Fourtitude.com - 3 Things You Love About your Car. And 3 Things You Hate.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      997 GTS
      05-14-2019 06:38 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterTroy View Post
      Motor blew. Car has been sitting for close to a couple months again waiting for parts to fix a trans leak. Have probably had about 3-4 months without issue since getting it in October 2017. The motor thing was brought up before, and again, people are going to act like they have no idea what I'm talking about on a public forum, but I would really give some thought to tuning these cars if you still have a stock one.
      I never got into how I ended up with a fully built engine in my TTRS. I'm not going to now either. But I heartily agree that the 2.5 TFSI may be best left closer to stock. Its one hell of a sweet thing but at the same time.. all that tuning potential was left on the table for reasons likely known to the R&D folks at Audi. Important lessons learned. The kind you only need to learn once!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterTroy View Post
      That really isn't up to you. Story time, please.
      I dont have any good stories. Its just that many/most folks who want to talk about things like a 911 are not the people you end up wanting to have a conversation about it with just randomly at the gas station or other places. Including friends and family. Over the years if the car comes up in conversation I mention it as "my car" and steer away from calling it a 911 (if it hasn't already come up, I'm not bringing it up unless gearhead). at a certain point peoples preconceived notions overwhelm a lot of whatever may come next. I guess its like the whole vaping Impreza thing. Only worse. (I'm guessing)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2019 MINI Hardtop
      05-14-2019 06:43 PM #77
      2019 MINI JCW Hardtop

Pros
      - Fun to toss around in corners
      - Low-end/mid range torque reminds me of an LS1
      - Good sound system

Cons
      - Ride quality on the 18's is bad
      - Price(mine is a company car but at $40K sticker w/o NAV this is not a value)
      - Engine not very fun to rev and the auto saps even more fun out of it(even though its pretty decent)
      Last edited by JustinCSVT; 05-14-2019 at 06:46 PM.

4. 05-14-2019 06:51 PM #78
      2018 Civic Si

Love:
      1) The price. You honestly can’t do better for 24k new. The money I save on this is freeing me up for a number of other projects I decided to prioritize in the near future.

2) The feature set. It has a little bit of sporty feel and I love being back in a Manuel coming from my AMG, and the infotainment is everyone I want and nothing I don’t.

3) The practicality. Sedan form factor is nice for when I need to carry people and the trunk is generous. 28-30mpg city is the best I’ve ever had and it’s nice having a relatively low profile.

Hate:
      1) So. Damn. Boring. I’ve never had a car that felt so appliance like or that I was so unexcited about. Yes it will do what you ask when you cane it and there’s a decent chassis buried under there, but there’s just no desire to do so.

2) The quality. Rattles from the day I drove it off the lot. Shifter occasionally acts up and gets floppy between 5-6 and reverse (hard to feel the decent), I’m constantly tucking the carpet back under the center console.

3. The fabric door cards and armrests. Had them in my MK5 GTI as well and they were mildly annoying there, but they’re downright hateful here. Scratchy and cheap feeling when I’m in scrubs or short sleeves. Really considering having them leather wrapped even though it’s a lease.

2005 M3

Love:

1) The looks. Hands down BMW’s best design ever IMO. With the CSL body parts and the full individual cinnamon interior I think mine is perfect.

2) The old school feel. The car feels old and analog, in a way no new car I’ve driven does. It’s the last of an era I don’t think we’ll see again.

3) The nostalgia. A carbon black e46 M3 was the first car I ever really wanted, so it’s nice to have ticked that box.

Hate

1) BMW cost cutting. The rear floor design and elements of the VANOS system are a travesty. Luckily aftermarket solutions exist.

2) The running costs. Mine could swallow about 10k without blinking to get it to where I want it.

3) The seating position. Not an actual hate item, but there’s not much I don’t like so it makes it on. The e46 sedans have a better seating position than the coupe and I preferred the one on my ZHP.

Cars
      IY AWD 20th, 2008 RS4, 2013 Touareg TDI
      05-14-2019 06:52 PM #79
      2008 RS4:

Love
      The sound/drive
      The rawness
      The right amount of tech

Hate
      Too high cruising RPMs
      Limited aftermarket
      Carbon cleaning

2013 Touareg TDI:

Love
      Economy
      Drives "smaller" than it is
      Cruising comfort

Hate
      HVAC seems taxed
      The mirror selection/heat/folding knob (I'll explain below)
      Touchscreen can be quite laggy, at times. Inconsistent

So, more on the mirror knob.

This is it:

Now, I leave the switch on "R", as when I back up, it dips the right hand mirror down, and it makes it extremely easy to snug up to a curb for parallel parking, especially in conjunction with the rear view camera.

I also have the car set to automatically fold the mirrors when locked. So, if I need to use the heated function, I have to go through N, L, onto heat.. Because if you rotate the other way, through fold, the mirrors will start to fold instantly and then extend once heat is selected.

I know, it seems trivial, but on MK4s (which I'm quite used to) heat option was in between the sides. So, I'm guessing due to tons of people not thinking and leaving their mirrors on heat 100% of the time and burning them out, maybe VW decided to change this? Either way, it's the smaller things like this that you use often, that don't seem thought out..

Cars
      14 focus st
      05-14-2019 07:26 PM #80
      2016 Nissan Frontier SV CC 4x4 w/Value Package

Things I Like
      1. Engine/Power - adequate, sounds good.
      2. Suspension - rides well, not too floaty, handles weight alright.
      3. Seats/interior - very comfortable for me. 6' 230lb. Bluetooth works well, stereo sounds good. GREAT visibility and seating position.

Things I Don't Like
      1. Transmission - shifts slow, but responds well/downshifts quickly. Wish 5th gear was taller, or there was a 6th gear.
      2. Headlights - low beams & fogs are fine. High beams are downright sad.
      3. Ride height - wish it sat 1-2" higher. Will fix this eventually.

2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD

Things I Like
      1. Transmission - one of the best automatics I've ever driven. Straight up telepathic. Coming from someone who has driven manuals for most of thier life, this thing is AMAZING.
      2. Interior - beautifully designed. Simple, well made, feels expensive. Infotainment, NAV & HVAC work great. BOSE very stereo sounds good.
      3. Headlights - those adaptive LED headlights that turn with you are cool as heck.

Things I Don't Like
      1. Rattles - theres an annoying as hell rattle in the trunk area and near the sunroof that drive me nuts. They don't bother my wife and its her car, so whatever.
      2. Visibility - it's meh, but that's most new vehicles.
      3. Ride - can be a little busy at times - sometimes it feels too stiff, and sometimes it feels under dampened.
      Last edited by fireside; 05-14-2019 at 07:30 PM.
      2016 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab // mine
      2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD w/tech pkg // hers

Cars
      E92 BMW M3 / 95B Porsche Macan GTS/ MK1 VW Cabriolet / '14 Royal Enfield CGT
      05-14-2019 08:13 PM #81
      Three things I :

1) The engine note.

2) The speed, especially after S/C and supporting mods.

3) The handling.

Three things I :

1) The depreciation. Not that I plan on selling it, but the watching the car's value plummet is sad.

2) The M Tax. Maintenance and preventative maintenance are pretty costly.

3) The lack of low-end torque. However, this is somewhat of a silver lining as it means I have to mash it to get it moving, which gives me more of #1 from the things I love.

Pics for reference:

Cars
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      05-14-2019 10:00 PM #82
      My 2011 Fiesta SES

3 Likes:
      1) Cheap overall. The powershift depressed the resale of all Fiestas, so entry cost was low (cash), great fuel economy, and up until now only needed tires, oil, and brakes.
      2) The power and driving dynamics remind me fondly of my MkII and MkIII. i really enjoyed tossing and flogging around those, and feel the same about this car.
      3) Good tech. With push-button start and even with the base Sync, I'm spoiled. It's worked very well for me, does what i tell it to do without needing a Car Play or Android Auto middle-man.

3 Dislikes:
      1) Could use another 10-20 hp. Yes, ST power would be awesome, but just a 10-15% increase would increase the fun factor.
      2) Cheap, lowest-bidder struts have been making clunking noise since 22-ish K miles, and i'm now at 81K. It doesn't hop badly or bounce, but it's now starting to get worse. I'm looking at new shocks and struts soon, so this one's temporary.
      3) Maybe due to the worn shocks/struts, our local potholed roads are beating the crap out of it, and i'm starting to hear a couple of buzzes/rattles from somewhere in the back. It's been very tight and quiet for an economy car until the last couple of weeks.
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

9. 05-14-2019 10:50 PM #83
      2015 STI w/built motor:

Love:
      - the power is brutal, myself and my friend with a tuned E63 AMG were left with our yaws open when we were bumper to bumper at high speed, couldn’t pull away from each other!
      - the driving experience, nothing now a days compares to the analog feel, 100% mechanical
      - not many cars that keep their value this good.. I’m keeping this car forever as my weekend car and it’s refreshing to know it’s always going to be worth a hefty amount (in case something happens to it).

