Fourtitude.com - 2020 Audi A4 refresh
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 57

    Hybrid View


    1. 05-14-2019 08:17 PM #2
      Lol, I’ve been waiting for someone to post this. The only thing I think is an improvement is the rear looks better. The front looks worse and the interior screen looks even bigger and more tacked on than before. On the bright side I heard that they will all have the mild hybrid system.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    2. 05-14-2019 08:17 PM #3
      You welcome

      Quote Originally Posted by Jacobmk7 View Post
      Lol, I’ve been waiting for someone to post this. The only thing I think is an improvement is the rear looks better. The front looks worse and the interior screen looks even bigger and more tacked on than before. On the bright side I heard that they will all have the mild hybrid system.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    3. Senior Member Mazda 3s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2003
      Location
      Garner, NC
      Posts
      23,039
      Cars
      2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited
      05-14-2019 08:19 PM #4
      Wait, didn’t they just refresh it like a year ago?
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

      Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

    4. 05-14-2019 08:20 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post
      Wait, didn’t they just refresh it like a year ago?
      Yea, for 2019 they changed the fog lights.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2015
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      829
      Cars
      2017 A4 Limousine, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      05-14-2019 08:26 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post
      Wait, didn’t they just refresh it like a year ago?
      That was like a fake refresh. This is the true B9.5

      Cool that they managed to integrate the new infotainment

      Avant looks great IMO

    6. Member BRZ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 7th, 2005
      Location
      SWO
      Posts
      2,837
      Cars
      '05 330cic ZHP, '16 GTI
      05-14-2019 08:29 PM #7

    7. Member 16volt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2000
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      7,618
      Cars
      Germany, 1986
      05-14-2019 08:25 PM #8
      notbad.jpeg

      I love they incorporated the fold away screen ala the A6 and A3.

    8. Member TangoRed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2005
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      11,307
      05-14-2019 08:55 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by 16volt View Post
      notbad.jpeg

      I love they incorporated the fold away screen ala the A6 and A3.
      Ha. That screen isn't folding away anywhere.
      Last edited by TangoRed; 05-14-2019 at 10:16 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

    9. Geriatric Member spockcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2003
      Location
      West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Posts
      40,571
      Cars
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 17 Escape, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      05-14-2019 08:32 PM #10
      Looks nice but if you posted the un-refreshed next to the refresh, without any captions, I'm not sure many people would even know the difference.

    10. 05-14-2019 08:39 PM #11
      Audi's design language is getting really stale and needs a major overhaul. They're ridden the new grill from years ago into the ground. You can't just keep adding more lines and thinning things out. Time for something fresh.

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      1,831
      Cars
      '17 GTI, '18 F22, '13 E88, etc.
      05-15-2019 11:14 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Looks nice but if you posted the un-refreshed next to the refresh, without any captions, I'm not sure many people would even know the difference.
      I agree, which is confounding because it also appears to be a fairly heavy refresh. Looks like new hood, lights, front bumper, doors, and taillights. Not sure why they went to so much effort.

    12. 05-14-2019 08:41 PM #13
      Tailights still bland, interior leaves me cold gimme a B6 interior

    13. 05-14-2019 08:46 PM #14
      They gave it the terrible A5 front end/headlights - instant failure.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 17th, 2006
      Posts
      4,193
      Cars
      JK & B9
      05-14-2019 08:53 PM #15
      Not bad.. detail changes tie it closer to the A6 now. When the B9 was first released, it was pretty "bland" to me. I think the attempt at "box" flares is a nice small nod to its history. I just hope they continue to offer the allroad or the avant again (maybe order only basis?).

