Fourtitude.com - Component Cabinet and other misc questions
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      '16 GTI
      05-11-2019 11:09 AM #1
      In a couple months Ill be moving to a new place and I wont be able to use my entertainment center, as the only spot for my TV will be mounted above a fireplace that Ill never use.

Id like to consolidate my components, which are minimal, to a cabinet which will likely be in the corner next to the couch. Id like to see if you guys have any recommendations for a cabinet or another solution I could use.

Also, what is the best way to run wires? My receiver acts as the switcher so only one hdmi cable needs to go to the TV and Ill likely use a Sewell wall blade again for power cable concealment.

I think that Ill run speaker wire in the ceiling as there seems to be a crawl space above but I need to inspect and see whats up there. Id probably use wall plates with terminal ends from monoprice to keep it clean.

Below are staged photos from the same floor plan condo as I will be in to give a visual example of the space.

Thanks for any tips or tricks or products that may help.

This was my setup previously. Nothing fancy but Id like to have at least 5.1 again.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Senior Member
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      05-11-2019 11:36 AM #2
      You buying a place down there?

What about something like this? Id replace the glass up front with a piece of perforated steel to keep things from getting too hot.

https://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-1-Do...03831023&psc=1

Can you put holes in the walls? If yes, would you have space for in wall speakers next to the TV?

Cars
      '16 GTI
      05-11-2019 06:02 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      You buying a place down there?

What about something like this? Id replace the glass up front with a piece of perforated steel to keep things from getting too hot.

https://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-1-Do...03831023&psc=1

Can you put holes in the walls? If yes, would you have space for in wall speakers next to the TV?
      I like that cabinet thanks! Not sure there will be room for in wall speakers due to the size of my tv. I still need to measure and see if my tv will even fit. The place in the photos has ceiling speakers which I guess could be an option but dont really want to do all of that or buy new speakers.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Senior Member
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      05-12-2019 03:09 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Jasonloaf View Post
      I like that cabinet thanks! Not sure there will be room for in wall speakers due to the size of my tv. I still need to measure and see if my tv will even fit. The place in the photos has ceiling speakers which I guess could be an option but dont really want to do all of that or buy new speakers.
      Got it. Sounds like youd still have a challenge with surface mountains speakers around the TV though?

In walls can be affordable (the monoprice units I bought were $600 on sale for *9* speakers total), and there are even some ceiling speakers that are angled toward your listening position. They also pretty much disappear which is nice in a small space.

Cars
      '16 GTI
      05-12-2019 07:15 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Got it. Sounds like youd still have a challenge with surface mountains speakers around the TV though?

In walls can be affordable (the monoprice units I bought were $600 on sale for *9* speakers total), and there are even some ceiling speakers that are angled toward your listening position. They also pretty much disappear which is nice in a small space.
      Thanks, Jon! I'll check out Monoprice and maybe I'll get fancy and use the speakers I already have for the bedroom or something.