Fourtitude.com - A/c
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Thread: A/c

1. 05-13-2019 08:12 PM #1
      Anyone have knowledge on a/c valve solenoids and ambient temperature sensors? A/c blowing hot filled with free on ,but only warm air.i had just replaced the snap ring on the solenoid. I also used a ambient temp sensor from another vehicle(not vw) and it shows 115f inside all the time. I assume it doesnt work even though it is normally hot like that in my area today was cloudy. I can barely feel a slight tint of cold ac when hauling on the highway then as soon as i rev down that little tid bit is gone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 05-14-2019 02:09 PM #2
      This a tech or a fanboy forum? Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Cars
      1991 Corrado G60 in progress, 1998 GTI VR6, 2012 Audi TTRS Black Panther
      05-14-2019 08:26 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Cash4920 View Post
      This a tech or a fanboy forum? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Sorry but with that attitude good luck getting someone to help!

Maybe get a set of refrigerant gauges in the system and get pressures so we can see what happening within the system. System full of Freon does tell us much. Did you put the correct weight in, was it empty before, did it have a leak, running pressures hi side/low side, etc. (some history). Asking for help without giving us all the info, then you wonder why no one responds.
      Last edited by northendroid; 05-15-2019 at 04:37 AM.
      Restoring: 1991 Corrado G60
      Corrado Buddy MK3 GTI VR6
      2012 Audi TTRS
      ACNA Eastern Canada Director

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      05-14-2019 09:14 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Cash4920 View Post
      Anyone have knowledge on a/c valve solenoids and ambient temperature sensors? A/c blowing hot filled with free on ,but only warm air.i had just replaced the snap ring on the solenoid. I also used a ambient temp sensor from another vehicle(not vw) and it shows 115f inside all the time. I assume it doesnt work even though it is normally hot like that in my area today was cloudy. I can barely feel a slight tint of cold ac when hauling on the highway then as soon as i rev down that little tid bit is gone....

Model of car and year??

Did you replace the regulation control valve or just snap ring?? "i had just replaced the snap ring on the solenoid"

Purchase the proper ambient temp sensor.

7. 05-14-2019 09:17 PM #5
      You sure think its just the ambient temp sensor? I just replaced the snap ring because the original one snapped when charging it up with freon after sitting a while before getting painted. So its the same solenoid and the screen was cracked...

8. 05-14-2019 09:19 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI's View Post
      Model of car and year??

Did you replace the regulation control valve or just snap ring?? "i had just replaced the snap ring on the solenoid"

2013 jetta se 2.5

9. 05-14-2019 09:23 PM #7
      Model of car and year??

Now that i think about it its probably the valve because the pressure on the gauge was reading 60-70 psi

10. 05-14-2019 09:32 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by northendroid View Post
      Sorry but with that attitude good luck getting someone to help!

Maybe get a set of refrigerant gauges in the system and get pressures so we can see what with the system. System full of Freon does tell us much. Did you put the correct weight in, was it empty before, did it have a leak, running pressures hi side/low side, etc. (some history). Asking for help without giving us all the info, then you wonder why no one responds.
      2013 jetta 2.5 se,it was dry because of a ruptured line(highside) when recharged it spit out the ac valve solenoid cause of a defective snap ring. Just cleaned it and stuck it back in. Now recharged and no cold a/c. Temp on dash reads 105-115f temp her has been 90-115f these past days the ambient temp sensor is probably off because it showed that temp on my volvo vnl semi as well. Figured ambient temp sensors are just resistors or thermistors so it wont affect *too* much

11. Member
      05-14-2019 09:47 PM #9
      So you evacuated the system and pulled a vacuum and recharged to the correct weight? Do both radiator fans turn when ac is switched on? Have you scanned with Vcds for DTC?
      Last edited by GTI's; 05-14-2019 at 10:24 PM.

12. 05-15-2019 12:27 AM #10
      So you evacuated the system and pulled a vacuum and recharged to the correct weight? Do both radiator fans turn when ac is switched on? Have you scanned with Vcds for DTC?
      Snapon dtc there is no one i know of in my area that has vcds. Im from south texas at the very southern tip 8 second turbo chevys are more the thing around here.will post the codes tomorrow