    15. 05-14-2019 09:12 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Hufeisen View Post
      Not bad.. detail changes tie it closer to the A6 now. When the B9 was first released, it was pretty "bland" to me. I think the attempt at "box" flares is a nice small nod to its history. I just hope they continue to offer the allroad or the avant again (maybe order only basis?).
      Ironically I absolutely love the way the a6 looks, I know some may disagree but I think it’s the best looking non exotic/sports car under 100k. They just did an amazing job, the stance, the wheels, the hard creases that run down the door to the trunk, they just did a really good job. Hopefully when the b10 a4 comes out, it will look closer to what the a6 looks like. This b9.5 a4, I hate to say it looks kinda half assed to me.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2015
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      829
      Cars
      2017 A4 Limousine, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      05-14-2019 08:54 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Rakshas View Post
      They gave it the terrible A5 front end/headlights - instant failure.
      Nope. Try again

    17. 05-14-2019 10:16 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      Nope. Try again
      They went from a nice looking semi unique shape to the terrible “pulled the scalp a little too tight on the facelift” rectangle that the A5 line has been using. It was my big gripe on that design and now they’ve doubled down on it.

      I’m in agreement with everyone that says Audi design in general continues to slide. They hit their peak a few years back and they’re running out of ways to rework their heyday.

    18. Member fireside's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2008
      Posts
      1,992
      Cars
      14 focus st
      05-14-2019 11:07 PM #19
      The Hyundai Elantra called, it wants its nose back.
      2016 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab // mine
      2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/tech pkg // hers

    19. Member 1Point8TDan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 4th, 2003
      Location
      Calgary, AB
      Posts
      8,897
      Cars
      D40 Frontier CC 4X4, 3BG Passat .:RS Variant
      05-14-2019 11:34 PM #20
      The rear looks like a Jetta which is not a good thing. The front is kinda boring. Be hard for even an RS4 to save that.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      2,916
      Cars
      '13 Optima SX-L, '11 MKX, '06 ER-6N
      05-15-2019 07:19 AM #21
      Praise Gaia, they have not moved over to the "all touch everything" interior controls in the most expensive cars

      Still looks like a Jetta though

      A5 SB hybrid for me please.

    21. Junior Member nc_detail_garage's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2017
      Location
      Charlotte
      Posts
      49
      Cars
      B9 S4 / Levante
      05-16-2019 09:48 AM #22
      As a b9 owner, I think it looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing the S4 but Audi really needs to make it stand further apart from the A4. Since you can get the A4 w/ black optics and s-line.

    22. Member 1x1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2016
      Location
      Portland, ME
      Posts
      233
      Cars
      '96 LX450
      05-16-2019 01:25 PM #23
      Sneak peak at the upcoming 2032 A4.


    23. Member ironside_a's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 18th, 2002
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      2,068
      Cars
      '12 Audi S4 6MT, '08 Audi TT 3.2 6MT
      05-14-2019 08:59 PM #24
      This is actually pretty comprehensive for a mid-cycle refresh. The faux-boxed fenders are interesting - I'll be interested to see how they work in 3 dimensions.

    24. Member TangoRed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2005
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      11,307
      05-14-2019 09:16 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by ironside_a View Post
      This is actually pretty comprehensive for a mid-cycle refresh. The faux-boxed fenders are interesting - I'll be interested to see how they work in 3 dimensions.
      I really only like the box fenders in the rear. It looks somewhat random in the front in my opinion.

      Quote Originally Posted by Jacobmk7 View Post
      Ironically I absolutely love the way the a6 looks, I know some may disagree but I think it’s the best looking non exotic/sports car under 100k. They just did an amazing job, the stance, the wheels, the hard creases that run down the door to the trunk, they just did a really good job. Hopefully when the b10 a4 comes out, it will look closer to what the a6 looks like. This b9.5 a4, I hate to say it looks kinda half assed to me.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Have you seen it in person? I loved it in pictures but then in person some of the design details came looking a bit fussy to me.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 19
      Last Post: 02-14-2019, 01:26 PM
    2. By 2020, Audi Will Have an EV That Will Charge to 80% in 12 Minutes
      By RSS NewsBot in forum Fourtitude News Feed
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 09-28-2018, 11:20 AM
    3. 2020 Audi SQ3 Surfaces for the First Time
      By RSS NewsBot in forum Fourtitude News Feed
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-12-2018, 10:10 AM
    4. MT WOT Blog: "Refreshing or Revolting: 2009 Audi A4"
      By PUMA4kicks in forum Audi News Blog (Old)
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 08-01-2008, 10:07 PM
    5. Audi TT Refreshed by Mattig
      By [email protected] in forum TT (Mk1, a4 chassis)
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 08-17-2005, 10:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •