Fourtitude.com - TTRS stock exhaust MOD with APR downpipe
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 05-15-2019 02:04 PM #1
      Stopped by my local muffler shop (Mufflex in Trenton, NJ) this morning who cut out the flapper and pulled out all of the fiberglass packing in the muffler. All in all, they charged me $200. Stainless steel welds. I couldn’t see paying $1500 for a “sport” muffler with less fiberglass packing.

Stopped by Redline Speed Worx afterwords and got the Stage 2 APR chip. Car is ****ing nuts 😂

Last edited by Afarms; 05-19-2019 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Typo

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      07 passat 2.0t wagon,09 vw cc vr6 4motion,2008 audi tt dsg.
      05-16-2019 04:10 PM #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      strictly a lower case poster Mods waaaaaaay too many to list

4. 05-17-2019 10:48 AM #3
      Do you have any sound clips? I wanted to do this to my car and I live really close to Trenton. How was their workmanship? Did you notice any rattles after they did it? Is there any droning?

It looks like they also cut the exhaust off the car instead of just unbolting it. What's the reason for that??
      Last edited by ribtits; 05-17-2019 at 11:15 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 05-17-2019 03:55 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by ribtits View Post
      Do you have any sound clips? I wanted to do this to my car and I live really close to Trenton. How was their workmanship? Did you notice any rattles after they did it? Is there any droning?

It looks like they also cut the exhaust off the car instead of just unbolting it. What's the reason for that??
      Im happy with their work. All stainless steel TIG welds. The muffler surgery was done on the top of the muffler. Not visible from under the car. They asked me if I cared about cutting. I didn’t mind honestly because the next visit to Mufflex they will be fabricating a muffler bypass in that spot reusing the original flapper to the passenger side exhaust tip. (Similar to the second exhaust flapper I installed on my oem MK4 R32 muffler). I’ll update this thread with sound and video clips.

Regarding current sound right now it’s essentially slightly louder than the sports version. I don’t have stock cats but the APR high flow downpipe. I didn’t notice any extra droning. No rattling.
      Last edited by Afarms; 05-17-2019 at 05:10 PM.

7. 05-17-2019 04:32 PM #5
      Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to the sound clips. I currently have everything stock (non-sport catback & stock downpipe). I just want to take out that fiberglass in the muffler box like you did here.

I'm probably just gonna take out my catback exhaust myself and bring it to their shop with my Yukon. I'd like to minimize the amount of cuts to the exhaust if possible haha
      Last edited by ribtits; 05-17-2019 at 04:40 PM.

8. 05-18-2019 02:41 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by ribtits View Post
      Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to the sound clips. I currently have everything stock (non-sport catback & stock downpipe). I just want to take out that fiberglass in the muffler box like you did here.

I'm probably just gonna take out my catback exhaust myself and bring it to their shop with my Yukon. I'd like to minimize the amount of cuts to the exhaust if possible haha
      Nice dude! I’m out in Chicago for the weekend for a wedding but I’ll make a video some time next week when I’m back. I suggest calling Mufflex ahead of time and scheduling an appointment. They usually don’t take walk-ins as they’re usually booked out in advance.

I’ll keep this thread updated with pictures of future cool modifications I have planned for the stock exhaust. I’m really against removing the resonators as I’m not a fan of the rasp it creates. Audi engineers designed and placed them to specifically remove unpleasant frequencies. I believe there are other methods to achieve a louder deeper sound. More to come!
      Last edited by Afarms; 05-19-2019 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Typo