Fourtitude.com - Potential warranty issue far from home
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. 07-11-2019 09:46 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      Update: it is better but still not right. With it 75 degrees outside it is pretty cool but not ice cold like normal.
      Was location you recorded the vent temp inside or outside?

I still think there is a leak probably a seal, or a tiny leak in the condenser or even the evap.

If the shop used their automatic recharging station it should account and detect things like moisture in the system and alert the technician, many times the auto charge will stop and inform the tech to look for other problems like this. Current machines are very smart.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      81 caddy VNT MTDI 02a.
      07-11-2019 10:46 PM #27
      thread is full of dumb

want my click back
      smiles per gallon in a tdi rabbit are unreal

4. 07-11-2019 11:03 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by fastinradford View Post
      thread is full of dumb

want my click back

Yet you took the time to post a comment...stupid is as stupid does.

5. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      07-11-2019 11:07 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by fastinradford View Post
      thread is full of dumb

want my click back
      No.
      Instagram - efrie004

Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      07-11-2019 11:41 PM #30
      They didn't give me any details other than puzzledly coming back and saying that it was fine and they couldn't find anything wrong. I'll see if there are any test results on the invoice.

I'll drop it off at the dealer we bought it from after letting it bake in the sun for awhile. Normally it cranks out cold air before leaving the parking lot but now you have to get it rolling and revved up before it starts doing anything.

Thanks for the parts suggestions - I was thinking it might be something more involved like that.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

7. 07-12-2019 12:05 AM #31
      They didn't give me any details other than puzzledly coming back and saying that it was fine and they couldn't find anything wrong. I'll see if there are any test results on the invoice.

I'll drop it off at the dealer we bought it from after letting it bake in the sun for awhile. Normally it cranks out cold air before leaving the parking lot but now you have to get it rolling and revved up before it starts doing anything.

Thanks for the parts suggestions - I was thinking it might be something more involved like that.

I have another question for you....when you turn the AC on and are in temps around 90 F in 40%+ humidity does the AC condenser fan
      run at high speed? If it doesn't that could also be a source of the problem. In lower heat indexes the fan will run slower and quieter
      but at high heat indexes it goes into a high speed mode and the sound is pretty noticeable. What do you find with this? Follow up. Thanks.

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      07-12-2019 12:09 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      I have another question for you....when you turn the AC on and are in temps around 90 F in 40%+ humidity does the AC condenser fan
      run at high speed? If it doesn't that could also be a source of the problem. In lower heat indexes the fan will run slower and quieter
      but at high heat indexes it goes into a high speed mode and the sound is pretty noticeable. What do you find with this? Follow up. Thanks.
      Yes, it runs at high speed.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

9. 07-12-2019 12:47 AM #33
      Yes, it runs at high speed.
      That's sounds like it's working perfectly. Pretty sure we can rule that out as an issue.

I'm thinking you have a leak, if you need to I'd go to the auto parts store and get yourself a few cans of r134a refrigerant only (NONE of those all in one cans with refrigerant, oil and "seal conditioners), and
      a top off hose with low pressure gauge, this way you won't have to hope you can get booked into the dealerships along your route,
      I would go to wally world buy a fast acting digital thermometer with corded probe stick that in the drivers' side left center vent....
      With the AC on full blast recirculate on, fan on hi speed, windows closed and if the car has it "AC Max" selected
      your vent temp in 90 F heat after running for ten minutes should be about 40-45 F. If it rises above 52 you can just add a few ounces until you get A) vent temp back to around 45 or just below that and when you feel the low pressure suction line it should be very cold but not freezing to the touch. (low pressure line is large diameter line) It's always better to add less than more, when you add put in a couple of ounces and give the system a few minutes to stabilize then read the temp at vent. You won't do any damage by doing this and probably prevent damage by keeping the system from possibly fully discharging as well. Important to keep the system at least mostly charged until you can get back to your home location and have the system fully checked and the problem diagnosed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12