VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

AC Delete on a Cab with PS- how?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Butcher 
#1 ·
I know this question has probably been answered a million times, but I'd just like some clarification here. Any photos you have are greatly apperciated!
As I mentioned before, I want to delete AC on my cab, but keep power steering. Not sure if this matters at all but ive got an '88. Through reading other threads, ive found that there is a possible way to maintain the factory AC alt bracket and still have everything work? Im not sure if i should relocate the alt where the compressor used to go and find a different belt (is that needed?), cut down my existing bracket, ditch it altogether and find a toywagen pulley or similar, or run a non-AC alt bracket. The last option i think would be most difficult considering I dont have a junkyard near me, let alone any with Mk1's. With that being said, my preferred method would be to keep my existing alt bracket without having to cut anything. Trying to get this on the road after an engine rebuild!
Any advice, clarification, and photos of your setups would be greatly apperciated!
Thanks, Evan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.