Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Member
      Cars
      14 Toyota 4Runner, 05 Lexus GX470
      07-02-2019 08:46 AM #26
      Still waiting for delivery, 4th of July is really hampering the shipping broker's ability to find a driver.

In the meantime I ordered a full set of monstaliner color chips; I've narrowed it down to white or Tarheel blue if I go with monstaliner. White with black rallye stripe and red seats is super tempting right now, but it's also the least exciting.

Need to do some more research on the seafoam green topside boat paint since I don't have a place to spray. If I went this route I'd do spice monstaliner on the interior.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      07-12-2019 12:00 AM #27
      Whelp, car #22 is officially here. It arrived at 930pm, 3 hours late, in the pitch black driving rain monsoon that's happening outside right now.

No idea how they got it there, but the Scout was on the top shelf of the open transport carrier, in the last spot near the cab. With fumes in the gas tank, EXTREMELY soft brakes and no ebrake, tansporter refused to get it down citing it 'wasn't safe'.

So what did I do? Climbed up the side of the rain soaked slippery carrier, climbed in the gun slit driver window while hoping I didn't fall 20' to the street, slid between the huge steering wheel and seat that was too close, fumbled around in the dark to find the keys and figure out how the controls work. Oh look, it's a auto trans, surprise!

Windshield wipers don't work, but I knew that. Windshield is dirty and covered in rain, can't see through it. Guess I'll stick my head out the window, ace ventura style.

Get it started (barely) by pumping the brakes with my left foot and pumping the gas with my right foot, got just enough momentum to get out of the carrier track indent and headed down the ramp. Still can't see the sides of the ramp, I sure hope the wheels are straight. Rolled down to the pavement, do a loop around the roundabout about 4 houses down from me, cut the engine and coast to the bottom of my driveway.

One of the scariest things I've ever done sober - getting in a 40 year old truck that you've never seen before, in the dark, with questionable brakes and zero visibility and driving it off the top of a huge auto transporter.

4. Member
      Cars
      2015 GMC Sierra, '98 5.3L Wrangler, '01 International 4700, too many trailers
      07-12-2019 08:50 AM #28
      Man. What a great adrenaline-fueled way to meet your new project. Now that its off safe that is.

5. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      07-12-2019 08:54 AM #29
      Whoa! That's quite a story!

I can't believe that the transport company would do that, though. They should have a non-powered way to get a vehicle off of their transport. The potential for law suits is quite real. Had you dropped you could've easily sued them.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

6. Member
      Cars
      07-12-2019 10:39 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      Whoa! That's quite a story!

I can't believe that the transport company would do that, though. They should have a non-powered way to get a vehicle off of their transport. The potential for law suits is quite real. Had you dropped you could've easily sued them.
      Yea I was kind of annoyed by them not having a winch built into the carrier. Apparently it took 4 hours to load it at the sellers house (middle of the night no less), still no idea how they got it up there or why it took 4 hours.

Figured out this morning that it's in 4hi and the front hubs were locked, explains why it felt like it wanted to rip up the pavement once I put gas in to get it into the garage.

7. Member
      Cars
      07-12-2019 10:40 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by Gitcha Sum View Post
      Man. What a great adrenaline-fueled way to meet your new project. Now that its off safe that is.
      Got it in the garage at 10, couldn't sit still until 1am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12