Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
      Cars
      2018 Alfa Stelvio, 1960 Chevy C10
      06-11-2019 09:08 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Rental? What company? Was it a stick by any chance?
      Hertz. Mine was loaded with the sport package and auto but my brother was able to rent a more base model with a manual, also from Hertz.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2017 BMW i3, 2018 Clarity, 2019 Model 3
      06-11-2019 09:26 PM #27
      These cars are going to be killer used deals. Reliability will be the weak point but imagine picking one up for $16k as a daily? So much detail and passion in its design. Love it
      Slow Car Fast

4. Nobody messes with me. Not. 😂 ChillOutPossum's Avatar
      Cars
      '14 GMC Sierra, '88 Mitsubishi Jeep CJ3B
      06-11-2019 09:34 PM #28
      Serious question....with both of these models being handily whooped by the less expensive Model 3 in every category, what is the purpose of these cars? Engine noise?

5. Member
      Cars
      2012 128i, 2007 SV650
      06-11-2019 09:40 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Rattle View Post
      Very curious and interesting. Thanks!
      x2

Cars
      2017 MINI Clubman JCW, 2015 VW GTI Autobahn, 2017 MINI Cooper
      06-11-2019 09:50 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by 66Satellite View Post
      Hertz. Mine was loaded with the sport package and auto but my brother was able to rent a more base model with a manual, also from Hertz.
      Thanks. Planning an Italy trip for next year and would love to rent something fun that isn't too pricey. Giulia and Abarth 595 seem to be the best options that offer a manual. Most of the rental BMWs are automatics now unfortunately.

Cars
      06-11-2019 10:01 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      Serious question....with both of these models being handily whooped by the less expensive Model 3 in every category, what is the purpose of these cars? Engine noise?
      Well, not everyone has home charging which really rounds out the experience but outside of this, I'm not sure whats the point of the 3 Series anymore. The Giulia seems like peak sporty sedan of the ICE age.

Slow Car Fast

Cars
      2017 MINI Clubman JCW, 2015 VW GTI Autobahn, 2017 MINI Cooper
      06-11-2019 10:31 PM #32
      I like having a car whose bumper doesn't come off after driving through snow and whose glovebox I can open without using a touchscreen. The Model 3 fails those tests.

9. Member
      Cars
      2019 G70 6MT; 2005 S2000; 2016 GTI; 2017 Volt; 2003 XC70; 1966 GTO
      06-11-2019 10:57 PM #33
      It's too bad they didn't compare the Genesis G70, because (based on my test driving) it beats both of these cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by DUBLUV401 View Post
      I am not here for grammer lesson's

Cars
      2020 BMW M340i xDrive
      06-11-2019 11:08 PM #34
      I think that the Tesla Model 3 is still not quite ready for prime time, but it is close. The Model 3 has too many issues with body panel gaps, paint defects, spontaneously breaking windows, and other miscellaneous hardware troubles. The unibody design is too complex and needs to be simplified which would help drop the price of the car.

Tesla's support system is still a work in progress. Good luck getting a fender bender repair job completed in a timely fashion.

Extremely hot or cold weather really knocks the range down and that could be an issue with trip planning.

And you better have a garage. Who want to run an extension cord out from a 240v outlet to the curb at night?

But as the EV market matures, these issues will fade away. Better and cheaper battery tech will coming and in a few years EVs will be more compelling and IC cars will drive off into the sunset.

Byron

Cars
      1974 MGB; 2017 Golf Sportwagen S 4-Motion DSG; 2017 Audi A4 Premium+, Sport+ MT
      06-11-2019 11:32 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post

This chart screams BS to me and I'd love to see the source.

So the Model 3 delivered 25k units in December? They only made 50k in all of Q1 2019.
      how come a transvestite donkey witch is next to you and why is it wearing a dress?

Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****er, say what one more goddamn time!

Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      06-11-2019 11:52 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by what View Post

So the Model 3 delivered 25k units in December? They only made 50k in all of Q1 2019.
      It is accurate for December. The $7,500 federal rebate halved to $3,750 on Jan 1, so there was a mad rush to deliver as many cars as possible in December.

Then in January they began producing the first EU and China spec cars and had lower domestic deliveries. (Q1 sales are lower pretty well across the board in the auto industry too)

Poor Alfa didn’t make that one chart...

Cars
      2018 Alfa Stelvio, 1960 Chevy C10
      06-11-2019 11:57 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Thanks. Planning an Italy trip for next year and would love to rent something fun that isn't too pricey. Giulia and Abarth 595 seem to be the best options that offer a manual. Most of the rental BMWs are automatics now unfortunately.
      Things can change quick at the rental counter. I usually fly into Turin which has a pretty small fleet. I don't remember what I reserved but it wasn't there when I got there. They were offering me a Nissan SUV. Then I found out about the Alfa and jumped for that. This summer I reserved a "Opel Insignia or similar" with Hertz at Linate (Milan). We will see what we get...
      Last edited by 66Satellite; 06-12-2019 at 12:04 AM.

06-12-2019 12:05 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by 66Satellite View Post
      Things can change quick at the rental counter.
      So true! If you think US rental car agencies are bad, just wait until you go to Italy! They’re terrible at the large international airports like Rome or Milan and they’re downright atrocious anywhere else in Italy. They’ve got to be the laziest, most corrupt and incompetent service employees I’ve ever dealt with. But when in Italy you have to seriously lower your expectations for service or else you will just get frustrated. Best to just go with the flow and every once in a while you will be pleasantly surprised like your opportunity to drive the Giulia.

Cars
      06-12-2019 12:25 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by what View Post

Sure thing. Model 3 sales counts are here. Like Mike! said, lower deliveries due to EU shipping. But dont worry, sales are rising again
      Last edited by Tommietank; 06-12-2019 at 01:28 AM.
      Slow Car Fast

16. 06-12-2019 01:55 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      So true! If you think US rental car agencies are bad, just wait until you go to Italy! They’re terrible at the large international airports like Rome or Milan and they’re downright atrocious anywhere else in Italy. They’ve got to be the laziest, most corrupt and incompetent service employees I’ve ever dealt with. But when in Italy you have to seriously lower your expectations for service or else you will just get frustrated. Best to just go with the flow and every once in a while you will be pleasantly surprised like your opportunity to drive the Giulia.
      I think the US in general has some of the very worst customer service in any developed nation you would care to mention at this point. Doesn't matter what business you are thinking of, most of them are now terrible unless you fork over a small fortune for whatever product or service you are going to buy or lease. It's truly become one of the most class based societies in the developed world now.

Cars
      2018 Acura TLX V6 SH-AWD
      06-12-2019 08:48 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by AC1DD View Post
      I think the US in general has some of the very worst customer service in any developed nation you would care to mention at this point. Doesn't matter what business you are thinking of, most of them are now terrible unless you fork over a small fortune for whatever product or service you are going to buy or lease. It's truly become one of the most class based societies in the developed world now.
      Have you ever eaten in a restaurant outside the country? The US waitstaff service is the best, bar none.

06-12-2019 08:58 AM #42
      As someone who worked for an international company and traveled to Germany regularly, you have absolutely no freaking clue what you are talking about.
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Volkswagen Golf R 6-speed, Lapiz Blue/Titan Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

19. Nobody messes with me. Not. 😂 ChillOutPossum's Avatar
      Cars
      06-12-2019 09:02 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
      Have you ever eaten in a restaurant outside the country? The US waitstaff service is the best, bar none.
      Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Download View Post
      As someone who worked for an international company and traveled to Germany regularly, you have absolutely no freaking clue what you are talking about.
      Add me to the "lolwat" list. US consumers get the best customer service treatment in the world. By a wide mile. Our minimum standards here for customer treatment are waaay above everyone elses.