Hate:
      - 13MPG.. seriously, I fill it up all the way and the range usually shows about 190 miles lol
      - sure it’s actually reliable.. but there’s always something that needs to be replaced soon, ALWAYS something.
      - there is no smooth setting, it’s always punishing

——————

2018 Civic Si:

Love:
      - 40mpg while cruising at 84mph.. roadtrips are quick and cheap. IMO the efficiency of this car is amazing.
      - the chassis and adaptive damper combo is sooooo good, never thought a Civic could glide over rail road tracks, and then have zero body roll on corners.
      - the seating position/cabin.. it feels like a space ship inside. As someone that’s into aircrafts.. the “cockpit” of the Si makes me very happy.

Hate:
      - no spare tire, this was already a problem.
      - the cloth material used on the door cards seems really cheap and stains if you just look at it wrong.. needs to be replaced eventually.

Cars
      2016 A6 2.0T Quattro
      05-14-2019 10:59 PM #84
      2015 eGolf...
      Pros: Costs $30 to drive 1000 miles. Design and interior. Versatility. Visibility. Off the line torque.
      Cons: Range. Charge time and availibity of fast chargers.

2016 A6...
      Pros: Feel like a baller. Feels safe. Refreshed C7.5 completely nailed from a design standpoint. Good mid range torque.
      Cons: Averaging 20 MPG. Paddle shifters should have -/+ on each side to drive one handed. She’s a big ass bitch.
      FOR SALE: 2015 eGolf SEL Premium, 52,000 miles, $11,500

Cars
      Group B WRC, Group A DTM, and BHRC Cat 3.
      05-14-2019 11:03 PM #85
      E30 M3

the reliability. It's never let me down, always starts..no problems.
      the fact that it's so sorted, that it runs/drives/handles like a new (1991) car.
      the performance is stellar when provoked, yet it's more like a GT when just tooling about on the highway.

the E30 & M3 tax. All the parts are going for stupid money, especially used parts. The greed is out of control.
      the gearbox...the car is perfect, except the gearbox. What a let down. The car begs to be driven hard, but the gearbox cannot be rushed.
      the hype. It's good and bad, mostly bad. I love to talk cars, but please don't chat me up for 30 mins and throw me a crap offer.
      If you have a 5 cylinder, you don't need a stereo.

What is a Homologation car you ask?
      http://www.fia.com/list-previously-homologated-cars

12. Member
      Cars
      MGB GT
      05-15-2019 06:54 AM #86
      2005 Volvo V50 1.6d:
      Love:
      - Interior, seats and stereo.
      - Mileage.
      - Space in the back.

Hate:
      - Every time I fix a thing, something else breaks.
      - Finicky about maintenance and oil. Mine has had three turbos, an oil pump, main bearings and chain guide.
      - Super duper boring.

1976 MGB GT:
      Love:
      - Looks.
      - Sound.
      - Sense of occasion.

Hate:
      - Lack of speed.
      - Electrical system.
      - Crappy past repairs.

2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8:
      - Handling and grip.
      - Droptop.
      - Fun.

Hate:
      - Myself, for planning to take the motor out and put it in the MGB.

Blog Entries
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      05-15-2019 09:13 AM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by Rakshas View Post

2005 M3

Hate

2) The running costs. Mine could swallow about 10k without blinking to get it to where I want it.
      What does this refer to? Is this what it would cost you to make it factory fresh (new paint and new interior bits)? Or is this maintenance and broken parts? I can't think of how I'd spent $10k on my car, unless its repainting it and doing a bunch of stuff it doesn't really need to make it more visually fresh. I could take a chunk out of that $10k and do the rod bearings, ARP bolt kit, and new motor mounts, but that's not close to a $10k job. I do need to get my ZCP wheels refinished as they are pretty trashed, but even adding that on to the other stuff, doesn't take me to $10k.

14. 05-15-2019 09:19 AM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopteryx View Post

2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8:
      - Handling and grip.
      - Droptop.
      - Fun.

Hate:
      That's because you're putting something nicer in, right? Right?

Loving all this commentary!

15. 05-15-2019 10:13 AM #89
      13 Outback Limited 2.5

3 Loves
      Carries Kayak and Fishing equipment no problem
      Great for Road Trips
      Has all the options I want (obv a newer infotainment would be great)

3 hates
      CVT
      Weak Engine; a heavy car for just 170HP
      Reliability (thank god for 3rd party warranty)
      (4) the Fuel consumption gage at driver screen, I want to turn that off so bad

16. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      05-15-2019 10:45 AM #90
      1976 MGB GT:
      Love:
      - Looks.
      - Sound.
      - Sense of occasion.

Hate:
      - Lack of speed.
      - Electrical system.
      - Crappy past repairs.
      Can relate! Man, the hacks that have messed with old cars... I could write a book on the subject. Well, I could at least write a good pamphlet.

It's probably half of the problem you have with the electrical system. The other half is probably mostly bad grounds, with Lucas issues popping up now and again.

2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8:
      - Handling and grip.
      - Droptop.
      - Fun.

Hate:
      You're starting a thread if and when you do that, right?
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Cars
      7 Speed RGASM
      05-15-2019 10:54 AM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      Three things I

3) Magnetic ride control. Rides really really really firm on dynamic mode, barely comfortable on comfort mode
      Does the S3 have shipping pucks in the front springs? If so, and they didn't remove them as part of PDI that could account for these problems. Happens on VWs all the time.
      2018 Golf R - mine, mine, all mine.
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

Cars
      Audi S3, BMW 3er GT, BMW X3, and a Toyota Appiiance
      05-15-2019 12:47 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      Does the S3 have shipping pucks in the front springs? If so, and they didn't remove them as part of PDI that could account for these problems. Happens on VWs all the time.
      Really? Why wouldn't the dealer remove the shipping pucks during PDI is beyond me. Well, the rear seat release still had blue plastic covers during delivery so you never know. Thanks for letting me know. I'm gonna take a look at it during lunch.

BTW, S3's ride is not punishing, but it is a lot firmer than anything I had in the past. Just means I'm getting old.
      Last edited by Uber Wagon; 05-15-2019 at 12:51 PM.
      Beer: The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

19. Member
      Cars
      '17 GTI, '18 F22, '13 E88, etc.
      05-15-2019 01:01 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      Can relate! Man, the hacks that have messed with old cars... I could write a book on the subject. Well, I could at least write a good pamphlet.
      Lol I know this feeling. Get at a part, see a past repair..."What were they thinking?!"

Applies to houses too.

Cars
      2018 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual, 2008 Hayabusa, 2014 RDX
      05-15-2019 01:58 PM #94
      2018 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

3 things I
      1. Torque, feels like my 06 Mustang GT
      2. Handling
      3. Fake Rich(I paid less than a coworker paid for his Ford Escape)

3 things I
      1. Fuel mileage is not much better than my 06 Mustang GT
      2. Size. It is useable, but it is small. CTS sized would be better.
      3. 93 octane recommended

21. Member
      Cars
      1963 Chrysler Imperial, 1986 VW GTI
      05-15-2019 05:43 PM #95
      1973 VW Beetle (Subaru EJ25 converted)

Untitled by Matthew Causey, on Flickr

1) Style
      2) It's silly fast - 165+hp and under 2,000lbs
      3) Unique. I see so few aircooled VWs around anymore

1) Suspension comfort. Bilstein shocks, large sway bars, and low profile tires is a jolting ride
      2) I'm 6'4" and it's a Beetle. I guess that's not a fault of the car. Or me, for that matter.
      3) The damn lack of aftermarket seating available. I'll eventually correct this.

2006 Toyota Sequoia

Untitled by Matthew Causey, on Flickr

1) Insanely comfortable and relatively quiet
      2) Absolutely cavernous, especially with rear most seats removed.
      3) Even with the baby V8, it tows moderately heavy loads with no problem.

