sport seats, suspension, wheels, etc. that were part of the S-Line package previously.

If you have factory bi-xenon's then you should have auto-leveling. They may need to be re-calibrated, which can be done via VCDS or by taking it to a shop.

4. Member
      Cars
      03 VW Golf(sold), 05 Jetta(sold), 09 Audi A3 Quattro, 12 GTI (sold), 2015 A3 Quattro
      07-12-2019 01:16 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
      Starting in 2009 I believe the S-Line package was mostly just cosmetic/badging. You would need the "Sport" package to get the sport seats, suspension, wheels, etc. that were part of the S-Line package previously.

If you have factory bi-xenon's then you should have auto-leveling. They may need to be re-calibrated, which can be done via VCDS or by taking it to a shop.
      I have 09 s-line and as TBomb said above is purely cosmetic. Is your driver seat manual? Mine is not and I swapped both seats with s-line sport seats from 07 Audi A3. It's a direct swap - same plugs etc. You only need to swap the occupant sensor from your passenger seat or program it with the dealer. If you are talking about chrome accents at the tip of the window buttons - the come 2012 and later as well as the chrome on the door handles.

5. 07-12-2019 04:18 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Evo V View Post
      I have 09 s-line and as TBomb said above is purely cosmetic. Is your driver seat manual? Mine is not and I swapped both seats with s-line sport seats from 07 Audi A3. It's a direct swap - same plugs etc. You only need to swap the occupant sensor from your passenger seat or program it with the dealer. If you are talking about chrome accents at the tip of the window buttons - the come 2012 and later as well as the chrome on the door handles.
      Yes, drivers seat is manual. I found the original bill of sale and the only options listed was Bi Xenon and s line.

Sucks because the seats are pretty terrible lol I would have no issues swapping something better with power wiring is kinda my thing.

6. Member
      Cars
      03 VW Golf(sold), 05 Jetta(sold), 09 Audi A3 Quattro, 12 GTI (sold), 2015 A3 Quattro
      07-12-2019 04:57 PM #5
      Yes, drivers seat is manual. I found the original bill of sale and the only options listed was Bi Xenon and s line.

Sucks because the seats are pretty terrible lol I would have no issues swapping something better with power wiring is kinda my thing.
      I can check the old seats in the basement but I believe it's 3 plugs - airbag, seat-belt buckle and power. You have the first two already. The third one only have 12v power, ground and two other small cables that I don't know what are there for. If you are adventurous you can get the harness from a junk yard and add a power seat.

7. Member
      Cars
      2008.5 A3 2.0T FWD (RIP), 2013 A3 2.0T quattro
      07-14-2019 05:41 PM #6

Odd that you have bi-xenons and no auto-headlights/wipers--I thought those two were always paired together. Is this a US/Can car or are you from another country? You should definitely have auto-levelling as well--turn on the car at night with the headlights ON and you should see them dip/raise at startup.

8. 07-17-2019 04:42 PM #7
      Checked on my son's 09 A3 - S-line includes power driver's seat. Mirror with compass is on the Convenience package, as well a the Xenon headlights.

9. Member
      Cars
      2011 Audi A3 Quattro S-Line CCTA DSG
      Yesterday 12:19 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Evo V View Post
      My 2011 has the chrome (I don't like) on top of the door handles and the satin aluminum on the top of the window switches. My seats have the shoulder flares (what ever you call them)
      HPA K04/Intake Manifold/tune, PTP turbo blanket, APR Downpipe, Carbonio Intake, GFB's DV+, Red Top coils, 034 Swaybar and rear subframe mounts, Audi R8 knock off wheels, Aspherical mirrors, StopTech slotted rotors and steal brake lines, US Mill Works license plate bracket, Clearmounts phone holder.