Fourtitude.com - Debut: All-New 2020 Bentley Flying Spur
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      06-11-2019 12:44 PM #1
      2020 Bentley Flying Spur

Rear chaacter line is a bit extra to me. The rear cabin is a bit uninspired to me as well. I would've liked to see more wood trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoblog
      The all-new, third-generation Bentley Flying Spur rolls into our lives behind a retracting, illuminated Flying B hood ornament. The grand tourer sedan sibling to the Continental GT also brings a new platform with a longer wheelbase, a new design, more technology, and fluted leather and wood finery. About the only thing that doesn't change is horsepower, with the 6.0-liter W12 putting out the same 626 horsepower as the top-level Flying Spur W 12 S trim of the second-generation sedan. Torque, however, makes a substantial jump from 605 to 664 pound-feet.

The same MSB architecture that serves the Continental GT and the Porsche Panamera has been called up for duty. A wheelbase stretched by 5.1 inches over the previous Flying Spur delivers handling benefits and attends especially to the comfort of rear-seat passengers.

Superformed aluminum panels create sharper, smoother lines everywhere, starting with the sedan's face. A much wider grille re-establishes proportions up front, as well as a corporate look that goes its own way from the Continental. Vertical vanes in the grille channel the 1957 Bentley S1 Continental Flying Spur, and sit just ahead of a gloss black matrix mesh. The lower grille comes in gloss black matrix as well, but can be specced in bright chrome. The LED matrix headlamps have been fitted with chrome sleeves in order to glimmer even when the lights are off.

A prominent crease emphasizes the shoulders and haunches. Beneath that, the front fender vents adopt a larger and more obvious "B" shape, the lower doors accented by a chrome strip running between the wheel arches. Those arches will be filled with either the standard 21-inch wheels, or two new 22-inch wheels on sedans optioned with Mulliner Specification. In back, wrap-around taillights take on the illuminated "B" graphic, and the license plate holder moves to the lower bumper, leaving only the Bentley wings and the word "Bentley" to adorn the decklid.

The interior overhaul befits Bentley's move into its second century. A high-definition digital instrument binnacle sits behind the new steering wheel. A 12.3-inch screen on the instrument panel handles infotainment needs and performs several tricks, one of which is a proximity sensor that primes the system for commands as a hand draws near. Another trick is that the screen is set into a three-sided, rotating shape. A press of a button flips the screen to reveal a panel with three analogue gauges - temperature, compass and chronometer. Another press flips the shape again to land on a blank wood panel called "digital detox" that merely matches the veneers throughout the rest of the IP. A storage area at the base of the center console offers two USB ports and wireless charging.

A new pattern of fluted leather seating comes standard, with diamond-quilted and three-dimensional diamond quilted leather door inserts available on the options sheet. Also on the extra-cost menu, a full-length panoramic glass roof with an inset sunroof. Alcantara blinds shield passengers from a harsh sun, interior mood lighting in seven colors shields eyes from the mundane end of the light spectrum.

Drivers will appreciate the benefits of safety systems like Traffic Assist, City Assist, blind spot warning, night vision, a heads up display, top view camera, and self-parking capabilities. Occupants will appreciate any of the three sound systems: 10-speaker, 650-watt audio; a 1,500-watt, 16-speaker Bang & Olufsen system with illuminated grilles and BeoSonic; or a Naim for Bentley 2,200-watt, 19-speaker system with Active Bass Transducers built into the front seats.

The evolved 6.0-liter twin-turbocharged W12 mates to an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission. Along with the bump in twist, the faster cog-swapper drops the 0-60 mph time from 4.2 seconds in the previous Flying Spur W12 S to 3.7 seconds. The 207-mph top speed is available in sixth gear, seventh and eighth gears devoted to saving fuel at saner velocities.

A host of driveline and suspension changes elevate the dynamic experience. The 48-volt electronic architecture varies anti-roll bar stiffness to maintain a level attitude. New variable dampers hold 60 percent more air by volume, permitting a wider ride latitude between luxury and sporty cruising. Electronic four-wheel steering turns the rear wheels to shrink the turning circle or quicken high-speed reflexes. Instead of the former fixed torque split, active all-wheel drive can send all 664 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels, up to 31 percent of torque to the front axle in Sport mode, or up to 53 percent of torque to the front axle when in Comfort and Bentley modes. Brake-based torque vectoring manages transverse power.

Dealers will begin taking orders for the new Flying Spur this fall, with customer deliveries to begin early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      17 Golf Alltrack S, 08 Yukon XL
      06-11-2019 12:47 PM #2
      0-60 in 3.7 seconds for something this large...amazing.
      CLICK * POINT * CHUTE

06-11-2019 12:48 PM #3
      Handsome car. I'm sure it'll be a very nice place to sit. I'm not a fan of the stretched diamond quilting pattern on the seats. Aston Martin and Mercedes-Benz are doing the same thing on their seats. I know they had to do something as diamond quilting was becoming cliche even in mass market cars. But I'm not a big fan of it aesthetically.

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      06-11-2019 12:49 PM #4
      The new Lincoln Continental looks great! /sarc

Cars
      '12 MINI Clubman S '85 Mercedes-Benz 280CE
      06-11-2019 12:55 PM #5
      for the W12 still being around.

