Fourtitude.com - Motronic needs to go..Standalone it is...but which one? AEM,Haltech,Link,Ignitron etc....
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Junior Member
      Cars
      2016 GTI PP & 2005 GLI
      07-12-2019 01:46 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta Gti View Post
      Ignitron is incredible.

Maestro is a very slow, yet can be very capable. But.. for $1000... you can get ignitron..... and so soooo much more. I'm awaiting an ignitron unit for a buddy. Really excited to see what his car OS truly capable of. He's currently maestro.

Wideband added TT. 2.0l, CP pistons, ARP main studs, head studs, rod fasteners. Calico main and rod bearings. Fully built IE smallport head with stock cams. Genesis 2 1000cc. 034 intake manifold with grams 70mm tb. Pagparts vband kit, gen2 gtx2867 .72 ar, 3" turbo back. Race haldex controller, peloquin front lsd, Porsche boxsrer brakes etc. Etc. Etc..

19psi on 93 on a lovely 97* 90%+ humidity day, with a very conservative tune i did on maestro, it made 358whp. Ignitron iit should not only be smoother but make more per and not take nearly as long.

I love my gonzo ecu. Ive been running it since 2012. I had the haltec bbut i kept having issues with it. After the second replacement, I recieved a refund. Ignitron is the cats behind.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      Vegeta Gti, what issues were you having with the Haltech?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      1984 GLi 20v, '16 M3, '85 Golf, '17 R
      07-13-2019 01:06 PM #27
      Map drops, communication issues and slowness.I had a bad ECU. They warrantied ot bbut same issues, tried it on 2 other cars. Same results. I also don't want to write anything in unless absolutely necessary.

Btw, if you buy ignitron get with the 4bar oem Map sensor. I run that already with my gts ecu drive 2011.

:HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS..SingerVehicleDesign...1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG. MKIforLife
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      What vegeta said.

Cars
      20th--97’ 4-Runner
      07-16-2019 01:07 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta Gti View Post
      Btw, if you buy ignitron get with the 4bar oem Map sensor.

Same here with gonzo...albeit only on psi side

I found it interesting that using a map sensor located in vacuum/psi location (i.e.:intake manifold) throttle body size does not matter.

Thats a huge selling point with the ignitron to myself and maybe many others.

dealing with alpha "N" maps was always confusing...(to me at least)

Vegeta GTi:

How do you feel about tuning with the factory n75 valve? vs aftermarket boost controllers

I noticed when using the ignitron simulation mode a lot of n75valve wordage/usage was used for obviously boost control.......but it seems like a useful item to use for anti lag, rolling anti-lag etc...

Again I'm stupid when it comes to this stuff

Thanks Again

Speed Kills.Save Your Life.Drive a Honda.

Shearer Fabrications.Garrett/HTA.Southbend.INA Engineering. Integrated Engineering.JE Pistons.Gonzo Tuning.Precision.Autotech cam.

Cars
      1984 GLi 20v, '16 M3, '85 Golf, '17 R
      07-16-2019 07:33 PM #29
      Whether I tune Cobb, maestro, haltec or ignitron I suggest a new, oem n75. They work great and last forever. I might even plug mine in actually lol. You can do a lot with them now.

:HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS..SingerVehicleDesign...1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG. MKIforLife
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      What vegeta said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12