Fourtitude.com - help me design my PCV system
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 05-17-2019 07:12 PM #1
      Hey guys, id appreciate anyone reading though my problem and helping me solve my PCV crisis Im trying to design my PCV system, little background: Fully built motor, Blow through MAF, 7163 EFR turbo.
      I have made 2 diagrams but i have questions as they are not finished..
      So i already have a 4 port -10an catch can setup to my crank case and valve cover. I need help with the other end.

This option provides enough crank case ventilation but doesn't allow any pcv during boost.

I have a Moroso Venturi pipe hooked up to my exhaust that pulls some vacuum, but not a lot so i get some blue smoke on idle
      This option provides ventilation during both boost and vacuum, but i dont see where any fresh air can be drawn into the system or any pressure to be vented when full boost.
      Pulling air though my TIP is not an option since my inlet pipe is huge and provides almost no vacuum.
      Again, id really appreciate if anyone can help me with a simplistic method to plumb the rest of my pcv system.
      Last edited by gurvir44; 05-17-2019 at 07:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      20th--97’ 4-Runner
      Yesterday 08:29 PM #2
      Why the need to change?

Are you trying to chase every last HP?

There is nothing wrong with your setup now. I have been running a vent to atmosphere Pcv system for years with many track miles and have never had an issue.

Vacuum on the back side of the rings yes is a good thing but not Absolutely needed unless chasing all the horsepower or having oiling issues.
      Speed Kills.Save Your Life.Drive a Honda.

Shearer Fabrications.Garrett/HTA.Southbend.INA Engineering. Integrated Engineering.JE Pistons.Gonzo Tuning.Precision.Autotech cam.

4. Yesterday 08:45 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubguy97 View Post
      Why the need to change?

Are you trying to chase every last HP?

There is nothing wrong with your setup now. I have been running a vent to atmosphere Pcv system for years with many track miles and have never had an issue.

Vacuum on the back side of the rings yes is a good thing but not Absolutely needed unless chasing all the horsepower or having oiling issues.
      I am seeing lots of blue smoke during acceleration and idle so it needs to be changed.