Definitely needs wood in the rear cabin, it looks unfinished.

I also wish they did super nice mechanical gauges in cars like these. No different than buying a Rolex.

7. Member
      Cars
      2017 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/PSE/Sport Chrono
      06-11-2019 01:00 PM #6
      Front (like the Continental GT):
      Back - including the side "fins" above the rear arches:
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD!

Cars
      '17 Accord Sport SE 6MT & '15 INFINITI QX60 Family Truckster
      06-11-2019 01:54 PM #7
      Yep, if I was stoopid rich, I'd drive one.

Cars
      Various POSes in good mechanical condition
      06-11-2019 02:04 PM #8
      This would look pretty good lowered.
      "No manual, no care."

Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      It wasn't just about the top of the dash. Or stroking it. It was just the overall feel inside the cabin. Everything was fine until you looked at the dashboard.

10. Moderator Oliver@triplezoom's Avatar
      Cars
      2017 MINI Clubman JCW, 2015 VW GTI Autobahn, 2017 MINI Cooper
      06-11-2019 03:17 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese View Post
      0-60 in 3.7 seconds for something this large...amazing.
      And 207 MPH!

11. 06-11-2019 03:22 PM #10
      Are they canning the Mulsanne as this looks sorta just like it, for cheaper id guess

Cars
      01 Tial 605 S4; 01 Maxima; 18 4Runner ORP
      06-11-2019 03:30 PM #11
      I dig it.
      Go Pack Go!
      Quote Originally Posted by bluerabbit0886 View Post
      A friend of mine is at law school at Gonzaga. He says Spokane is a real **** show. Florida of the Pacific Northwest...

06-11-2019 03:40 PM #12
      I think the grille looks way too wide.

Cars
      Audi S3, BMW 3er GT, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      06-11-2019 03:43 PM #13
      It's stunning. Now it's time for me to play that lotto.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Cars
      2017 STI
      06-11-2019 03:44 PM #14
      Interesting they went 5-seater on it. I'd have gone 4 and put some rad center console thing in the back.

Looks absolutely killer.
      I like bikes.
      Gone: 2010 VW GTI

Cars
      13' Genesis Coupe, 16' Tucson
      06-11-2019 05:09 PM #15
      Oh! That's nice!
      *runs to "Daycare lotto: how will/did you spend your winnings?" thread*

06-11-2019 05:42 PM #16
      If this was pure electric — a better Model S — it would be a dream car to me. In something so focused on luxury, I can’t get excited about ICE.
      2018 Fiat 500e eSport
      2008 Audi TT Coupe 3.2 VR6 Quattro 6MT
      2006 Lotus Exige NA

Cars
      15 Rav4
      06-11-2019 05:48 PM #17
      Looks China-Ready.
      test test Maki says "hello"

19. Member
      06-11-2019 06:33 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by johnny_p View Post
      Interesting they went 5-seater on it. I'd have gone 4 and put some rad center console thing in the back.

Looks absolutely killer.

I agree. All in all it's a really pretty car and I have nothing bad to say about it. And that must be a hoot driving from 0-100 in something so heavy.
      '14 F-150 FX4 (bread and butter)
      '11 GTI (wifeys)
      '13 MIATA (dumb modified weekend thrasher)

Cars
      Present: 991.1 GT3 Past: ND MX-5, GVB STI
      06-11-2019 07:24 PM #19
      A bit generic looking inside and out if I'm honest, but I'm sure those dead cows and fell trees feel most sumptuous.

21. 06-11-2019 07:27 PM #20
      Brits are about 10-15 years behind the times with their design.

Nothing's wrong with that, but this design is not worth more than a quick glance.

Cars
      2018 Tesla Model 3, 1988 BMW M5
      06-11-2019 07:47 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
      If this was pure electric — a better Model S — it would be a dream car to me. In something so focused on luxury, I can’t get excited about ICE.
      I feel a great disturbance in the force... Like.... We have turned some corner, and will not be going back.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Mercedes typically makes awful manual transmissions and fantastic auto transmissions. Choosing the stick would be like saying, "Y'know, that Natalie Portman is pretty hot, but if she grew some hair on her legs and had a dong, she'd be just right."
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Was it parked on the curb on garbage day?

23. Member
      06-11-2019 07:54 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by chocofrappe55 View Post
      Brits are about 10-15 years behind the times with their design.

Nothing's wrong with that, but this design is not worth more than a quick glance.
      Not everyone want's to be seen in a Lamborghini...plus, in person I bet this has plenty of road presence.
      '14 F-150 FX4 (bread and butter)
      '11 GTI (wifeys)
      '13 MIATA (dumb modified weekend thrasher)

Cars
      '08 Acura TL
      06-11-2019 07:56 PM #23
      Beautiful!

25. 06-11-2019 08:08 PM #24
      Beautiful car, but that dash looks too Audi A8, I dislike hidden screens they're gimicky.

06-12-2019 02:07 AM #25
      This color and wheel package is a bit underwhelming. I bet in person with a more striking color, this will be absolutely stunning. The new GT doesn't photograph well either, but in person is so amazingly elegant.

The SUV however is still an absolute travesty design wise. Just saw one today on 26 inch rimz, and wanted to puke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast