Fourtitude.com - Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 06-19-2019 03:44 PM #1
      (Hallo! Long time lurker, first-time poster - sorry that my first post is to point out a problem... ).

I'm getting the error message "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here" every time I try to view a forum when I'm not logged in.

I've tried connecting from two separate VPNs, and with no VPN at all - every time using an incognito mode browser to make sure there's no cookie persisting across the connection attempts.

I'm assuming it's unlikely all three IP addresses have been banned; I was wondering how the site decides what IP addresses shouldn't be allowed - maybe there's something wrong with the list or the code that's applying the list?

/Al

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-19-2019 03:48 PM #2
      Oh, in case it helps, the IP addresses I've tried connecting from are:

- 209.97.176.238 (London-based VPS)
      - 5.69.254.224 (Sky Broadband domestic dynamic IP address)
      - 80.84.49.189 (Getflix London VPN)
      - 46.166.143.38 (Getflix Amsterdam VPN)

/Al

4. 06-19-2019 03:49 PM #3
      Wait - it works when I connect from 46.166.143.38 (Getflix Amsterdam VPN) but none of the others...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2015 Equinox
      06-21-2019 08:59 AM #4
      Good question, not sure why you are getting blocked at those IP addresses. I've checked the list of IPs that we have manually blocked and none of the ones you've listed appear, not even partially.

7. 06-25-2019 09:00 AM #5
      That's strange...

The only thing I can think of is - if the forum is sitting behind a reverse proxy of some kind, the forum software might be seeing every request coming in from the same IP address unless it's looking at the right header, e.g. X-Proto-Forwarded-For (I think... I forget the exact name...) so if there's a spike in failed login attempts, might the forum just ban everyone who isn't already logged-in thinking they're all coming from the same IP address?

I dunno...

/Al