1) 14mpg no matter what
      2) Interior plastics are a little cheap
      3) Brakes aren't nearly grabby enough

Cars
      17 Golf Alltrack S, 08 Yukon XL
      05-15-2019 09:01 PM #96
      17 Alltrack

1. DSG is damn good
      2. Brown interior is awesome
      3. Best snow car I have ever had

1. Goes through tires
      2. Miss the TDI
      3. A bit small sometimes, A Passat Alltrack would be perfect.

08 Yukon XL

1. Ton of space
      2. Rear buckets
      3. Darn reliable
      3A. Paid for

1. Transmission is dated
      2. Plastic Interior
      3. Mileage is not great, but not bad.
      CLICK * POINT * CHUTE

23. Member
      Cars
      2016 Fiesta ST, 1991 Honda Beat
      05-15-2019 09:20 PM #97
      FiST

1) Actually so fun to drive that it helped me survive some life trauma.
      2) Fantastic learning-to-drive tool: the handling balance is wonderful and not coincidentally makes it great in the snow. Good controls and communication, etc, etc.
      3) Important and expensive parts can take a beating

1) really makes me want to get something stupid to replace it
      2) irritating little problems: wheel balancers fell off and climate control makes annoying noise for first five seconds it runs
      3) Powerband is done well before redline. I think a bigger, laggier-but-top-end-having turbo would make it more fun

Beat

1) fun 100% of the time
      2) all the sensory experiences are immersive and remind me of like the first time I ever drove
      3) makes every like random person who sees it happy

1) garbage roads make me worry it will break
      2) it's a little too soft and gentle in the handling/steering department
      3) worried someone in the hood will break into/mutilate it
      Last edited by Schrodinger's Rattle; 05-15-2019 at 09:23 PM.
      You look nice today.

Cars
      Q5 TDi, Sportsmobile Van, Mazda CX-5
      05-15-2019 09:22 PM #98
      Audi Q5 TDI

• Fuel economy of 30mpg for a cute ute
      • Diesel costs less than premium but I still have a turbo
      • Audi with black optics option always looks amazing. Amazing b&o stereo

Dislike (I don't hate anything on this car)
      • Button to open and button to close hatch
      • Mis-perception of fake rich
      • leather interior is either too hot or too cold

Sportsmobile 4x4 van

• Being able to winter camp and not pay for lodging at or near ski areas
      • Being able to camp just about anywhere and never set up a tent
      • People passing in traffic snapping their necks...it never gets old

Dislike
      • 10 mg
      • 4 speed transmission, 3.55 gears and 33 inch tires means I'm flooring it up mountain passes and going 65 mph max
      • Something is always broken. ALWAYS

I'm not rich, I'm just clever enough to buy depreciated vehicles at the right time....
      Last edited by simple; 05-15-2019 at 11:08 PM.
      If you can't measure it, you can't understand it; if you can't understand it, you can't control it.

As said on BAT "We’ll burn this guy to high hell for lowering his car but we will bid 6 figures on safari builds. Come on son" - 2mAn

25. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      05-15-2019 10:04 PM #99
      Nicely done Hawc. Good thread.

2016 Chevy SS

Three things I :

1) The brakes. Never faded them. That's impressive for stock brakes on a 4,000lb sedan that isn't a slouch in a straight line, and that does a lot of downhill runs.

2) Magnetic Ride/Suspension. It's a magic carpet that's smooth when I'm commuting, and it doesn't get flustered on rough pavement when hustling.

3) The sleeper status. It surprises people with the effortless speed in the mountains. It's fun to easily outpace cars with it, because lets face it, it looks like a rental car with chrome trim.

Three things I :

1) Weight means it eats tires. If I'm having fun I get around 3,000 miles on a set of tires. I've also killed a set in an afternoon.

2) No external trunk release button. Cmon man. It has push button lock and unlock on all four door handles, but nothing for the trunk

3) Head unit sucks. It's common for it to behave oddly when you fire the car up. Pairing in progress calls is bad, back up camera sometimes does odd stuff, no Apple Car Play.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

26. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just another GTI's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      05-15-2019 10:13 PM #100
      2017 GTI Sport, 6M

Pros:
      The seats,
      Power with JB4,
      Always fun at anytime

Cons:
      Rough ride,
      Manual transmission with notchy second gear,
      The ever present noise.

Anymore, I just want a quiet car without shifting. Tired of the 'sort of performance' cars.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast