Fourtitude.com - 12v obd1 vr6 into mkv
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      1994 VW Corrado VR6 2.9L/ 1995 golf 1.8l 8v/ 1995 golf gti 2.0l 8v
      07-12-2019 12:15 AM #1
      Ive been searching around but has anybody done it? ive got a good running mk3 only thing that i wanna do is to swap to my mkv chassis. any help would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Mk3 VRT, Mk4 VRT, Mk4 VRT, 8P A3 QT VR, B6 3.6 4Motion VR, B5 Avant 1.8BT, B5 Avant QT VRT
      07-12-2019 08:33 AM #2
      Not to derail your thread but you are proposing to swap a stock normally aspirated OBD I 12V into a Mk5 chassis? That seems a bit strange at best.

At a minimum you should be considering converting that motor to OBD II to make the harness integration a bit more seemless. That OBD I block you have will not have any of the side provisions for the engine mount locations either. Seriously you might want to consider a more modern motor (AFP and up). You can have the motor mount provision, drive by wire and OBD II so things go together a bit smoother for you. Not impossible but I'm baffled as to why you would even consider this.
      "OP sounds like a MKIV guy"

Cars
      1994 VW Corrado VR6 2.9L/ 1995 golf 1.8l 8v/ 1995 golf gti 2.0l 8v
      07-12-2019 06:06 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by V-dubbulyuh View Post
      Not to derail your thread but you are proposing to swap a stock normally aspirated OBD I 12V into a Mk5 chassis? That seems a bit strange at best.

At a minimum you should be considering converting that motor to OBD II to make the harness integration a bit more seemless. That OBD I block you have will not have any of the side provisions for the engine mount locations either. Seriously you might want to consider a more modern motor (AFP and up). You can have the motor mount provision, drive by wire and OBD II so things go together a bit smoother for you. Not impossible but I'm baffled as to why you would even consider this.
      i understand ya, the thing is i got both already the mkv does not have a motor in it. but the mk3 vr is up and running. not looking for power, just looking for the possibilities.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Mk3 VRT, Mk4 VRT, Mk4 VRT, 8P A3 QT VR, B6 3.6 4Motion VR, B5 Avant 1.8BT, B5 Avant QT VRT
      08-26-2019 07:27 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by curcor View Post
      i understand ya, the thing is i got both already the mkv does not have a motor in it. but the mk3 vr is up and running. not looking for power, just looking for the possibilities.
      What you are proposing, unless using standalone is complex. Nothing in that car will support the OBD I motor. Retrofit the OBD I engine harness and ECU into the Mk5 then loose integration with the cluster and the body side of the car. You have the throttle cable to consider also on that OBD I motor so now you are talking running a cable and swapping pedal assembly. I'd say if standalone is not an option, you at a minimum need to bring the motor to OBD II (as close to an AFP incl DBW as you can), drill out and tap the sides of the motor for the mount holes. It seriously is not worth it but good luck.
      "OP sounds like a MKIV guy"