VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Snow Performance Stage Boost Cooler For 2.0T TSI/FSI

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jettabuddy 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Hi, I have a stage 1 boost cooler from snow performance and have nothing bad to say about it. They give you plenty of wire too.
Adjusting the boost switch to have the system come on at 10psi was straight forward.
Turn allen key the recommended amount in the instructions to roughly increase or decrease 1psi at a time.
I had my friend watch the boost gauge and green "spray ON" LED to see what boost pressure the switch was set to. Alternatively, If you have VCDS you can do a log and watch your air to fuel ratio start to richen up and see what boost level that happens at.

Intake temperatures drop with a 50/50 mix quite a bit which is great for hot weather. I am not tuned for the methanol injection, but the cooling affect and added octane are worth it for me.

Had the setup for 2 years. The boost switch got stuck closed in -25C weather and bogged the engine (was still spraying at idle). I have a switch to turn off the meth kit right beside my ESP button so I was luckily able to kill it quickly. I can't fault the company for that, I shouldn't have kept the kit on in that weather lol.
Hope that helps in any way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.