20. Member
      Cars
      98 740iL, 18 i3 REX, 13 Mini Clubbie S
      06-12-2019 09:04 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      Sure thing. Model 3 sales counts are here. Like Mike! said, lower deliveries due to EU shipping. But dont worry, sales are rising again
      What did they put in then Kool-Aid you drank when you picked up your Tesla? Were lifetime subscriptions to Elektrek and Teslarati included?

EV sales, regardless of how many on particular model is selling, is still YEARS away from becoming mainstream. Outliers (yourself, me, and a few others around here) will always enjoy being an adopter but that's just the reality.

As it stands, Alfa did a whiz bang job with the Giulia. It sparks emotion, unlike any of the German competitors - and that is what makes living with a car so much easier. It also seems to have the right mix of options now that they have refined them a bit since launch. I could easily see one of these in the fleet in the upcoming year or two, if we do not have a place to plug in.

21. Member
      Cars
      '13 Optima SX-L, '11 MKX, '06 ER-6N
      06-12-2019 09:07 AM #45
      Add me to the "lolwat" list. US consumers get the best customer service treatment in the world. By a wide mile. Our minimum standards here for customer treatment are waaay above everyone elses.
      +4, both from personal experience and things I've read lately

There's a rash of POISONINGS of guests at resorts in the Dominican Republic. AC1DD is an endless stream of garbage hot takes

Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      06-12-2019 09:17 AM #46
      You guys fed a troll account with 37 posts who joined two weeks ago... wtf, just ignore.

23. Nobody messes with me. Not. 😂 ChillOutPossum's Avatar
      Cars
      06-12-2019 09:20 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      You guys fed a troll account with 37 posts who joined two weeks ago... wtf, just ignore.
      Just trying to put some spice back into TCL.

06-12-2019 09:36 AM #48
      The neighbor has a spec'd out red one. I personally think that they are bulbously-ugly in a slightly Mazda kinda way. I'm glad though someone else is joining the competition with Audi to give BMW slap in the face because the really need it.

Cars
      06-12-2019 09:59 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by TDIBUGMAN View Post
      What did they put in then Kool-Aid you drank when you picked up your Tesla? Were lifetime subscriptions to Elektrek and Teslarati included?

EV sales, regardless of how many on particular model is selling, is still YEARS away from becoming mainstream. Outliers (yourself, me, and a few others around here) will always enjoy being an adopter but that's just the reality.

As it stands, Alfa did a whiz bang job with the Giulia. It sparks emotion, unlike any of the German competitors - and that is what makes living with a car so much easier. It also seems to have the right mix of options now that they have refined them a bit since launch. I could easily see one of these in the fleet in the upcoming year or two, if we do not have a place to plug in.
      They actually give you the choice of a red or blue pill after you sign for it. It's wild

I just find it crazy that this little car from an OEM with questional build quality, a weak track record of service, and dubious future can not only outsell an established model but nearly a whole segment. Then you drive one and get why it's so good and different. So ChillOutPossum has a great question. Why buy a 3 Series or Giulia over one? Outside of charging at home, is it the noise? The shifting? The familiarity?
      Slow Car Fast

Cars
      2019 Hyundai Ioniq
      06-12-2019 10:05 AM #50
      The new 330i is nicer than the pre-LCI and LCI F30 3 series for sure. But the pricing on it is insane. I would not say it is nice enough to have a price premium over the Audi A4 or Lexus IS. Especially with the Tesla Model 3 undercutting BMW significantly, and that is full a fully electric car. I have seen more Tesla Model 3's than new 3 series in my area and that makes sense with the Model 3 selling so well nationally and is heavily outselling the 3 series. It is too bad the build quality on the Model 3 is hit or miss. Hopefully, Tesla also gets rid of Elon Musk who is a disaster for the company and is anti-union. I do not get the point of the Alfa Romeo Giulia. It is still a heavy 4 cylinder automatic transmission luxury sedan with iffy build quality and heavy depreciation.
      Last edited by 50fridge; 06-12-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast