Fourtitude.com - 12v obd1 vr6 into mkv
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      1994 VW Corrado VR6 2.9L/ 1995 golf 1.8l 8v/ 1995 golf gti 2.0l 8v
      07-11-2019 11:15 PM #1
      Ive been searching around but has anybody done it? ive got a good running mk3 only thing that i wanna do is to swap to my mkv chassis. any help would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Mk3 VRT, Mk4 VRT, Mk4 VRT, A3 VR QT, B6 3.6 4Motion, B5 1.8BT, B5 Avant QT VRT
      07-12-2019 07:33 AM #2
      Not to derail your thread but you are proposing to swap a stock normally aspirated OBD I 12V into a Mk5 chassis? That seems a bit strange at best.

At a minimum you should be considering converting that motor to OBD II to make the harness integration a bit more seemless. That OBD I block you have will not have any of the side provisions for the engine mount locations either. Seriously you might want to consider a more modern motor (AFP and up). You can have the motor mount provision, drive by wire and OBD II so things go together a bit smoother for you. Not impossible but I'm baffled as to why you would even consider this.
      "OP sounds like a MKIV guy"

Cars
      1994 VW Corrado VR6 2.9L/ 1995 golf 1.8l 8v/ 1995 golf gti 2.0l 8v
      07-12-2019 05:06 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by V-dubbulyuh View Post
      Not to derail your thread but you are proposing to swap a stock normally aspirated OBD I 12V into a Mk5 chassis? That seems a bit strange at best.

At a minimum you should be considering converting that motor to OBD II to make the harness integration a bit more seemless. That OBD I block you have will not have any of the side provisions for the engine mount locations either. Seriously you might want to consider a more modern motor (AFP and up). You can have the motor mount provision, drive by wire and OBD II so things go together a bit smoother for you. Not impossible but I'm baffled as to why you would even consider this.
      i understand ya, the thing is i got both already the mkv does not have a motor in it. but the mk3 vr is up and running. not looking for power, just looking for the possibilities.